Ideal cities and Holiday deppression.

siloette

Ideal cities and Holiday depression.

So where is it..Does it exsist? That city with pretty nice climate..funky old brick buildings..A large body of water near by...It can be a nice river running through or just a lake..or hopefully near the ocean..Im looking for a city with a pretty nice scene for steel yet has a nice variety of style at the same time..Where is rent actually semi affordable yet has that city "feel " to it? Im staring to doubt its out there really..

You ever need to move but cant put your finger on the real reason..and if you do cant figure out where the fuck to go..So many cities seem to have it made besides details..

It funny..I put pressure on the city I live in because of writing issues..when Most of the "average" people in this country move for basic climate or job availability..

Most of the people that know me on this board dont even come here any more..haha..So I dont blame you for thinking this is a weird one..

Three years ago I would have killed for what I have now..And I worked really hard to be where im at..So whats with my obsession for this ideal city?

whats your ideal city..and if you know of any that fit mine..thats cool also..:D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i live in my ideal metropolitan area. which is why i live here. its ideal.

i do got holiday deppression though. i hate that shit. it sucks. no fun. lame. wack. played out. annoying. frustrating. pointless. not my fault cause im manic-wait no it was the bipolar test i aced.

to feel better i walk alone in the streets and smoke blunts while looking at graffiti. and painting graffiti helps to.

fuck prozac.

hi rent and and expensive weed habit.

fuck buying gifts for people.

what you got on my blunt homey.

Where I live is fucking cool as hell when I think about it. Its about 60 degrees out right now, the beach is a 10 minute bike ride (and CLEAN), I have a great local dive, awesome restaurants, it's clean and safe and people are generally nice and down to earth. There's shows every night, but you have to have a car to get around outside of my small town. I live in a suburb, but its really it's own little scene, which is how a lot of southern cali is.

I have no freights and can't think of one person here who can relate to any part of the "graffiti scene" here apart from my best friend who is moving up north for snowboarding season in 3 days..... I'm insanly unhappy. Wow --graffiti runs my life, I won't deny that. Itt sucks. I think I'm gonna find what I want soon, but not on this coast... I guess I better go buy a jacket, eh?

p.s. I love you siloette.

Guest willy.wonka

HAWAII......where Christmas doesnt exist.

if you came out here by the summer time..i could train you into becoming a full-on beach girl, you paint with "the mac", you catch waves with me.life out here is straight relax...there is no time out here..life slows down.a lot of people like it when they come out here..cause the rest of the world is bullshit..we have our bullshit, but the power is still with the people.besides, its so much more different than any other place you will ever go to.

i know arizona is kinda shitty and im glad i moved outa there.thats all i can say...the "bay area" is good(thats my other home)..i didnt like LA..i didnt really like the east coast, but i do love san francisco and hawaii.san diego is ok...but there are good reasons to be out here in hawaii.i can say that this place changes you into a whole other you..i changed bigtime once i came here.its all good though.a lot of people from other places are moving here..from other staes to other countries..this is the melting pot of the world and there is excellent food.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

that city sounds like Boston, except that the climate gets cold, and the rent is high... its got that old city feel with all the buildings though.

just move out of the fuckin states. it sucks! i've found the spot your dreaming about. it's a small town that's only 40 km away from a huge city that you can jump on a bus to get to every half hour for two bucks to take care of your graff needs and if you get busted most of the time you can pay the cops off. but then again when your in paradise who cares about graff. rent is pretty close to free compared to the states and if i wasn't visiting my family for the holidays i'ld be wearing shorts during the day. there's alot of ideal places that i've found and none are in the states.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

San Juan, PR

Old style? You got it. A lot of the buildings are almost 500 years old. Spanish colonial style standing right next to the metropolitan area.

Climate? 80° all year-round.

Next to water? It's practically IN the water. Hundreds of world class beaches less than 20 minutes away.

Steel? That's a hard one. No freights in PR... but San Juan has a gigantic port, and there's thousands and thousands of cargo holds to hit, not to mention boats and barges. Perfect for insanely large rollers like that TIE boat.

