Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

I'm hoping for the bicicletas crew to see this,

i wanna buy a pedalpusher, max price $300

A friend is selling me his cause his knee got fucked,

i'll post some flicks in the next week.

In the meantime, i would like to hear some

suggestions

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

haha, uncle boy, thats a dope trio of wheels there..full dpc style, i already have one, i just need something less flashy for everyday movement.

Guest imported_Tesseract

If she won, you can steal his bike,

If he won, you can steal his girl......:)

I'm in Europe though, so skip that shit and leave boogie alone,

be serious people

Guest imported_Tesseract

My plan is to use it on free time, mostly weekends, take it on the mountain and ride...Athens is an uphill/downhill city with mad drivers and dangerous air pollution...i want a mountain bike..not really hardcore though

I'd look for a used Gary Fisher. I don't recall Fisher ever putting out a bad hardtail. Component wise, (Shimano) XTR is the best, followed by XT, then LX and after that alivio or something like that.

Steel bikes are going to have a nicer ride, but aluminum tends to be a bit lighter but is a bit stiffer. Titanium is the complete shit, but its pretty expensive. Check out E-bay and try to get your hands on an old Bontrager. Those bikes are just bad ass. I've seen frames go for around $200 and bikes sometimes go in the $300-400 range. MTBR.com has lots of reviews on bikes and a classified page as well. Check it out and lemme know if you have any questions.

Originally posted by AREANKAY

just go to the salvation amry and snag a bike for like 10 bux strip it down get a fixed gear wheel set get the ones with flip flop hub and a chain and a brake if your using it for freewheel and your basicly done you have a bike that is rideable, i jsut did this recently and it ran me like 120-150 for the bike wheels tires and chain

Surly makes an absolutely bad ass inexpensive flip flop hub. On the European side I believe Planet X is putting out some good inexpensive stuff as well.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Steve, thanx man...good info to start with..i'll check that stuff

When i get some info on that bike that friend is selling to me for 300$

i'll email it to you if you dont mind...i hate buying stuff i dunno about.

Originally posted by Tesseract

Steve, thanx man...good info to start with..i'll check that stuff

When i get some info on that bike that friend is selling to me for 300$

i'll email it to you if you dont mind...i hate buying stuff i dunno about.

not a problem man. I remember when I bought my first bike. I had no clue about frames or components for that matter. Oddly enough I still have that first mountain bike. I got lucky and bought a pretty decent bike on the cheap.

Most important thing is going to be the frame. Components and wheels can be upgraded. Email it to me when you get it.

What size are you looking for? If you don't know what size, let me know how tall you are and your inseam and I'll figure it out for ya. Size is going to be more important than the frame. If the bike doesn't fit, then your gonna feel like shit riding it.

• 4 weeks later...

tesser,

i will seriously sell you my mountain bike, shipped, for $300, unless shipping is more than $100. it is a GT aggressor 1.0, a very good frame and some decent components. it's in great condition, i just really don't ride anything but racing bikes these days. i'm 5'9", and i think if you are anywhere from 5'7" to 6' you should be ok. let me know, i can send you pics and all of that stuff...

-tearz

Guest imported_Tesseract

AWESOME! :)

I knew this 'meltdown' would bring something good...

If you got aim hit me up SN:TeenazeRiot

if not

Email me , only thing that may be bad is that i'm 6'1 i think(1,87m to be exact) do you think i fit in the frame?

Thanx..:dazed:

Archived