HOUSTON TEXAS FLICKS...

shitstick

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.khou.com/topstories/khou030606_...i.91bdef6d.html

These taggers are upset with the police officers"

06/06/2003

By Carolyn Campbell / 11 News

Click to watch video

HOUSTON -- Graffiti covers the sign above Allen Parkway near I-45. Taggers call spots like that "the heavens" because they are visible and difficult to reach."

"It is the rush," explained Adrian Garcia with the mayor's anti-gang task force. "It is their equivalent of a drive-by shooting."

Houston police have seen a recent upsurge in this particular kind of graffiti. "We've heard out on the streets that these taggers with "rebs" are rebelling against the police officers," said HPD officer Armando Tello.

Officer Armando Tello believes he knows why. He didn't want his face shown because he works undercover looking for taggers. "These taggers are upset with the police officers because they're out there making arrests," Tello said.

Working together, Officer Tello and Adrian Garcia have been able to arrest 16 taggers during the past two years. They aren't surprised to see a backlash but today's taggers are more competitive, more organized -- underground artists who often use the computer to communicate.

"They're fighting back and we're fighting back," said Garcia. "And I venture to say with our resources we're gonna succeed."

They aren't winning the battle quick enough for Pat Silhan. She and other members of this Czech Cultural Center are fed up with the repeated tagging on their building.

"Then they come around here and they go all down my wall the entire length of wall," Silhan said. "Everywhere you see gray is tagging."

So they're open to working with the city to try working with a group of neighborhood kids, some possibly former taggers, to paint a mural on this same wall that is now such a popular target for taggers.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/M_IMAGE.f50d2f5beb.93.88.fa.7c.91d5a663.jpg'> KHOU-TV

Taggers call highly visible spots like this "the heavens."

YEA I went and did some "drive-by's" last night because it makes me feel so special and like am alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

cant stop anyone cuz u dont know shit pigs but we know ur names.HA HA HA HA HA :P :P Suckerz!!!!!!!!!!! Millions of Bastard Children out to get U:idea: :dazed: :idea:

Archived