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/Photos/puertorico04.jpg'>

http://www.aerofoto.com/images/Home.jpg'>

http://www.gicco.com/puertorico/el%20morro%20court.JPG'>

http://www.intandem.com/NewPrideSite/Asia/Lesson3/containers.JPG'>

http://www.pnl.gov/microcats/images/5018.jpg'>

Guest Pilau Hands

This is a tough nut to crack. I'm tired...not enough sleep. This will all be garbled mess.

nice climate: Well considering where you're from, I'd say you need somewhere green. The northwest is always obvious, but that could be regression depending on how you think about it. You know how I feel about the bay area, but I suppose that's out for other reasons. It's a wonderful place though...it can be green, the people can be nice, don't know much about the scene...East coast has a different feel. It's colder...in more ways than one. I grew up here so I don't analyze it as much. It has it's wonderful moments, and sometimes I hate it. The south? I've always wanted to see Montana in the spring. The brick buildings...you can find in most towns that are holding on to their historical past I guess. Have you looked into canada? VC and whatnot. Still the same area sort of...and you know about it.

tough nut to crack indeed

holler at muh email

http://astrodawg.com/ted/dtp/series1/view/san-francisco-mountains.jpg'>

The San Francisco Mountains...in Arizona?!

The Gods Must Be Crazy! Part TWO!

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Steel? That's a hard one. No freights in PR... but San Juan has a gigantic port, and there's thousands and thousands of cargo holds to hit, not to mention boats and barges. Perfect for insanely large rollers like that TIE boat.

SUBWAY'S COMING SOON!!

Originally posted by BIGMETALCIRCUS

that city sounds like Boston, except that the climate gets cold, and the rent is high... its got that old city feel with all the buildings though.

Love boston. my fav city so far. but it's too damn cold, way too damn cold. it's been hovering in the teens every morning in December. and the rent/real estate is crazy expensive.

i wanna move to brazil or miami. so hot.

Originally posted by fr8oholic

SUBWAY'S COMING SOON!!

Haha, the Tren Urbano... it's A subway. That's it, ONE train, one route, hahahaha. It's pathetic.

Re: Ideal cities and Holiday depression.

Originally posted by siloette

So where is it..Does it exsist? That city with pretty nice climate..funky old brick buildings..A large body of water near by...It can be a nice river running through or just a lake..or hopefully near the ocean..Im looking for a city with a pretty nice scene for steel yet has a nice variety of style at the same time..Where is rent actually semi affordable yet has that city "feel " to it? Im staring to doubt its out there really..

You ever need to move but cant put your finger on the real reason..and if you do cant figure out where the fuck to go..So many cities seem to have it made besides details..

It funny..I put pressure on the city I live in because of writing issues..when Most of the "average" people in this country move for basic climate or job availability..

Most of the people that know me on this board dont even come here any more..haha..So I dont blame you for thinking this is a weird one..

Three years ago I would have killed for what I have now..And I worked really hard to be where im at..So whats with my obsession for this ideal city?

whats your ideal city..and if you know of any that fit mine..thats cool also..:D

Minneapolis, MN

New Bedford, MA

Boston, MA

Boston is cold and expensive ...

Puerto Rico is probably fresh but I'd feel left out not being Boricua...

San Diego? ehhh...

Vancouver sounds nice but it's filled with Canadians...haha joking don't kill me....

The bay is dope but everybody else and their mom wants to live there too so it's expensive...

Hawaii sounds promising...

Europe was dope...

I do love LA...

hmmm...

http://www.nhccnm.org/Resources/aztlanlowrider.JPG'>

^^^ Say the word..and see why im so confused..My mom should have told me the risks of falling in love with a perfectionist..I feel bad for you mr. lonely heart..You have to put up with my bitching and moaning self about being "out of place" thank you for your patience

Its been a year in the southwest and im tearing my hair out..My problem is I completely feel like a fish out of water..Many of those days I tell myself to just "get over it"..But the nagging feeling is crazy..And at first I thought it was being homesick..But I really didnt find seattle up to par either..(no offense anyone)

California is great Mr. Lonely heart but its just like where we live more but with more smog and hotter yards and more expensive rent!

See its funny Im thinking of philly and vancouver as cool places for a siloette to love..And pilau you know my arse would be in the bay area..Just cant afford that..Oakland is getting pretty reasonable..I even considered sacramento..

Its ruining my life. I have a nice life too..A wonderful love life..Ive got an availability of walls and trains..a cool chill job..extra painting time..So why does the actual city get to me..make me search online for a few hours at a time at apartment rates in other places..Is it because its 115 here like 6 months out of the year..or is it the strip malls? or the fact I need a car to get anywhere here and I dont want to own a car..

Is it the lack of family and no friends here?

Or once again is it just holiday blues?

i agree with you about places making you unhappy. i lived in san diego and boulder colorado and had plenty of friends, boyfriends and things to do, but it just wasn't me and i couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and back to the east coast. there is just something about a place that will make u feel comfortable and at home. i moved states every couple years and thought i'd never want to be in one place, but either i got older or i found that place.

i'm in the northeast now and although i have not very many friends and no family here, i still feel comfortable here and don't really want to go anywhere to live.

i dunno i think that people definitely make a place better or worse, but it's not everything either.

you'll find that place that makes you feel good, keep on going while u can and enjoy it!

i like my city..

i know it so well though

it's really cheap here

many people are blue collar

but we also have a couple of the best hospitals and universities in the world

there is a huge artist's community here

lots of good places to eat and drink..that are affordable

many trains

many good wall spots

a decent local scene with some friendlies

and history

we get every season full-fledged...hi of 99 in the summer, low of 15 in the winter

nasty neighborhoods

and beautiful old ones that are safe if your are street smart

on the east coast, with a harbor

and me

Re: Re: Ideal cities and Holiday depression.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

Minneapolis, MN

YEAH minneapolis is cool. It's not what it was even 5 years ago, but it's still alright. Of course if it had nice weather, and some mountains, and fewer mosquitos, and less yuppies, and grrrrr.... Yeah put Minneapolis here in San Diego and that would rule.

I'm I'm thinking about moving to Boston, and will be there to check it out in a few weeks..... It's great to here so much good stuff about it!

Guest mikro137

Re: Re: Re: Ideal cities and Holiday depression.

Originally posted by post.

YEAH minneapolis is cool. It's not what it was even 5 years ago, but it's still alright. Of course if it had nice weather, and some mountains, and fewer mosquitos, and less yuppies, and grrrrr.... Yeah put Minneapolis here in San Diego and that would rule.

I'm I'm thinking about moving to Boston, and will be there to check it out in a few weeks..... It's great to here so much good stuff about it!

hey , where you be at my neezy?

Originally posted by siloette

I love you too post..

^^now heres an ambitious person..

Aaaw~ It's not ambition... I just feel like I'm running out of time....

dENVER is aight'. its a beautiful area, nice weather (always sunny, never too cold for too long). I think its really on the come up as a city. Somewhere I can see myself moving back to when I am ready to settle down. The water part is lacking though, there is a river, but its about a foot deep, and some resevoirs. steel is around, the scene is ok (seems like it needs a new wave of good writers, too many toys and wanna be tag-bangers coming up now), a few different styles here and there. Its affordable, the old part of downtown area is overrun with yuppies though.

although I've never been.. I think that there is hope in europe. Go there, you may find a place to call home. I don't know, it's just a thought that popped into my mind the moment I read your post.

miss silo & mr. lonely... the perfect american couple in europe?... yes. I can see it all now... strolling down cobble stoned roads, silo working in a cute little coffee shop while living in a flat above it. Hmm.. how about portugal? That's another thought that just came to mind.

Personally, I love the city that I'm in. I have no clue how you couldn't... Maybe because I have only been here for some odd years...

If you are contemplating Boston, you may consider its retarded stepbrother, Providence. Just 40 minutes away, much prettier, MUCH cheaper.

my ideal city to live in would be rome or venice

no one knows me as i rome around aimlessly around the streets. the old architecture is spectacular and if you run into the right alley way, you can find the most wonderful art museum. i visited during summer, and i loved the temperature. i love the fact that in venice, there aren't any cars. <<sigh>> i miss it. one of these days, we're going to be able to save up the money to visit you ink lunatic and tt.

http://www.rhodes.edu/studyabroad/images/new/venice.jpg'>

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/italy/venice.jpg'>

Archived