THE HAWAII THREAD(paper version)

ANEL*PS

sly_buggah....is it that obvious that i'm old? hahaha. i understand why you get that vibe, but i just draw whatever comes off the dome. i'm influenced by the graffiti i saw living in the northeast from 1990-1997. i used to live right in the middle between nyc and boston, and i was checking out graf in both of those cities as well as the writers in my city. so it may look old school to you, but it's more because of the environment i came up in. most of what i painted was on amtrak line spots, the streets, or trains. so i always tried to do letters that someone could read passing by on a train, or could be read while the train is going by you. my goal was to put as much style as i could into my letters but still have them readable without too much effort. i wouldn't call that old school cause that's how a lot of people still rock it. in my opinion, ny subway graf from the 80's is still the greatest of all time and the rest of us are still trying to catch up. so it's not a matter of old or new school it's all about "true school."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by goodtimes105+Mar 14 2006, 12:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goodtimes105 - Mar 14 2006, 12:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by sly_buggah@Mar 14 2006, 05:04 AM

Originally posted by SkYT@Mar 13 2006, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by SkYT@Mar 13 2006, 06:48 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-nERdoNeR@Mar 11 2006, 09:09 AM

NeRDoNeR.jpg

damn cant see  :hatred:  my bad, scanner sucks ass  :chicken:

this some nice shit nerd.3D...

kool034.jpg

i think this is ugly :shook: .i did it in church yesterday..feedback?

too much arrows..cant really read it :yuck:

^^ whats with all the hate? ive seen far worse on theis thread.

and whats wrong with not being able to read it.. im happy when people cant read it..

but if you the artist dont feel it then yeah fuckin change it up.

do it for self fuck what anyone else thinks.

oh yeah add 50 more arrows it wont hurt

wild style is meant to be unreadable.

:yuck:

shoots.

[/b]

thanx

Originally posted by JFKFC@Mar 14 2006, 01:05 PM

sly_buggah....is it that obvious that i'm old? hahaha. i understand why you get that vibe, but i just draw whatever comes off the dome. i'm influenced by the graffiti i saw living in the northeast from 1990-1997. i used to live right in the middle between nyc and boston, and i was checking out graf in both of those cities as well as the writers in my city. so it may look old school to you, but it's more because of the environment i came up in. most of what i painted was on amtrak line spots, the streets, or trains. so i always tried to do letters that someone could read passing by on a train, or could be read while the train is going by you. my goal was to put as much style as i could into my letters but still have them readable without too much effort. i wouldn't call that old school cause that's how a lot of people still rock it. in my opinion, ny subway graf from the 80's is still the greatest of all time and the rest of us are still trying to catch up. so it's not a matter of old or new school it's all about "true school."

not tryin to diss but i was jus sayin..no beef

Archived