uk wall flixs

Guest monty burns

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think brighton smashes it style wise but then again there is a few writers from london down there now with style such as town,vibes,snore arse to name a few. london still represents the damage side of graff and always will i think, you never know tho.

I think arse has just been making a mess in Brighton, a lot of the graff was all good but he's been messing it up with scrappy tags and throw ups...

just my opinion, but after seeing the extent of the buff on tracksides all over london yesterday, north and south, its so bad for london. you can say its evolution but when all the old good pieces are lost to standard brown paint, then replaced by some shitty pathetic toy crap, theres no winners. what also pisses me right off is the fact that so many of these fucking toys have no respect, yesterday in north london along the tracks theres so much new wall space, but these fuckin toys have gone straight over some Slam dubs, showing no respect whatsoever. little cunts

also on a slightly less angry note, can anyone shed some light on the walls down at vauxhall station, which face the platforms - how comes theyve all been there so long without being buffed, and does anyone know how the deadly avenger piece came about - i assume its for the musician the deadly avneger..?

Originally posted by Chewie@Mar 30 2006, 11:05 AM

also on a slightly less angry note, can anyone shed some light on the walls down at vauxhall station, which face the platforms - how comes theyve all been there so long without being buffed, and does anyone know how the deadly avenger piece came about - i assume its for the musician the deadly avneger..?

The stuff down at Vauxhall was done with permission, so it's not strictly 'illegal'. But I bet theres a few people sitting in the office desperate to get rid of it...

I think thats why it's still there anyway...

Hey,

I know Ive asked this before and got flamed, but if theres anyone in the brighton area who is willing to help me out with improving my painting give me a shout!

I live in a fucking tiny city and NOBODY here paints. PLEASE dont make me learn how to paint from the fucking internet!

I'll post some flicks from brighton in a week or two - off to california in 2 days woo!

Peace

H

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by "cOrIsMa"@Mar 24 2006, 04:35 PM

yeah brightons sick, but although london produces alot of shit, you get people like siege, rainman, tizer and loads of others, who in my opinion have some of the most style in the uk.

Just to stir things up but those people you mentioned, well only one of them comes from London! But when it comes to graf no where competes with London. The city is so big, got so many walls, such a big transport system, got so many yards that no where comes close. Yes some people with style do come from other places, but London is the place. Most places outside London the writers are lazy as the scenes are so small or you can take the place over in a few months. As London is so big and there is so much competiton it keeps the writers keen and keeps them painting, as there is always another plot to hit or always someone else to keep up with. That gives London graf a certain energy that no where seems to have as far as I can see.

Originally posted by b0b@Mar 31 2006, 10:05 AM

Just to stir things up but those people you mentioned, well only one of them comes from London! But when it comes to graf no where competes with London. The city is so big, got so many walls, such a big transport system, got so many yards that no where comes close. Yes some people with style do come from other places, but London is the place. Most places outside London the writers are lazy as the scenes are so small or you can take the place over in a few months. As London is so big and there is so much competiton it keeps the writers keen and keeps them painting, as there is always another plot to hit or always someone else to keep up with. That gives London graf a certain energy that no where seems to have as far as I can see.

Bob I totally agree about london being an energetic scene and without doubt it has influenced the rest of the UK and continues to do so. It has produced some of the finest graffiti writers in the world. However i think you're being a little unfair on the "outsiders".

In small towns/scenes you lose the "strength in numbers" security and it is so much easier for the law to pick people off in a small scene and effectively completely destroy it - at least for a time.

There is less competition but there is also more space/time to evolve styles and take your own path kind of thing...less scene pressure to conform to this week's style (which seems to be GT in brighton this week lol).

It is true a writer can take a small city or town in a month with a bit of work but you can't really mean outsiders are lazy?? What about Mist or Inch ? Back in the day there was vibrant energetic scenes in most large northern cities and even now there is a core of young guns gettin' bizzy every night on the transit sytems and walls up north and elsewhere (check dem Southampton flix earlier). Anyway, outsiders haven't got the time to paint as much as londoners cos outsiders have got jobs to go to not like you dole scrounger bums in london lol!

As for loco saying who is best london or elsewhere - I don't know graffiti wise - but we'd have london in a scrap with one arm tied behind our backs! chinese burns the lot, tellin' ya!

Guest imported_b0b

Space: I was hoping someone would prove me wrong about the laziness factor; yes I know there are reasons why you can't go all out in some places (due to police heat etc) but still it seems that London bombers have more of a work ethic. As for Mist: I used to go to Shefiiled loads in the 80's and ACT crew were up! If only more people were bombing as much as then all over the country huh? Anyway no harshness meant to the "outsiders", remember I'm an outsider to them and that is why i don't know everything about every city in the country so I am talking in great big generic terms.

Originally posted by b0b+Mar 31 2006, 09:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (b0b - Mar 31 2006, 09:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-"cOrIsMa"@Mar 24 2006, 04:35 PM

yeah brightons sick, but although london produces alot of shit, you get people like siege, rainman, tizer and loads of others, who in my opinion have some of the most style in the uk.

[/b]

oh seen didnt know that....

...good point aswell.

Archived