Shnowboarding...

Hank Parker

I just got a new board yesterday. I use to have a 160 Morrow Spoon, and it was like a '97 model. I got it w/the bindings back in the day for $72 from a friend when their business went under. The bindings were sooo shitty. And I wasn't digging the 160, I needed a freestyle board. So I got those Burton Freestlye bindings for X-mas and then I totally forget that the hardware configuration on my Morrow is the old octogon pattern. So I was in search of a new board. I have a friend that works at a skate shop and he didn't care if I were to jack a snowboard from there, but it was just getting past the managers that was gonna be a pain. It's not like stealing a deck or clothes from there. But anyhow, yesterday I bought a Liquid Twin 144 for $50 from a friend. Perfecto. The perfect freestlye size and it's way better than my old one. It was hardly used. But it too had horrible bindings, but I put my Burtons on and it was all good. But if anyone wants any shitty bindings, I've got 2 pairs that I'll give to you free. Does anyone else on here fucking snowboard? It seems not many writers on here do.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I board all the time, have been for about 12 years. I'm cool on the shitty bindings but thanks all the same. How in the hell did you go from a 160 down to 144? Didn't that throw you off? I just picked up a New Peter Line Forum 157, its pretty sick and I switched back from clickers to reg bindings...... much better.

See when I got that Morrow 160 I was like "Hell yeah I'll take it for $72" not thinking about what I wanted to do. It was my first board and at the time was some what tall. It was good for fucking flying down trail. But didn't work proper at all in the park. And now I my friend was like "I'll sell you this 144 for $50" and I was sold. It's a little below my chin but that's fine enough for freestyle. I'm 5'7". On another note, when we had our fist snow of the season I went out to this dealership and propped up this picknic table against a loading dock w/a slant. I hadn't even hit it yet and this cop rolls up and is like "What are you getting into back here? Does anyone know you're here?" and I'm all "Uhh...it's closed" and he complys and was like "Well just don't hurt your self man" and watched me pull off a few and applauded. It was kinda funny cause I was all about to be fuck the police and he was cool and rather interested in what I was doing. I also remember getting yelled at this resort cause when we were leaving I hit this set of handrails down some stairs and the workers got pissed. I was like "You mean I can't ride my snowboard at your resort? This is a winter activity facility correct? Well you're not getting my business again" And I haven't been to that one since.

We had mad fun this past weekend hit'n the park. Stick'n switch blind sides off kink rails. I all most decapitated myself try'n to go inverted, something I'm not that good at but it was fun all the same. Besides writing, its one thing love and the best thing is I can't get a rap sheet doing it!

Got Snow?:king:

Archived