HIP-HOP 'AINT RAP!

abit

Originally posted by seeking

excuse me, was i even talking to you?..there was nothing 'intelligent' to be said.

as far as your back pack and your sage francis cd... child please, i just got off the phone with sage, he said fuck off too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haahaahhahha....fuck you chumps.....hahaha..ya heard?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by abit

okay, for one Hip-Hop isn't rap, that is like saying METAL is like HARD ROCK and Country is like BLUES or Classical is like INSTRUMENTAL, learn you genre's kids. true hip hop is like Dramacide, Kweli, KRS1, J5, Dilated peoples, Akrobatik, Edan, Esoteric, Binary Star, Artifact, The Arsonists, Arsenik, MC EIGHT, etc.. Their music is TOTALY Different then Ludacris, Jay-Z, Nas, Master P, Etc.. It's a Different Genre. If you think RAP is HIP HOP then start telling people Back Street Boys and Jay-Z are in the same catergory, or Garth Brooks and Beethoven.

Before you start talking shit, please learn your facts.

Quote: Who Cares

Answer: Obviously All Of Us Who Read This And Are Posting

All you 13 year old dumb asses who probably skate board and think Graffiti has nothing to do with Hip-Hop and Think Rap Is Hip-Hop learn your facts, read a book, and get into high school.

Just Because it is Underground does not mean it's hip hop, lex glass, ytcracker arent hip hop but they're underground rappers.

That's all for now.

i lost all respect for "12 oz prophet"

one of their crew members are fucking idiots.

and btw "metal" isnt a culture, there's another name for it dumb fuck.

second i live in the US and Germany. i know about the cultures.

- these people are still rapping, no matter what they have to say, unless its all beats with no flows over them.

looks like my POINTS pissed you off seeking, i said MC EIGHT not MC EIHT second i am FROM AMERICA i moved to GERMANY. If you want to say Hip Hop is rap then techno is country. Gangster rap is lame as fuck "yo nigga i shot dat bitch fuck dat cop i hop dat shit" "Yo yo yo i be dat gangsta from the 618 repping crips up here motha fucka" "yo i b eazy for you too shoot wearing timberland boots" LAME ASS, if you think gangster rap is cool then shoot yourself it's lame. fucking ey i cant believe kids think gangs are cool still. you probably write gang symbols all over and sag your pants and shit wearing bandanas.

how can you have respect for an artist who doesnt know what genre of music they're in?

-Gangster rap is ten times better than some bullshit mos def is talking about, as long as your a good rapper, thats all that matters, i dont give a fuck if mos def is possitive, hes a shity rapper, and thats that.

It's a motherfuckin shame.

Everytime I look at the goddamn news, or read a motherfuckin

paper, some motherfuckin bitch or nigga tryin to dis gangsta rap.

But um, check this shit out.

Gangsta rap is here to motherfuckin stay.

All you hoes and bitches out there tryin to put a bag on this

shit, this shit is here to motherfuckin stay.

-South Central Cartel, from So Watchu Sayin'

you remember - the Show sdtk..good sdtk, eh?

Originally posted by killtheradio

what the fuck is up with some badass cats gettin all popular like slug and aesop and living legends man shit sucks but cant do a damn thing about it cause when u good people bound to start listen to yo shit.... ya i dont know y i posted this? fuck it

"underground" isn't that "underground" anymore....it has become a another label......the reason these guys blow up is because of a couple of things.....first,people like to listen to them....and second,they are good at what they do........and I,as a "hip-hop" junkie....I respect that... end of story.

fuck all the fighting and shit....listen to whatever you want to listen to.

if i get hated on here, fuck it. i like shit that most people on here would hate. but then again, i also will listen to stuff that some people here are big fans of..

fuck it, wheres my nelly album at? <--joke

YO GUYS, HAVE YOU HEARD THAT NEW TALIB KWELI ALBUM QUALITY?? THAT ISH IS DOPE.. PLUS THE SLUG AND ATMOSPHERE SHOW IS COMMING UP NEXT WEEKEND, WHO WANTS TO GO TO FAT BEATS FIRST AND COP SOME VINYL?? I GOTTA GET A NEW BACKPACK SO IM GONNA NEED SOMEONE TO SPOT ME FOR THAT AESOP JAM CAUSE MY MOMS ONLY GIVING ME 50 THIS WEEK FOR GEAR.

hahhaha backpackers are funny

Hip-Hop 'Aint Rap - KRS-ONE

Get it through your heads, the media is wrong, again.

MTV, BET, MUCH, VH1... Rolling Stones, Etc..

RAP is a corrupted industry, hip-hop is a culture, a lifestyle.

It's not about bling bling, sex, ho's, gang banging, crips, bloods, ice on your wrist, it's not about wearing jerseys and baggy blue jeans. it's not just black artists but a wide range, whites, hispanics, asians, native americans, even arabs. hip hop consists of the 4 [main] elements.

Which since i've found many writers do not no, but they're "graffiti" "djing" "mcing" and "break dancing" in order of how they came. :mad:

100,000+ People know Hip Hop Aint Rap, Spread The Word.

Learn the facts kids. Learn the facts media.

http://www.mr-koww.com/handstylez/ms/MUSIK!_1.0.JPG'>

THANK YOU! This shit is so true. If I hear one more person refer to "P-Diddy" as a hip hop artist, I'm gonna puke.

Guest ModelCitizen

HAHA. This debate still rages on.

A lot of religious underground heads lost their heroes and role models when the "independent" acts they once jocked started signing dotted lines and smiling for the cameras. Money makes the world go 'round.

i found this on some other site ...

Drunkmonk says: know my opinion is that an Emcee is far more lyrical than a rapper, rappers are more like entertainers, like Eminem he is in my opinion an Emcee, but then Nelly is a rapper, thats how I feel but this is argued so frequently I want yall nigguz and niggettes opinion thanks peace

Eyecondeception says: emcee- one who is holding the mic in a sense. but also more conceptual than a rapper. can freestyle, is very resourceful, intelligent, and versatile. can write verses on the spot if needed at any time. more in touch with himself and reality than a rapper.

rapper- in a bliss, sucks dick, doesnt write his own lyrics (most of the time), can't freestyle, talks about meaningless nonsense, and oh yeah appeals to the masses.....dumbasses mostly

Omnificent says: eMCee-person connected to his reality

Rapper-commercialized strongly and isn't connected to reality,

thats my opinion one

Diablo says: emcee - rhymes to make a point,never sacrifices the truth or intellignece in search of $$...must be skilled...common sense, mos def, black thought...emcees

rapper - just what the name says...they rap. may have skill, but will prolly say anything to earn a life...nelly, most gangster rappers, wyclef's bitch ass....puffs almost there...lol

haha there you go...:idea:

Ok, thanks for your inquiry SpyD.... I'm sure someone will answer your question well.... possible the answer may not be all that good though too, so be expecting that. Not to tell you to cross your fingers for a dumb answer, sometimes you get lucky without throwing salt over your shoulder, ya know?

Anyway, for now, just look at this:

Hip hop is rap. (hip hop = rap)

"back packer" is a common euphemism for an 'underground' hip hop kid. it comes from, no small surprise, the fact that they're always wearing back packs. it usually refers to white college aged hip hop kids that think they know everything and start stupid fuckng threads like this.

its too bad i banned abit, id like to get a chance to tell him to fuck off again.

Archived