aphex twin

Guest fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fr8lover

he actually recorded some trax from his tank

you know in "4" on the rdj album when you hear a sample of "richard? yeah?"

thats his dad calling into the tank and him responding..

boom drunkness monster,.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by DIBS:

brownie,we should definitly do a trade of tapes,email me and give me a lil list of stuff you want,we definitly have similar tastes in music and our collections seem to reflect that,ive got alot of old warp stuff,artificial intelligence 2 comp,mouse on mars older stuff etc etc.or i can just make tapes of random stuff.let me know,i love to make tapes so this will be fun.in the list make sure you tell me what aphex stuff you have,or used to have(i remember you telling me you lost some of your collection)and ill copy you a bunch of aphex stuff too.

i'm making em right now baby, i feel terrible... http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

• 4 weeks later...

"i want your soul

I will eat your soul

i will eat your soul

i want your soul

i will eat your soul

i want your soul

i will eat your soul

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

come to daddy

i want your soul

i will eat your soul

i want your soul

i will eat your soul

i will eat your soul

i will eat your soul

Guest imported_El Mamerro

FUCK yeah, "Bucephalus Bouncing Ball" is such a good song... I've been breakin' to that song for like 2 years now, and it always makes me come up with some truly bizarre moves.

It's strange no one has mentioned "Expert Knob Twiddlers", the Aphex Twin/Mu-ziq collab joint (appearing as "Mike & Rich"). Not quite hardcore, but it's got some fuckin brilliant songs regardless. And Squarepusher, does anyone here dig his stuff? "Big Loada" is the shit. Plaid? Cylob?

But as I've said before, I'm not feeling anyone more than PANACEA. He's mostly a hyper-dark drum n' bass producer, but he's got some abstract noise pieces that are just fuckin' unbelievable. He's got a full album of just that, part of the "Archittetura" series on Caipirinha records, 4 cd's that connect modern architecture with abstract electronic compositions. He's also got this album called "Hanayo in Panacea", featuring some crazy japanese woman screaming all over it. On of the songs in it, "Monster Zungen", always fuckin creeps me out whenever I hear it. I swear, it's the most evil, destructive song I've ever heard in my life.

Props to those who like abstract electronica. I'll have to check out some of those names mentioned. Beer,

El Mamerro

OH SHIT SQUARE PUSHER. THE aphextwin square pusher song is fucking nice.........

did anybody happen to catch the new square pusher video on tv? they're a japanese group. really fucking awesome video, but it was like 4 in the morning AMP/Mtv2 type deal. i won't think you'll see in the day time.

eh....panacea aren't that good....in my opinion.....

alot of people busted out around 95 and came with their

own little take on extreme break editing and stuff....but now

its all kind of old hat...when that shit came out i was all up on it....

but i've listened to it to death.....i think the last two things i bought

that were of similarity were some bogdan raczynski and the cex

album........and autechre..................i mean, where can breaks go now?

besides autechre....i don't see anybody doing anything consistently

forward with it all.................................maybe when mr. james comes

out of retirement he'll astound us......but.......i doubt its going to be

'tunes' as he calls it................did anyone catch the track on 'or some

computer music' ???? not really what you'd expect from him....

in recent related news, i saw a commercial about being yourself and not using drugs last week....

the backround music?.....4 off rdj.....

when my tape decks are fixed or replaced, which could be a long while, i'll get in touch dibs....and we can get with some sound swaps.....

• 3 years later...

Analogue Bubblebath Vol 5 has been brought off the bench. I've been listening to this guy for about 8 years now and not one of these albums is played out.

·Drukqs was probably my least favorite but even that had it's stand out cuts.

·The Richard D James album will always be one of my top 5 to eat mushrooms to,

·Ambient Works vol 2 will always be perfect to pass out to.

·Alberto Basalm is the definitive 'this song could play for days' track. Same with Flim.

·Funny Little Man is some shit for when you're hype off 4 cans of redbull, mad at the world and looking for a quick mood change.

·The 'music box' track on Windowlicker makes the bitches cream.

·Donkey Rhubarb is just hilarious.

Fuck it, I could go on for days. I want everyone to put Aphex in the deck right this minute.

Originally posted by casekonly

i'll tell you guys a secret. aphex twin isn't always richard d. james.

just like squarepusher......

research.

also, the anagrams thing is fucking hilarious.

Yeah, they've got ghost producers... just like Trent Reznor and Dre.

Do you know who any of them are?

26sided...yeah, i do know who some are...but here's the thing...ever noticed how some aphex twin albums sound like squarepusher and some squarepusher albums sound like aphex twin. it's not because they are influenced by each other....hint hint.

there are a few guys in that circle that do things like that....they will do each others albums.

Joker: pick up a "safety scissors" album. do it!

if you don't want to, i will send you a cd with a bunch of their stuff on it.

Originally posted by casekonly

26sided...yeah, i do know who some are...but here's the thing...ever noticed how some aphex twin albums sound like squarepusher and some squarepusher albums sound like aphex twin. it's not because they are influenced by each other....hint hint.

there are a few guys in that circle that do things like that....they will do each others albums.

Which ones? I can believe that they might do some songs on each other's albums without credit but I have a hard time believing that a whole Aphex Twin CD is exclusivly created by Squarepusher, or vice versa.

Originally posted by fermentor666

Which ones? I can believe that they might do some songs on each other's albums without credit but I have a hard time believing that a whole Aphex Twin CD is exclusivly created by Squarepusher, or vice versa.

if you listen hard enough.......it's just like that "come to daddy" song being written about a fan letter rdj got.

alot of it is a joke.

after staying up for 7 days straight "beetles in my carpet....."

Richard D. James has also released a large amount of material under various aliases:

AFX:

* Analogue Bubblebath (1991)

* Analogue Bubblebath 2 (1991)

* Analogue Bubblebath 3 (1993)

* Analogue Bubblebath 3.1 (1997)

* Analogue Bubblebath 4 (1994)

* Analogue Bubblebath 5 (1995 unreleased)

* Hangable Auto Bulb (1995)

* Hangable Auto Bulb 2 (1995)

* 2 Remixes By AFX (2001)

Brad Strider:

* Bradley's Beat (1995)

* Bradley's Robot (1996)

Caustic Window:

* Compilation (1998)

* Joyrex J4 (1992)

* Joyrex J5 (1992)

* Joyrex J9 (1993)

GAK:

* GAK (1994)

Polygon Window:

* Surfing On Sine Waves (1993, re-released 2001)

* Quoth (1993)

Power Pill:

* Pac-Man (1992)

Q-Chastic:

* Q-Chastic EP (1992 unreleased)

In the Universal Indicator series:

* Universal Indicator: Red (1991)

* Universal Indicator: Green (1995)

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

So uh.. which squarepusher album(s) do you think he did? Hurry up, I want to download this shit fast.

"one note rotted" seems to be suspicious.

also a few selct tracks from "big loada"

there a are few more, i can't type much right now.

Originally posted by casekonly@Oct 4 2004, 05:55 PM

I dont think that Aphex and Squarepusher do eachothers shit. The reason they sound similar is because they were both brought up as jazz musicians and aphex twin kinda taught squarepusher, cause he was the one who discovered him.

Archived