writers fine art

Removed

Depends on may things if the flash was to be exibited in a museum....like time period...and different mediums of flash....watercolor like full body suits...and early done flash have both been exibited and continue to, as well as Japanese "irezumi" (full hand poked body tattoos) which are skinned from the owner when he passes on... he talked about Ed's work ...Ed considers those "fine art" not tattoo related ...just done by a tattooist...there are a few different kinds of museums like the tattoo art museum in amsterdam which on a regular and permanent basis continue to show tattoo related items involving the art form....I suppose it all comes down to what the person looking @ the art considers to be fine art or not ...i do agree something done with a sharpie and a pens isn't really a fine art...remember it's graffiti and it belongs out in the public to be seen weather people like it or not........to each his own....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SPED

anyone ever incorperate a woman into a piece??

not taking about a charector behind it or letter format as the woman's body. but actually using the woman as the fill. im working on it now actually, doing it in oils. ill post in when im done.

Crete Dtc has done that many times.

not sure if this has been touched upon or whatever but who gets to decide what is fine art and what isn't. who's calling the shots here. dunno about you guys but part of why i got into art is because it has no rules, you can have it whatever you want it to be. not sure if this is even related to the topic being discussed or whatever but yea. my 0.02.

Originally posted by Al Green

i see graff on the street everywhere some name over an over a slogan... so finally i get curious i respect where theyve put their name how theyve acted in order to get me to view it... and i go check out their gallery opening.. and all it is is more of the shit ive seen out on the street.. just executed better ...but out of context..

honestly.. to me its a let down. Im sure people wont agree and be it known i do find aesthetics important and i do like appealing things... i just have an ideal.. i dont necessarily think people need to fulfill it.

-bob

Honestly, I see where you're coming from. But work like what you're reffering to leads to inspiration for those who view it. In a way it could be seen as what could be. You know what I mean? I don't know exactly how to explain where I'm coming from. A while back, when I actually use to bomb regularly, I would just hit up anywhere I could. Any empty space available. It wasn't until I saw how Grey and Geso were bombing that I even realised aesthetics played a huge role in the viewers eye. I don't think seeing throw-ups on canvas is a let down unless that's all it is. Even then, it's the 'product' you're buying into. Take Banksy for example. He sells white canvases with just a black stenciled image on it. And people eat it up. It's no different than say KR doing a blockbuster KR on a canvas. Or Felon doing a hollow on a canvas. Am I making sense or am I all over the place?

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Al Green

to fuel the fire of discourse......

what i dont understand is why people do the same shit they do on the "street" in a gallery show.

not to belittle someones craftsmanship..

or achievement of aesthetic.

but personally,

an important part of what makes graffiti interesting relevant is that i has such a great dialogue with its context.

graf is part writing, placement, execution, dance/performance.. among and not excluding other things ...art

(Excluding legal wall people thats an issue im not touching)but i just dont see the purpose of doing the same piece on a canvas or a tag on an object... its pure aesthetic..

im not talking from some high art bs perspective but i can if youre interested in going there.... i just think its a waste of a possibility to use art to speak in more dynamic ways.

maybe it makes sense in a more advertisement way.. where seeing a brand name on the street, on tv on the radio etc etc.. the phenomenology of it...building some identity.. is backing up a product or an object.... you can buy purchase understand.. benefit.. whatever..

i see graff on the street everywhere some name over an over a slogan... so finally i get curious i respect where theyve put their name how theyve acted in order to get me to view it... and i go check out their gallery opening.. and all it is is more of the shit ive seen out on the street.. just executed better ...but out of context..

honestly.. to me its a let down. Im sure people wont agree and be it known i do find aesthetics important and i do like appealing things... i just have an ideal.. i dont necessarily think people need to fulfill it.

-bob

good words.

joker.. to respond to you...

not to argue.. but ive never seen banksy stuff in person... the content of his work is quite witty and usually socio-political so.. if he does do a canvas with a stencil with such content it may be more.."valid" especially since the means (stencilling) support the content..

moreso in his gallery shows.. and i do think a gallery show is different then a single canvas or piece of work..

for example.. you know the framed landscape painting with the helicopters flying through it...that is a brilliant example of what im talking about. In high art protocol a painting is done on a canvas and framed and viewed on a neutral white wall. the wall is important.. its purpose is to bring focus and importance to the single framed work... what banksy does.. is breaks the frame invades and "defaces the work.. activating the white wall which was once neutral into space...

white gallery walls since ive ever took interest are sacred.. so in my eyes not only are the helicopters cool because they are flying in and across the painting kind of like that magritte(i think magritte) of the pipe.. and the issues that dealt with.. but more importantly.. invading the sacred neutral space... this may sound like alot of talk.. but i think its a critical difference.. then just doing a canvas.. which is to be sold.. and a gallery show.. which is to be viewed together and working within the context of a (if you care for it to be) neutral gallery space.

Guest KING OF HELL

all this is well and good. on all points, but what it breaks down to is this. if it moves you...do it. if someone tells you its not art, let em talk. say thanks, and continue. it is in the eye of the beholder.

Guest willy.wonka

i love quoting this guy

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

all this is well and good. on all points, but what it breaks down to is this. if it moves you...do it. if someone tells you its not art, let em talk. say thanks, and continue. it is in the eye of the beholder.

the "KING OF HELL" has spoken.

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by Missinterpreted

yes i must admit, king of hell always droppin knowledge on that ass.

no im just clumzy. i was trying to lay some knowledge on that dome, but dropped it on that ass instead... like usual. dont mistake it for on-pointness.

i wouldn't really call it fine art...but i had fun. My first two Oil paintings.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00282359f00000004.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00282359f00000003.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00282359f00000001.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00282359f00000002.jpg'>

Silo, that painting is amazing. Do you sell or trade for any of your paintings?

Archived