My sister called me....

Kettiecat

I was adopted when I was like 6 and I knew my mom had moved to another state remarried and started a new family. I never really thought too much about it. Well I get a call from my adoptive mom saying that my half sister called, left her number and wants me to call her.

Now I don't know what to do. It would be really cruel for me to ignor this girl but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms. I don't know how this will turn out, its scary. Besides the fact how do you start that conversation. "hi I'm your half sister..."

So I guess I was just wondering what you all would do. What you would say.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

personally, id want to meet her. maybe try and find out something about her before you do. i dont know. but it doesnt necessarily mean you have to have a relationship with her. if for some reason you thought shti was sketch after you met her then you could dog her. up to you though....

Half-Sister Probably Has Been Looking For You For Years

Christmas is coming up---people get pretty sentimental about it, wondering where the missing relative is, what happened to her, etc. A phone call couldn't hurt. In my family, one of my ex-sister-in-law's gave up a daughter for adoption because she was so poor she couldn't feed the kid. She mourned that decison for like twenty years. When she finally found the baby (through an online detective service) the kid was graduated from college and working as a banker in Boston.

At least let them know you're okay and that you've had a good life.

People always worry about missing relatives, especially children-who-were-adopted.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

wait... has you birth mom ever contacted you?

Isn't it odd that a sister would be the first to try and connect?

You'll regret not calling much more then you'd regret calling.

birth mom and adoptive mom have talked a couple of times throughout the years. I've always had the means to contact her if I chose but never felt the need to. my story is a little different than "mom couldn't take care of me" it was more like "these parents are fuck ups and the state is taking the children"

but anyways i made the desion to call her tonight. I think if the tables were turned its what I would want.

call her. you never know, you could become real close. you dont have to follow through with meeting her or anything. will a phone call hurt that much?

Guest willy.wonka

call her...she probably wants to be your sister after finding out she's not the only one..thats family for all your concern..

i havea sister that probably doesnt even know that i exist or thinks im dead cause of a horrible step mother.i miss her and my little brother.

please call her.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

i never met my biological dad (my folks divorced when i was 3) and i dont intend to, but the one thing i do wonder is if i have other brothers and sisters. i know id call back.

Re: Half-Sister Probably Has Been Looking For You For Years

Originally posted by KaBar

Christmas is coming up---people get pretty sentimental about it, wondering where the missing relative is, what happened to her, etc. A phone call couldn't hurt. In my family, one of my ex-sister-in-law's gave up a daughter for adoption because she was so poor she couldn't feed the kid. She mourned that decison for like twenty years. When she finally found the baby (through an online detective service) the kid was graduated from college and working as a banker in Boston.

At least let them know you're okay and that you've had a good life.

People always worry about missing relatives, especially children-who-were-adopted.

good point

Put that call in girl. I have two half siblings that I don't talk to because they fucked me over. It sucks not being close to them. You have the opportunity to have a sister. Take advantage of it. Good luck, open mind.

Originally posted by Kettiecat

I was adopted when I was like 6 and I knew my mom had moved to another state remarried and started a new family. I never really thought too much about it. Well I get a call from my adoptive mom saying that my half sister called, left her number and wants me to call her.

Now I don't know what to do. It would be really cruel for me to ignor this girl but I don't know if I want to open that can of worms. I don't know how this will turn out, its scary. Besides the fact how do you start that conversation. "hi I'm your half sister..."

So I guess I was just wondering what you all would do. What you would say.

I have the same thing happen...only its a step sister and she is very young like 4 or 5 now...and I really struggle with what to do....weird situations...is it best left closed? Just dont think about it?

So I called the sister up. Found out she is like 13 and has moved back to michigan. but man she sounds like some striaght up white trash. Like already talking about moving in with her boyfriend and dropping out of school shit like that. All of her friends are in trouble with the law. She was expelled last year for giving some girl caffine pills, the girl had a reaction to them or something. So now its like I feel like the one "that got away" grew up a rich kid with everything in the world handed to them. And this girl is asking me questions about my life and I just felt weird saying all of it cause she just would be like "oh". And I got that protective mothering feeling like I wanted to yell at her for all the stupid shit she was telling me. But who am I to say anything. I was definately weird.

Only thing that really got under my skin was she kept asking me if I had gotten a hold of my bother, he's a full brother, and when I said no she was all about why I hadn't blah blah. and its a really touchy subject for me esp. with someone I don't know and haven't met.

All in all I'm glad I called.

Archived