boycotting companies

optimodub

i generally boycott starbucks, wal-mart, etc.

you might try boycotting the ones on this list:

http://dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=48524

those are all corporations the u.s. edited out of iraq's report (8000 pages worth of editing) because they helped arm and train iraq w/ weapons of mass destructions. yes, u.s. government and business, like you didn't know.

it's like planting evidence.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Why would you boycott star bucks? Its a coffee shop!

50% of the clothes you own were made in sweat shops. They are only classified sweat shops because they pay their workers a fraction less than the regulated standards.

You ever visited the nike factory in Indonesia? I have.

Buy whatever you like. Be comfortable with your consumerism. If you actually like the product, fucking buy it. Could it be any simpler?

Originally posted by krie

my feet smell http://images.deviantart.com/emoticons/odd/icon_imslow.gif'>

yeah my feet used to smell. try changing your socks and taking off your shoes once a day for a few hours, a shower may even help although in some circumstances not necessary for the stinky feet.

one should definately boycott compaonies if they see a point to it or are heavy consumers. it also doesnt hurt to keep a small book of scams in your back pocket so when you do need to spend money its money you stole frome them.

Originally posted by crackatinnie

Why would you boycott star bucks? Its a coffee shop!

its a coffeeshop that pays sweatshop wages to the people that stand in fields all day getting them coffee beans. although i must say to be fair that starbucks does carry fairtrade coffee by request.

...and i am proud to say that i am not what you call a "hippy poofter"

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dr. Drew

i Boycott Nike and Mcdonalds.

i try to walk 90% of the time. this boycotts oil indusrties and Bush's war.

I don't boycott starbucks because their coffee is grown from legitimate sources, as opposed to agricultural practices which devestate native lands (at least thats what they claim) another cool thing about starbucks is their good with labor relations, their employees are paid decent, and they give benefits to part timers.

In fact i have a better system than boycotting--I steal. yep, i go to huge clothing retailers like Gap, Guess, Abercrombie, Diesel etc...and rip off their clothes. I won't pay a dime. I'm ripping them off. I guess its bad in a way, as i am increasing the demand for more product, but i am proud of the fact that i'm making some CEOs dividend a little smaller

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

i Boycott Nike and Mcdonalds.

I started boycotting Nike after I saw Michael Moore's "The Big One" in like 9th grade (somewhere around there)...I don't really care that much anymore, but Nike's shit is always as ugly as fuck so it makes it easy to boycott(I'm pretty sure my converse and addidas were made in the exact same conditions). As for McDonalds...I never could eat their food anyways...it just tastes like shit...no political reasons.

matthewthirteen.

i boycott mcdonalds and taco bell. mcdonalds because they cut down the rainforest for thier cattle, and taco bell because they use GRADE F meat. your dogs get grade D.

nike because of sweat shops.

most clothing companies actually, and it really doesnt matter, because i usually buy used anyway.

it's not a direct boycott, i just dont listen to anything that come from major music labels. so.. i guess you could add that to my list.

i also boycott poptarts, because toaster strudels (sp?) kick thier ass.

Archived