sitting in the back yard at 1:30am...

vinyl junkie

i just moved from a small apartment to a decent sized house... i haven't lived in an actual house in years, much less had a back yard... i just stepped out here to smoke a cigarette, and i hear the familiar sounds of a party in the distance... i could hear the bass of some dance music, and loud, jumbled voices, but now it's a little harder to make out, and it isn't passing through my walls, it's being carried over a bunch of fences... however, just when i decide to hop on my nike and see what's goin on, and meet some people in the nieghborhood, i hear a police siren...

i'm used to hearing sirens go by all the time, but the difference is that in the apartments, police sirens were always moving... i'd get a blast of siren for a couple of seconds as the cars were rushing past my apartment, or as they're pulling up near by, but they would cut the siren as soon as they stopped... the only sirens that ever stuck around would be ambulances... this time i hear the police siren, but but it's not moving...

the voives stopped almost as soon as the siren started, and the music cut shortly afterword... the siren kept running for about 2 or 3 minutes, and would cut every so often as the cops would shout something through the pa... then it stopped, and now it's totally quiet except for the wind...

anyways, that's all... the suburbs are weird...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nothing like living right near a fire station, AND police station. that nightime air cut by the blast of sirens. No matter where I am, I get chills when the ambulances flip over to that staccato siren when they need to go through red lights. I hear it far too often round here...

Try living in back of a police station that has a helicopter pad. Whittier Blvd. attracts a lot of cruising from all over Los Angeles, well at least it used to. Shooting's all the time. So the helicopter get's to start up and leave all the time.

Hey but at least if something were to happen to my house it means the cops get here faster. Right?

Originally posted by ese

nothing like living right near a fire station, AND police station. that nightime air cut by the blast of sirens. No matter where I am, I get chills when the ambulances flip over to that staccato siren when they need to go through red lights. I hear it far too often round here...

i used to live a few blocks from a fire station, and right across the street from an old folks home... so there would be a truck coming from the firestation, and soon after an ambulance every time one of the old people had a heart attack...

Re: Re: Re: Re: sitting in the back yard at 1:30am...

Originally posted by ARCEL

fuck that... i bet you never tried Liggets

1.99 a pack and taste as good as anything else

never heard of em...

and i smoke turkish royals occasionally, but for some reason i've turned into a real pussy with cigarettes... if i smoke anything besides TG's for too long my throat gets all fucked up... i smoked wides for years and then started stepping down and ended up on tg's... i think my body is telling me that if i'm gonna smoke at all it's gonna be as not harsh as possible...

and fuck air... it's just about as dirty as cigarette smoke out here anyway...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sitting in the back yard at 1:30am...

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

and fuck air... it's just about as dirty as cigarette smoke out here anyway...

agreed that it might be as dirty as some skanky ass cigerette but its free....FREE..

cigerettes do nothing for you but perpetuate your own habit...if your so keen to inhale some smoke roll a joint or somthing..at least that will give you some kind of benifit rather than temporary aleviation of your nic-- adiction...

^^^^^^hahahahha

BigJoe preaching again

Re: Re: sitting in the back yard at 1:30am...

Originally posted by ARCEL

yeah... what brand do you smoke ?

not Vinyl....but check the sig kid......and oh yeah,LIGGETS fuckin' suck.....fuckin' White trash squares.....those and USA Golds......straight garbage.hack,haaaack,haaaaaaaaack.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Pistol

Try living in back of a police station that has a helicopter pad. Whittier Blvd. attracts a lot of cruising from all over Los Angeles, well at least it used to. Shooting's all the time. So the helicopter get's to start up and leave all the time.

Hey but at least if something were to happen to my house it means the cops get here faster. Right?

this is why god invented deaf people,........

i remember living down the road from a hospital and my father saying, "There goes the meatwagon." every time an ambulance would go wailing down the block,....

funny,..i also remember him drunk, trying to feel elviras breasts thru a television screen,......

i miss that old motherfucker

Archived