boredom,two rolls of film and a city called DETROIT

Guest meone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rip Hamilton
Originally posted by thePackage

NOBODY: detroit coming ill again of course.

....all thanks to the same two dudes who have been killin shit all year.

post some stori flix. hell, start a STORI cf thread!

word i gotta agree.detroit seems to have a group of writers who consistently get up and then it has its share of thugs writing their names up on walls. ive been meaning to start painting for years but i get too discouraged to do my thing because of the above reasons.these kids will outshine me no doubt and i dont have the energy nor do i know any of these cats.call me a pussy but i dont want to start shit up and have these guys line me.so i sit back and observeeeee

Guest Rip Hamilton
Originally posted by thePackage

NOBODY: detroit coming ill again of course.

....all thanks to the same two dudes who have been killin shit all year.

post some stori flix. hell, start a STORI cf thread!

...are you kidding me? a thread for someone that went out bombing for a year, on 1 side of the city, and hasn't really done shit since. to much undeserved recognition. not bein modest, just honest. if one does pop up i'll try my best to get it deleted.

Nobody what are you talkin about man?? no ones tryin to fight you if you paint.

Originally posted by NOBODY

word i gotta agree.detroit seems to have a group of writers who consistently get up and then it has its share of thugs writing their names up on walls. ive been meaning to start painting for years but i get too discouraged to do my thing because of the above reasons.these kids will outshine me no doubt and i dont have the energy nor do i know any of these cats.call me a pussy but i dont want to start shit up and have these guys line me.so i sit back and observeeeee

this is the biggest bullshit excuse ive ever heard in my life. if there is one thing detroit does not have, it's a bunch of thug writers. 90% of the writers are suburban white kids who love painting, not being hard. if you put in the effort and do things right, no one will line you. if you want to just 'dabble' and paint once in a while, why cant you? as long as you dont present yourself as mr. A+ number 1, super graffiti super-star, no one will dis you for it.

if you wanna paint, paint.

just make sure its something other writers wont be disgusted to look at.

it's funny this threads been up for almost a year now...i thought it would die off like all the rest of the detroit threads bump for keeping the D alive, bump for all the cats keeping it alive and bump for another year of cats killing shit and putting up the numbers and effort...Looking at the rest of country through the internet i've seen alot of shit but i think for just wrecking an entire city the way these cats do we all in the d whether it be the one time wonders or the all city wreckers we all deserve some respect now....

just my thoughts on the upcoming new year...

keep wrecking it from the freights to the walls

Originally posted by meone

Looking at the rest of country through the internet i've seen alot of shit but i think for just wrecking an entire city the way these cats do we all in the d whether it be the one time wonders or the all city wreckers we all deserve some respect now....

there are a handful of kids who deserve respect for crushing the city, another handful who deserve respect for having good attitudes, quality work, and being cool people, then a whole bunch more who have nothing to do with anything and should worry about asking why they arent putting forth the effort, not being souped up off what others are doing.

this is not directed to you at all, but just in general.

Detroit Detroit Detroit

Heres my Beef w/ Detroit. Im not from Detroit , but Ive painnted there and heres my Beef......See you got this incredible city. Old, A lot of abandoned shit. A lot of Bricks, easy rooftops, chill Freeways, Freights. All this shit and for the most part you got kids doin simple ass silvers. 2 color peices, throw ups . Itseems like people should be taken advantage of the situation. Maybe thats what Detroit is suppossed to be about.... I dont know thats just my view . Keep Painting. More Colors. That Fohr shit is an incredible bite from Twister. Peace to yall. www.djexile.com

TURDLE ON HERE?

LOL I SEEN THAT TURDLE SHIT IN PHILLY. ALL THEM LITTLE TURDLES AND SHIT.:lol: :lol: I THOUGHT YOU WERE A LOCAL INSPIRED BY MY BOY PERO (DRAWS DOG FACES). I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE A DETROIT BOMBER. HOLLA!

I SEEN A LITTLE FOHR/FOUR TOO.

Re: Detroit Detroit Detroit

Originally posted by StrayDog

Heres my Beef w/ Detroit....Keep Painting. More Colors. That Fohr shit is an incredible bite from Twister. Peace to yall. www.djexile.com

not that this needs to be explained, but there are lots of advantages to just painting simples and two colors peices. At the end of the day, letters are letters, and its doesnt matter to me if coupe added an extra highlight, or esau added an extra arrow, I read there name. You are right, its kind of what detroit is 'about' in a way. Just like there are people from philly who would rather do a big elaborate handstyle than a fill. Justo is still setting the level to have good simple letters, all over the city. and if you could do more of those with less paint then why not?

and is every cartoon style character with alcohol a bite from twister? better call up FOX because barney on the simpsons has had that shit on lock for years, and I'm sure Matt Greoning (sp?) wouldnt want to be biting...

Dj fat guy with long hair, give it up, your just too hip hop. Act like you know, because you dont.

(websites with music piss me off)

Originally posted by seeking

there are a handful of kids who deserve respect for crushing the city, another handful who deserve respect for having good attitudes, quality work, and being cool people, then a whole bunch more who have nothing to do with anything and should worry about asking why they arent putting forth the effort, not being souped up off what others are doing.

this is not directed to you at all, but just in general.

I hear that...but we all know Detroit is under rated.... and i would understand if you were directing it towards me because i admitt i'm in the later part of the statement.... and i've gotta new years resolution to said problem too...lookin to put up some numbers this year

MHC = Modern Hieroglyphics

When its all said and done everybody and there mutha Fuckin MOM is Right. Everybody wants the last word and Everybody wants the last Laugh. But in this Case Justo Beta Iowa etc. etc. started Detroit Graff, at least on a serious level and all you cats will forever walk in his shadow. If you guys innovated a little It wouldn't seem so pointless. Peace to whoever and Fuck to whoever. Nothing Matters and that my friend is the real issue. Innovate, Stop Recycling meaningless bullshit styles seen a thousand times befofe, Detroit is cool, but @ the same time boring.

Whats my name??????????????????????/ You Fucks.

maybe i can shed a lil light on the 2 color process,started by justo and reinforced my mhc as a whole(not that this was exclusive to detroit by any means). detroit is a poor city, with poor people, i am by no means saying i grew up in detroit under those poor conditions, but havving grown up near them i do have an economical mind set, just as someone mentioned earlier, do more pieces with less paint period, rule #1 for us. 2, detroit has a way of cutting through all the bullshit, not meaning grafitti, but meaning bullshit in life. and that 2 color process was a way for us to reflect that spirit, you can make a really poor piece look ok to the average person by adding all the dodads and arrows and alot of color, havving poor letters as a whole, and alot of peole do, you can hide behing the "decorations" and color. but if you only use black and white, or usually in mh's case black and silver, there is nothing to hide behind, your letters better be together. and that was the focus for us, good letters period on good spots, many of wich were done and many of wich i still have not seen in photos other than my own or my partners collections. thats it, nothing fancy, no bull shit, 2 colors strong and sound letters to back it up.

Archived