Skateboards.....

Ok, my friend's and I started a small skate company we bought a silk screen and made some shirts. We are trying to make decks, we figured we could just silk screen them, didn't work to well, just looked a little ugly, then I tryed hand painting and putting a plastic coatign on the bottom, looked really nice and lasted rather well, but it takes me like 2 days to make one board. Is there any way to put graphics on blank decks?

------------------

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1st...

...How detailed are your designs?

You might be able to do a little printmaking deal on your decks. like a mold cut-put ink on it (kinda like a stamp) and put it on your deck...you just have to do that design once, but put it on several decks, than put a covering, however you did it before

i'm really not sure how it will turn out, but try it...i've done printmaking type things and you can make some pretty dope stuff

i work at a skate shop/park and we made a deck outa a blank for the shop and all we did was made a stencil did that and then took some kylon gloss finish and it looks good theres nothing you can do to make a graphic last longer graphic boards just cost more and theyre for the little kids, skaters the kind that go through decks every month buy blanks they used to make these little lamination strips ive heard that make you slide faster if you made a laminated strip and put it on the graphic that might work for lasting longer

I wanted to do this a while ago... ok, cut out the shapes that you want to be black onto one plastic/thin cardboard stencil the size of a deck with an exacto knife, red on another, yellow, white blah blah blah.... now just stencil each color on one at a time and wait for them to dry, go get your other color and stencil that on, repeat as necessary, then maybe spray a layer of clear coat on once your done with everything... i think you should have some basic knowledge of print/stencil making though.

Archived