Leonardo da Vinci, Master Draftsman at the Met...get there

mental invalid

if you can get there by train, by plane, by automobile, or if your just lucky enough to live in that grand ole city and walk there, i highly recommend checking this exhibit out....me and the lady went, and both of us our layman in the art world, however i was absolutely floored...you know it was good when you get out and look around and everything looks slightly different in scope.....

its none of his finshed pieces just alot of his studies and some of his journals....i was completely dumbfounded by the technique as well as the size of some of his sketches, some are so small but so detailed, its just amazing....i can think of like many people on this board who must attend, i wont name names, you know who you are......and yes there will be a quiz....

Leonardo da Vinci, Master Draftsman

January 22, 2003–March 30, 2003

Special Exhibition Galleries, 2nd floor

The first comprehensive survey of Leonardo da Vinci's drawings ever presented in America, this international loan exhibition brings together nearly 120 works of extraordinary beauty by one of the great masters of all time. Even in an era of boundless scientific discovery and technological invention, and of sublime artistic and humanistic achievement, Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519) stands as a supreme icon in Western consciousness—the very embodiment of the universal Renaissance genius. The exhibition surveys Leonardo's staggering contribution as an artist, scientist, theorist, and teacher. Gathered from private and public collections in Europe and North America, the selection of drawings includes rarely exhibited works and illustrates a great variety of drawing types. The exhibition also integrates a small group of drawings by artists critical to Leonardo's formation in Florence and to his multifaceted activity in Milan, offering a unified view of the great master's legacy.

http://www.metmuseum.org/home.asp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ArtvandaL
Originally posted by KING OF HELL

its always a huge bolt of inspiration seeing his traveling shows.

if he were alive today i wonder what he'd be like?

hed be a writer down with TATS cru

Guest ArtvandaL
Originally posted by mental invalid

both.....

its at " the met " meaning the metropolitan museum of art in nyc...

wanna know why he wrote left to right??

because he was lefty and did not want to smudge the ink...so much for urban legends...

i dont get it

Archived