Go ahead and hate.. i know you wanna :)

WasntNotFuny

Yalls's need to stop fr8'er hating, MECA, CHUE, VEST, JELOE, are all clearly and thuroughly putting it down for the westside, playerr. You people make yourselves look like gigantic nerds breaking graffiti down to the last detail, year, and going into essay form about how people are " chomping hella steez" and all that shit, to try and clown. It's allot more fun to hate and all, but show respect where its deserved.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yelp, baby
Originally posted by TOM HAGEN

SAME FOR ME

SINCE YOU'RE INVITING US TO HATE, THE ONLY THING DOPE ABOUT THIS THREAD IS THOSE SEMI-HOT SLUTS, AND FOR ALL I KNOW THAT'S ACTUALLY YOU GUYS

GENERIC PLAYED STYLES + COME TO NEW YORK AND LINK UP WITH INTERNET BUDDIES = YOU'RE A FAG

TA-TA

jeloe being from the city+acutally getting up= your wrong

i dont really mind any of this stuff besides the dots, you guys really need to get over that dot highlight stuff, it was really overdone a few years back and it just takes away from your stuff.. it looks a lot other shit, sure, but graffiti always has genre's...

but all these pathetic fucks trying to credit themselves and all their biting ass friends they hang out with at scribble jam or wherever for any style whatsoever... please fools, if you were even slightly original then why does all your shit have to look the same for year(s) at a time?

you look at reas or noah or whoever from aok, free5, ghost, -- you see them fuck with so many random things, its not always on point from an aesthetic standpoint, sometimes theres shit off with it, but its always different from one piece to the next, you can tell that they're experimenting. you can tell they come up with stuff out of their own heads - or are at least digging for original influences from a large variety of shit.

somehow now it's better if you were higher up in the pecking order of biting their shit? please. painting someone else's shit is painting someone elses shit, no matter what year you try to tack on to your shit (i'm fond of the minus a year or two claims, i seen all you fools old shit) no matter if you somehow jocked your way into painting with them, or got in their crew - you're still just as pathetic (probaly more pathetic, for being a jocker in real life- not just with your drawings) as some kid that bit their shit -via- your shit, today for the first time.

will the defendant please rise..

ok. so i was made aware that there was a bit of a raw deal being made about me on this message board. yes, i am one of the kids mentioned as being a biter in this thread. i dont want to name myself outright but im sure you can figure it out as i didnt make it too dificult on purpose. anyways, i would like to first say that people like sento reas ghost diego vault grey amaze etc are definitely influences in my style and im far from ashamed to admit it. i would also like to say that while i know it is the vogue style as of late to be painting like this that i have been painting like this since mid 1999 and i do have the pics to back that up. i will admit i wasnt doing it to well at that time, but my mind was in the right place. i have been coached from time to time by one of the people you all credit for being on the forefront of the reintroduction of this style. i am proud of that influence from a first hand source. i also remember when i was starting to do this style it was the time when the whole "LA" style was the in thing to do. when i didnt jump on that bandwagon i remember getting labels like "euro trash" and being told to "keep jocking your NY heroes". i wore those 'insults' like badges of honor. anyways, im sorry if i appear to be a super jocker but i cant help painting what i feel. this style represents fun and readability which are the 2 key ingredients of graffiti TO ME. i have nothing but respect for those who have been doing this style for some time, you know who you are. to wrap it all up, i dont think i am the shit nor have i ever. those who know me know im humble and respectful. i just love to paint and have fun, simple as that. i know its kinda whack for me to go off on this essay, but i felt the need to contribute to my defense fund.

Originally posted by tan nguyen

i dont really mind any of this stuff besides the dots, you guys really need to get over that dot highlight stuff, it was really overdone a few years back and it just takes away from your stuff.. it looks a lot other shit, sure, but graffiti always has genre's...

but all these pathetic fucks trying to credit themselves and all their biting ass friends they hang out with at scribble jam or wherever for any style whatsoever... please fools, if you were even slightly original then why does all your shit have to look the same for year(s) at a time?

you look at reas or noah or whoever from aok, free5, ghost, -- you see them fuck with so many random things, its not always on point from an aesthetic standpoint, sometimes theres shit off with it, but its always different from one piece to the next, you can tell that they're experimenting. you can tell they come up with stuff out of their own heads - or are at least digging for original influences from a large variety of shit.

somehow now it's better if you were higher up in the pecking order of biting their shit? please. painting someone else's shit is painting someone elses shit, no matter what year you try to tack on to your shit (i'm fond of the minus a year or two claims, i seen all you fools old shit) no matter if you somehow jocked your way into painting with them, or got in their crew - you're still just as pathetic (probaly more pathetic, for being a jocker in real life- not just with your drawings) as some kid that bit their shit -via- your shit, today for the first time.

ouch! the truth hurts......

