uk wall flixs

Guest monty burns

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for posting here but there isn't a suitable thread elsewhere that I can see. Has anyone tried this Monty Gold yet? Can you answer two questions if you have actually used it:

1. What is it like (coverage/control/etc) in comparison to say, Monstercolors or something like that.

2. Does anyone actually stock it in sufficient amounts that if you order some, you will actually get what you order?

Please, either one reply or email me to stop my question clogging this thread.

Sorry for interrupting the thread, and back to the flix...

Sime (iamsime@yahoo.co.uk)

YO SIME

Originally posted by sime

sorry for posting here but there isn't a suitable thread elsewhere that I can see. Has anyone tried this Monty Gold yet? Can you answer two questions if you have actually used it:

1. What is it like (coverage/control/etc) in comparison to say, Monstercolors or something like that.

2. Does anyone actually stock it in sufficient amounts that if you order some, you will actually get what you order?

Unless youve coem across a lorry load on the A17 fella, i wouldnt bother...some prize colours, yeah,but id rather stick to the triple threat of Montana/Premium/Alien... :D

Originally posted by Locofanclub

Unless youve coem across a lorry load on the A17 fella, i wouldnt bother...some prize colours, yeah,but id rather stick to the triple threat of Montana/Premium/Alien... :D

okey dokey locey:)

Thanks for the reply. I've been using that monstercolors quite a bit. It's nice and covers great but clogs up like a bastard! Hycote caps work well on it though and if you get a soft fat cap you can still use it for thin outlines by getting really close up cos it doesn't drip at all. Can you remember about 10 years ago when plasticote brought out that water-based (sounds crazy but it was quite thick) acrylic stuff in smart colours? Its a bit like that. Shame plasticote don't do that anymore, it was best paint I've used. Is the premium like the old Beltons? I'm going to try that anyway when this stash is finished...

Guest imported_sofarok

Can you remember about 10 years ago when plasticote brought out that water-based (sounds crazy but it was quite thick) acrylic stuff in smart colours? Its a bit like that. Shame plasticote don't do that anymore, it was best paint I've used.

Plasticote decorative? That’s the best paint you have ever used? Mate seriously take off the rose coloured specs, all this ‘not as good as in my day’ bollocks is getting tired, its one thing to slag off current styles because you don’t understand them and have witnessed there inception and metamorphosis but to say plasticote decorative is quality paint is lunacy…yes some of the colours were ok but god forbid you should try and us it for anything other than a fill on a hot sunny day at a well primed legal wall where you have hours to fill in…the only decent thing about decorative was the ny fats that came as stock…

okey dokey locey:)

Thanks for the reply. I've been using that monstercolors quite a bit. It's nice and covers great but clogs up like a bastard! Hycote caps work well on it though and if you get a soft fat cap you can still use it for thin outlines by getting really close up cos it doesn't drip at all. Can you remember about 10 years ago when plasticote brought out that water-based (sounds crazy but it was quite thick) acrylic stuff in smart colours? Its a bit like that. Shame plasticote don't do that anymore, it was best paint I've used. Is the premium like the old Beltons? I'm going to try that anyway when this stash is finished...

Try that premium Sime...also the Montana Alien....Worth it bloke! ;)

I've tried them Aliens, they are well nice. But "feel" really bizarre! I had a go of one t'other week and the thin/fat pressure thing is cool - was getting well skinny lines out of them!

Sime

Edited because I'm worth it...

Archived