Yep, they cloned a human.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the actual cloning part isnt even THAT bad...

The fact that it was done by a religious movement who believes that we were created by aliens is what disturbs me... how in the world did these wackos become so technologically advanced?

Thats seriously some freaky ass shit.. a cult playing god CANT BE A GOOD THING.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BitchAssSlut

how in the world did these wackos become so technologically advanced?

Cloning isn't actually a super advanced technique. Anyone with a spare closet for space, about $80,000 worth of equipment, and expert knowledge at hand can clone a human being right in their own homes.

This is the first ANNOUNCED cloning, but I'm definitely sure it's not the first first. Beer,

El Mamerro

El Mammero is right. Human cloning is a relatively simple procedure. I remember reading the recipe somewheres. How improbable is it that some rich wacko isn't trying to clone an army of Britney Spears right now? Hmmm.... I guess they had to present some weird cult to publicize it to inflame the sundry extremism of the nation. Rather than your son or daughters curious secret science project.

Strange world.

Guest angry xbox

that babay wont live to see its 18th birthday nor will the parents live to see her 10th. Someone as wacky as them(maybe me) will murder them brutally.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Go to yahoo.com and look at the news stories.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

edit: http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/12/27/human...ning/index.html

edit #2: I was speculating with toyeattoywar just now, and we concluded that clones have identical fingerprints.

of course they have identical fingerprints, they have identical DNA, so that means identical everything...

the only difference between them is that the clone will age much faster than the cloned human...

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton

of course they have identical fingerprints, they have identical DNA, so that means identical everything...

the only difference between them is that the clone will age much faster than the cloned human...

no..

clones does not automatically equal carbon copy.

2 parents may have their DNA cloned and spliced such that the new human has DNA that is CLONED form the parents, but that does not make it an EXACT copy of the parents..

clone does not equal twin.

and who the fuck knows where you got that faster aging thing.

that has no0t been proven

the first cloned sheep died of many complications, including the fact that its cells seemed to be aware of the age they already were when cloned, and the animal got to old age before it normally would've, although NOT NECCESARILY AT A FASTER RATE

well, we're getting into molecular biology topics that are probably over most heads in thsi place, so i'll stop now.

^All very true... there's tons of differences that remain between cloned organisms. If they were all identical, two cloned cows would have the exact same shape of black patches of hair, with hairs coming out of identical follicles on identical positions in their skin. And this definitely doesn't happen. Lots of unique chemical variations ocurr in the development of each organism which results in very similar but still different beings.

So is the aging thing... a lot of cloned organisms seem to have complications reaching maturity, and the cause has not yet been found. But like !@#$% said, it seems to have to do with the fact that cells "know" their age before being cloned. Beer,

El Mamerro

yea i think its pretty cool that they cloned some1 and all... but i think they should just let the fucking shit be. let god do his magic. that or clones should be used for some body parts, or transplants to people that are in need...otherwise there is no fucking point.. too many people in the world anyways..

Welcome to the human lottery! If you can make two humans align on the same axioms at the very same instance of time and space you win! I have yet to discover the relevance of this but it is a cure for boredumb.

To hell with cloning, I'm not trying to outdo nature. Bold brash luciferian me.... hell no.

I dont think its that big of a deal , it will be controversial for awhile ....blah blah blah ......then laws will be passed banning it from everywhere except some tiny insignificant place that couldnt afford to keep it up ........and life will go on and on until the next 'big' thing .

Cloning for the sake of cloning is pretty stupid, there's absolutely nothing to get from it, but there's a lot of stuff that can be learned in the process which might help us. I don't think it'll ever be a novelty.

Keep your eye out on China, pretty much no cloning laws at all, tons of government funds, and the kicker: they're actually reaching out and offering lots of bling to Chinese genticists living over here to go back to research the stuff they're not allowed to in the rest of the world. Beer,

El Mamerro/the next 10 years are gonna be nuts

cloning is incredibly useful for transplants..

if you lost your eye, you could have one made or grab it off your clone..no antibody rejection/interference

another main function is fertility treatment..people can't make a baby (a new human being produced from chromosomes made up of spliced portions of copies of their parents genome), so the lab makes it (by splicing portions of the parents' genome together and creating a new set of chromosomes)

and of course, all of the inherent knowledge that would arise out of the intricacies of knowing what certain 'noncoding' portions of the genome are for

or of course, the eventual push for the 'advancement of the race' by singling out favorable copies (or MORE favorable copies) of certain genes to select for greater brain power, muscle mass, sensory aptitude, etc..

we could go on..

but i'm sure genetics research will keep moving forward, regardless of bans, laws, ethical debates and considerations, and popular opinion.

Archived