The most depressing thing i've seen all day

Kr430n5_666

this is sad. i want to go and blame it on a capitalist society or go and blame it on bad parenting or parents just not knowing how to raise kids correctly. the universe knows my parents didnt know how to, or maybe its that parents arent giving enough of a shit to not let their kids idols be brittany spears and christina aguliera. my cousin in law loves brittany spears, when my partner and i were explaining why brittany is fucked up and why she shouldnt hold her as high as she does as a rolemodel her mom got REAL upset and started yelling at us to not call spears a whore. i dont know, i guess i cant really say one thing that could be changed to make society better. although this just may be a single example and it may be different for everyone else because her mom was kinda weird anyway. the next day she started randomly chunking glass plates at my face as hard as she could. i was lucky to get out of chicago without stiches on that visit.

anyway, this has been toyeattoywars rant for the day. thanks for talking and not just speaking with random images makros, its times like these that really make 12oz worth it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's so sickening and gross...it's disturbing ahaha, how you could cherish something so meaningless is funny...it's when your watching a disney movie and something happens and you get that stupid ass feeling that you know this could never happen in real life...yea I get that feeling in here...oh well you can get oral easier and that makes up for it all..

i cant wait until the day comes (roughly 50 years...i assume) when robots fucking kill us all and take over the Earth using their nanotechnology to reproduce and build incredible armies and destroy life.

i want to get killed by a cyborg...or just natural causes...nothing else.

i really hope it is the cyborg though...i'd like to die knowing that the rest of the human race is dead too...we are all shit eaters...its great! lets dance.

-fastpants

well actually....thats not a very fictional thought...

a lot of scientists say that while we update and work more on robotics, we will have to work more on updating ourselves...meaning...installing chips and that shit...and as strange as it seems...i've seen it done...and its fucking scary.

although, what i seen wasnt anything that incredible...it was a chip installed in a man's arm that can be traced by a computer to show where he is in a specific building and could open doors if he was near one as long as the door was connected to the computer...its nothing much but its a step..

they were saying the next step was to make a chip in the upper arm that is connected to the nervous system that can tell a computer how you are feeling...happy sad hurt...whatever...thats not that much..but it is a step...

next thing...they will be able to control movelment of a person's nervous system...just think...they learn to operate with the nervous system...its only a matter of time before they focuse on manipulated movements...then what...humans become slaves to the computer...and oyu know...death...all that nice shit happens...good time...nice life...technology...getting things done right...

fucks rant 999353

yeah i believe thats ibm's work. i seen this robot and it is really goofy...it has "feelings" but it is all programmed shit. it does behave very much like a 3 year old...if you say "i'm gonna kill you" in a really happy voice...it gets happy...because it notices the tone as being happy and doesnt know the words. i knows some words...like hi and ashit like that...but yeah...itsl ike a little kid...it doesnt know much...i hope it kills us anyway.

"Our group tends to wear a lot more makeup than other people. I don't want to look trashy. I try to look natural."

i was under the impression that the reason one wears makeup was to NOT look like you just rolled out of bed or something. because thats about as "natural" as you can get. no one wants natural. stupid bitches.

Yes, I am fully aware of the shallow culture that most girls live on a day to day basis. Shit dosent change when they grow up either. I just manifests it self in different ways. I like to think girls arent as obsessed with this shit as that article sugests.

Britney's a role model. She's fashionable, and she has movements that I like. Madonna, Britney, Christina Aguilera, Destiny's Child: They're role models 'cause they like action and movement so much.

Teenagers) dress up cool so boys like them. I saw it in a movie. They get dressed so fashionable, like a doll and stuff. They usually do this cool makeup, like lipstick. And a really blushy face. It's cool.

If I don't dress well, I feel geeky. And if I feel nice, I feel like people like me. Fashionable clothing is way better and cool. My mom is fashionable. She blows her hair straight. My mom's pregnant, so I'm going to get a new sister to boss around and dress up with nice, funny outfits and cute, sweet outfits and stuff. When my mom lets me.

-Lily, 6 years old

said Lily who was six years old.

Is the book primarily a bunch of bunk, or is a six year kid being qouted as saying "If I dont dress well, I feel geeky" on top of which "Britney Spears is a role model."

If that's what a six year old thinks then we have some seriously delusional youth being bread in this country.

And for the record Dee, I get what you're saying and to comment it was the author was clearly unresourceful however on the general idea of 'whitegirl culture' dont let that imply -all white girls- worry about that dilluted plastic shit.

It won't be long before this stuff is in our everyday lives. Imagine, like Makros said, when they have computers that control the nervous system and force movement. What would happen if that system "got" a virus? I dunno. Interesting topic, but I'm sure there will be the next version of the _______ virus scanner out by that time. Cryptography will have to be stronger than it already is.

It'd be cool if there was a "chip" that could control 12ozers. I'm sure one of the moderators has some sort of primitive form of this technology already, ie. ban/delete button. To be honest, I'm not really all that scared.

Mr. Mang has created the "HagBot" and it uses it's forces only for good and awesome.

blame it on the parents

Whenever kids aren't brought up the "right way" people automatically try to blame everything on society and not the parents.... bullshit. I can GUARANTEE you one thing the parents are doing wrong with these girls... TOO MUCH FUCKING TELEVISION. These girls need to go OUTSIDE into the real world and interact with REAL kids. If a mother doesn't have control over what 6 YEAR OLD is wearing... then she's doing something SERIOUSLY WRONG!

Culture Warped By Consumerism

It's called "commodification." That means "Turning every damn thing into something that can be consumed--a commodity." Such as something as horrible as "taxi dancing", or PTL-style religion (Jim and Tammie Faye Baaker.)

When girls feel like they are a commodity on the market, they begin to realize that youthful beauty has a short shelf life. One will only actually be 17 for a single year--they start trying to extend it. They start younger and try to delay aging. It's horrible, but true. I read a story once about young women who were 24 who considered themselves "old, and no longer in their prime." How monstrous is that?

If you buy into this sort of thing you are condemning yourself to a depressing life and feelings of loss, inadequacy and grief, whether you are male OR female.

The flip side of this is the desire to wear all black clothes, or ragged scraps of clothing, bizarre make-up and deliberately shocking, ugly appearances, piercing oneself in numerous places and tattooing oneself everywhere.

Just be yourself and be happy. Love your family, seek decent, normal friendships with people who genuinely care about you and want the best for you. Work hard in school, be productive. Express yourself with art and music--write poetry, sketch or paint, learn to play a musical instrument well. These thiings take time, and committment and patience, but they are very much worth it.

Treat people with unconditional positive regard and respect. Live with dignity. Be honest, and have a little faith. There's little value in being angry and anti-social. Care about yourself, and your friends and family. Above all, know that you have personal self worth that transcends things like appearance and popularity and posturing. Overvalueing those things is shallow and pointless. Just live a decent life. More than anything, you will be glad you lived a life of personal integrity. You'll regret it, if you choose not to do so.

Archived