thanks cracked ass... seriously...

shitstick

this took place when i first started painting trains a long ass time ago...

me and a pal were painting at a huge up yard, and they had their shit guarded at an electrical fence and a little cabin deal that must have operated the gate. starting at one track and it eventually spread out to like 8 or 9 tracks or some shit. imonna attempt to make an ASCII diagram or some shit...

freeway^^wooded hill^^barbedwirefence^^wooded hill^^tracks

well... there was nobody in the little booth so we walked the dirt road at some parts and the woods on others until we got to where the tracks where at its peak in amounts. most of them were those chemical type trains or whatever... but we were checkin out people's work and whatnot and found a decent place to start piecing. well, we started and we were like 3 tracks away from the dirt road that the workers drove on, but we could see them if they came and they could see us vaguely once they passed the trains... well, i had an outline going and started working on the fill in, and we saw headlights coming. it was a white up van and we started running under the trains frantically trying to get away. 3 dudes came out with flashlights and started running the lines. at this point, i was about to shit cinder-blocks. well... after hiding for a while... and ducking under trains, they left, and came back with another truck along with the van. more guys came and started running the lines looking up and down w/ flashlights. by this time we were up in the woods where they couldnt see us, but the even flashed lights in the woods to see if they saw anything and we heard them talking. after 30 minutes of keeping put, the trains starting "bumping" like you had explained and they bumped right where we were running under...

after reading your post about the train safety, etc... i didnt fully realize what kinda shit i could have gotten myself into until then. thanks man... its surprising how many frieght writers didn't know about that kinda stuff...

one more thing, how the fuck did they have any hunched as to if we were there? heh, fuck yards, i've been playing with chilled layups ever since...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Was this before or after 9/11?

That sounds like a spot I wouldn't have touched either way. Mostly tankers probably means mostly hazmat, a sensitive topic these days. And I don't see the need to fuck with barbed wire and guard gates just to hit tankers. It sounds like you already saw the light looking for chiller spots.

TT could be right about cameras. If it was nighttime, they might also have infrared detectors, which display any heat source (such as a human) as a big red blob in the darkness. I know of yards equipped with infrared cameras, usually in high theft areas.

It's also possible you simply overestimated your ninja skills, and just got seen from a distance.

Archived