How big was SABER's L.A. River Piece?

"SugeKnight"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Word to that. I don't think I've ever seen a JA piece in my life. He's been doing the same simple throw-up and tags for the past 15+ years. Anyone can be known for hitting their name up over and over if their name is only 2 letters long, and they only do simple-ass 2-color throw-ups! SABER on the other hand is a true contributor to the graff culture, and when it's all said and done everyone will remember SABER but nobody will remember JA. JA was a no-name outside of New York, so he dissed a great piece of an established writer with ugly tags and throws for cheap fame, the same way Canibus was a no-name until he dissed an established LL Cool J. And New York cats are jealous right now of L.A. because L.A. is being innovative, flipping new styles, and bombing with with bombs that look like pieces. New York has been rocking the same two-color bubbles since Style Wars.

Anyway, it's all about respect. You JA defenders/dicksuckers are saying how it's ok for JA to do bitch-ass tags and throws over SABER's piece because that's what's graff's about. Whatever happened to respecting SABER for doing a historic piece? That's not burning a piece. That's being a jealous fag out to ruin some dope graff. The rules for burning a piece are simple: a throw up goes over a tag, a piece goes over a throw-up, and a burner (a better piece) goes over a piece. If you people support JA, then you're basically saying that when I see your piece (if you even actually piece) then I can just take a spray can and just cross it out putting weak tags all in one color in 2 minutes when you did your piece for 45 minutes to an hour.

Thats Graffiti! the good, the bad and da ugly!

seriously though... for a city with that many problems, whats the point of doing this. thats thousands of dollars spent on paint that could have for sure been used for something that could have actually helped someone in need. i also find it interesting that they left all the other bullshit to the left and the right unbuffed. what the fuck were they thinking? they got rid of the nicest thing the LA river has ever had to offer. my 2cents

such a retarded world..this is in museums and shit and mad shit written about it..or is this just MTA doing their bigger but more simple roller over it??? Loot. (and i wonder how long it took for them to whitewall it..they gotta know that this was dumb and pointless to do..gonna get an outline around the white in no time...)

This piece was buffed with money the city of LA procured from federal funds...$800,000 from Obama's stimulus package to be exact. Yea this is the type of shit that will spark the economy...What a joke.

$837,000 to be exact.

money that shoulda gone to education for the l.a. unified school district.

for more info on this, check out the thread i started in channel zero.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived