Buying new amp for guitar.....

NoEZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well...im trying to get a band togeher...but this amp is jsut fr practice at home.....but i want a decent one so that i can tell if certain cords sound nice...cause sometimes whe you play it unplugged cords sound fine but when its amplified the sound isnt as good....so i want a amp good enough so i can create cord without them getting amplified horibly....a decent amp in other words...nothing chap and crappy....but not all expensive and professional

well, you still didn't really answer my question, I was asking about tone... what sort of sound do you want? Who do you want to sound like...

what kind of music do you play? What kind of guitar?

and aviod Crate, I've never met a decent one except their most recent high ticket stuff... used to be the same way with Peavey but they have really gotten shit together in the last 5 years or so...

my frind got a really nice peavy....but i think tht only because it wasupgraded ....and it has a phaser....well..im into playig alot of music....im into alot of melodic and musical styles...alst intoalot of metal..death metal........i like blues sounds too..i dont kow...im a all around type of guy......

Originally posted by noezywriter

my frind got a really nice peavy....but i think tht only because it wasupgraded ....and it has a phaser....well..im into playig alot of music....im into alot of melodic and musical styles...alst intoalot of metal..death metal........i like blues sounds too..i dont kow...im a all around type of guy......

sounds like you need a marshall. they can give you warm tones for blues, good clean tone for strumming chords, and heavy distortion for death metal. make sure its tubed, and not that sloid state crap. the person at the music storer can explain the difference to you. umm, that is if you want to play loud with a band, go with the marshall....at least 50watts. if you just want a small practice amp, the newer peavy's are pretty good at getting the sounds you need. mesa/boogie makes good small amps you could use for practice, but their stuff is so tech, it costs just as much as a half-stack. but their small amps do have the widest range of various tones you would need. crate does suck bad, well the bass amps are actually badass, but the guitar tone is terrible. use crate only for bass. as you get more into guitar playing, you'll want different amps for different sounds. vox or fender for clean, marshall or mesa for distortion. ampeg is overrated.

Archived