Guest -40 trooper

Re: will the defendant please rise..

Originally posted by billcosby

i have been painting like this since mid 1999 and i do have the pics to back that up.

since 99? word? damn son you go way back..you're not just a biter then, you're a pioneer of the biting from biters movement..haha fact is you're 15 years late on that style. you know you bite we know you bite..just keep it moving..who cares really,just dont try to rationalyse it it, makes you look like a bitch

Originally posted by IHATEU

you really just said you grew up with a copy of subway art in face...im glad my childhood memories are more fond then a copy of a paperback book filled with nigger art...and not to mention now you are biting my "trademark" excessive periods thing....mabye you just dont mean it...

WHOA, I HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE YOU NEVER GO WEST WITH ALL THAT BULLSHIT FRUIT LOOP STYLE BS THAT YOU THINK IS ILL. ALL THE HATE THAT YOU SPREAD ON HERE WILL NOT GO UN-ANSWERED. MAYBE THATS WHY YOUR GAY ASS GOT YA SHIT CHANGED AT SCRIBBLE.

FUCK A GRAFF JAM AND THE SHIT YOU TALK, YOU NEED A SERIOUS SERIOUSSERIOUS ASS KICKIN.

IN TIME YOU WILL GET CAUGHT OUT THERE. YOU FORGOT WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.

Guest Pilau Hands

In my opinion, Jeloe has pretty solid letters.

I have to admit though, I liked the Chue stuff from a few years back. His throws are still stylish and imaginative, but I he was on a role back then, and adding these new, what many call "trendy" items to his pieces make them seem watered down for me. Regardless of whether or not I think his style was strong back then, everybody's gotta experiment and succeed or fail.

The other stuff...I don't know, I don't hate it. It seems like one should hate it for political reasons, but whatever. Also, after mud buddha's thread, I'm also a fan of the idea that I'd rather see some bitten straight letters, that you might learn from, then some half assed attempt at "abstract" letterform. We've almost made it through the everyone biting msk period...we'll make it through this too I suppose.

I'm not a fan of the stock tip look. It's sloppy. I don't care if people used to shit into holes in the ground, I like two-ply and in-door plumbing.

and by the way...

i think the trucker hats are over.

Re: will the defendant please rise..

Originally posted by billcosby

ok. so i was made aware that there was a bit of a raw deal being made about me on this message board. yes, i am one of the kids mentioned as being a biter in this thread. i dont want to name myself outright but im sure you can figure it out as i didnt make it too dificult on purpose. anyways, i would like to first say that people like sento reas ghost diego vault grey amaze etc are definitely influences in my style and im far from ashamed to admit it. i would also like to say that while i know it is the vogue style as of late to be painting like this that i have been painting like this since mid 1999 and i do have the pics to back that up. i will admit i wasnt doing it to well at that time, but my mind was in the right place. i have been coached from time to time by one of the people you all credit for being on the forefront of the reintroduction of this style. i am proud of that influence from a first hand source. i also remember when i was starting to do this style it was the time when the whole "LA" style was the in thing to do. when i didnt jump on that bandwagon i remember getting labels like "euro trash" and being told to "keep jocking your NY heroes". i wore those 'insults' like badges of honor. anyways, im sorry if i appear to be a super jocker but i cant help painting what i feel. this style represents fun and readability which are the 2 key ingredients of graffiti TO ME. i have nothing but respect for those who have been doing this style for some time, you know who you are. to wrap it all up, i dont think i am the shit nor have i ever. those who know me know im humble and respectful. i just love to paint and have fun, simple as that. i know its kinda whack for me to go off on this essay, but i felt the need to contribute to my defense fund.

Right on. Your head's in the right place from the sound of that post. I'm not in the same graffiti style or philosophy, but if it makes you happy and you can feel proud of your work, then keep on trucking.

On another note, this thread seems to have reached its end as far as flicks and intelligent discussion, so it's closed.

Archived