uk wall flixs

Guest monty burns

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was having a think earlier, isn't it funny how nobody gives a shit about the graff scenes in so many places?

england is basically London, Bristol and Brighton, or at least they're the places which spring to mind.

the USA is NYC and LA, who gives a shit or knows a thing about Texas or like Dakota or wherever...

France is Paris and Marseilles, Italy Rome, Naples...

i guess some of these make sense, given they're the biggest cities with the biggest transport networks, but there must be places in America with big scenes we niether know nor care about.

take england, Birmingham is the second biggest city here, but can anyone who isn't from birmingham name any brummy writers???

yet i guarentee if you asked say a Parisian about London, or a Londoner about NYC, they would be able to reel off a list of names...

who knows...who cares i guess!

London is :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

this might not go down too well and is probably better suited in another thread but considering North London contains some of the most colourful, original and interesting grafitti, why is that the magority of forums just post the same boring south london stuff where flexifit toys seem to come off a production line. im waiting to be barracked by people so fuck it.

Originally posted by nocomprende@Mar 22 2006, 05:01 PM

was having a think earlier, isn't it funny how nobody gives a shit about the graff scenes in so many places?

england is basically London, Bristol and Brighton, or at least they're the places which spring to mind.

the USA is NYC and LA, who gives a shit or knows a thing about Texas or like Dakota or wherever...

i guess some of these make sense, given they're the biggest cities with the biggest transport networks, but there must be places in America with big scenes we niether know nor care about.

take england, Birmingham is the second biggest city here, but can anyone who isn't from birmingham name any brummy writers???

yet i guarentee if you asked say a Parisian about London, or a Londoner about NYC, they would be able to reel off a list of names...

London is  :king:  :king:  :king:  :king:  :king:

no comprende by name, no comprende by nature! :haha:

what you just wrote is the biggest heap of shit I've ever seen on this forum. bravo.

*nice flicks selondon!

Guest pom_one
Originally posted by nocomprende@Mar 22 2006, 04:01 PM

London is  :king:  :king:  :king:  :king:  :king:

brummie writers

Korsa

Zuke

Trops

Midas

Trik

Prove

i could name a few writers names from most cities in the uk, i think maybe you just don't know much

Originally posted by nocomprende@Mar 22 2006, 05:01 PM

London is :king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

I think what you mean is *some* southerners who don't get out much think UK graffiti is London, Bristol and Brighton. The rest of us think Nottingham/Lesta, Newcastle/North East, Glasgow, Liverpool, Cardif, Edinbroo, London, Bristol etc etc. Almost every town has a scene and a history back to the old days - just cos it's not in Graphotism or on 12oz doesn't mean anything.

As for what foreigners think and what we think of other countries - its just as much to do with geographical ignorance on all our parts. I mean, I admit I don't really know any French cities apart from Paris...

Look a bit harder, there's kings everywhere...except Chelmsford.

Cheers.

*btw this is not intended as an attack on nocomprende, just taking the discussion on further.

Originally posted by Locofanclub+Mar 24 2006, 08:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locofanclub - Mar 24 2006, 08:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>It would be intretsing to do a poll...London or Rest of UK.<!--QuoteBegin-Mr.Visa@Mar 23 2006, 10:45 PM

:burn: If some people think London is the B all, and end all ,of graff in the UK.........We have a problem!!! most of the best artists in the uk,Are not from London....... :umm: :umm: :umm:

[/b]

i think brighton smashes it style wise but then again there is a few writers from london down there now with style such as town,vibes,snore arse to name a few. london still represents the damage side of graff and always will i think, you never know tho.

Archived