Best club you have been too?

Removed

whats the best club you have been to? and what made it so good...

localy i would say " the zoo" coz they have this thing called "big bang percussion frenzy" every so often...

OS i would say "koncrete Jungle" in NY beacuse thats the only place i have ever heard anyone play the kind of jungle i like..these guys were in it , on it and i was loving it....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest railroadjerk

anything deemed "the club" i avoid with my life. i cant imagine how completely rediculous something must be for someone to say either "were going clubbin" or "were going to THE club." "THE CLUB?" which one? oh thats right they all play the same top40 dance music and serve 10 dollar watered down drinks. yeah lets go to THE CLUB.

Originally posted by railroadjerk

anything deemed "the club" i avoid with my life. i cant imagine how completely rediculous something must be for someone to say either "were going clubbin" or "were going to THE club." "THE CLUB?" which one? oh thats right they all play the same top40 dance music and serve 10 dollar watered down drinks. yeah lets go to THE CLUB.

SING IT BROTHER. amen.

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/research/projects/SFA/amen.jpg'>

The Tunnel in NYC

'cause it's the Tunnel and the setup inside was one of the best I've ever seen.

and

V.I.P. in Tampa Bay / ybor city

Cause the DJ's didn't give a fuck and nobody else did, so when the DJ's put on "I get high" by Styles P and told everyone to "light something the fuck up" cause "there's 3 times as many people then security" everyone did, and security didn't give a shit as long as there was no violence.

NY:

Limelight (back inthe days when we were just babies and would party with Michael Alig and the crazy club kids)

The Roxy

Sound Factory (no longer there, but was a drug haven)

too many in NY to list...

SF:

But the best was "Off the Hook". They played the silliest hip hop new and old school that people would get silly to.

The End Up on Sunday afternoon (tea dance). Best after hours/after partying all night/after coming down from or getting back on drugs club with great music.

Liquid for good music.

Rawhide used to have good music.

The Top.

Eklectic.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The Shelter in NYC is supposedly the mecca of house dancing. I have yet to go make my way there, but I've heard about it from dancers all across the globe.

I don't go clubbing, except Sundays to the Century Lounge, a tiny bar/club that plays good house and is always full of dope dancers... big clubs don't attract me too much. But as for the big ones I've been to, the top one would be Avalon in Boston, or maybe La Boom in Cancun. Shitty music, but great women. Beer,

El Mamerro

Grotta pinta..drunk in a blue cave smuggled a bottle of whiskey in.

Insane riders bar opens at 2 am, has wierd comics, and well. i dont know.

Qube- Old fascist movie theatre converted into a 3 story club. wierdos

*Blue Cheese*..i dont know how to explain this place. pieces on thewalls, you can smoke, sit, lay down, and write on basically anything. the djs podium is help up by a bulldozer. they have booze, guarana, apple pie and bags. visual effects on a screen that match the music..canvases on the walls.

I wouldn't know.. i dont go Cluuubin.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

But as for the big ones I've been to, the top one would be Avalon in Boston, or ......

El Mamerro

i used to go to avalon every friday for a while, they brought in some sick Dj's and we were on the list but recently they have fallen off so i stopped going. plus i wear too much clothing for that club.

i used to like embassy for international house. sophias the latin club always good to meet people, nothing like salsa dancing to get to know someone.

My favorite? Fever in baltimore by far, back in 95/96

went to one in DC recently i liked for the house music but that was about it, and i forgot the name.

now? hmm. My couch for sure. only friends and family allowed in to this party, drinks are cheap, the music is great and i can do anything i want. there is even a penthouse that can be used for private parties. :)

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by ubejinxed

i used to go to avalon every friday for a while, they brought in some sick Dj's and we were on the list but recently they have fallen off so i stopped going. plus i wear too much clothing for that club.

i used to like embassy for international house. sophias the latin club always good to meet people, nothing like salsa dancing to get to know someone.

I went to Embassy once, (first day I went to Avalon too), and I was disgusted... I knew every single person in there, they were all my snobby rich friends from high school in PR, and other assorted arrogant latinos. I said hi to everyone, had a drink, then went back upstairs to Avalon to dance with women I didn't know. As much as I love salsa and merengue, I can't stand going to that kind of club. Always full of dressed-up rich idiot latin lovers, or even worse, wannabes.

yah avalon is good friday nights, did you go to "avaland"?

embassy i liked for saturday nights (when it's not connected to Avalon), the downstairs club/bar is "the modern" and they have latin stuff friday nights when it's connected to "avaland" but i agree with you and i stick to avalon on those nights.

and sophias i liked for latin dancing they have live salsa bands and lessons for herbs like me who can't dance so well.

I can't remember the name, but it was in London. Place had 3 -4 big rooms. Each was done up differently. One had lots of chain link fencing, towers, cat walks and the like in a really urban city night scape. Another room was filled with a moon walk kinda floor. I just remember kinda floating as I walked around. I seem to remember it being like drugs only without drugs. Lots of ambient light. This was back in 92 -93.

I guess the best club I ever went to was some club in Hollywood called "Dee-Lite" back in 97 or 98. Shit was live. Full of bitches wearing next to nothing. The crowd was typical which meant unlike house parties in my neighborhood, there was less of a chance for drama, ie. fights shootings, arrests, etc.

Originally posted by ink Lunatic

Grotta pinta..drunk in a blue cave smuggled a bottle of whiskey in.

Insane riders bar opens at 2 am, has wierd comics, and well. i dont know.

Qube- Old fascist movie theatre converted into a 3 story club. wierdos

*Blue Cheese*..i dont know how to explain this place. pieces on thewalls, you can smoke, sit, lay down, and write on basically anything. the djs podium is help up by a bulldozer. they have booze, guarana, apple pie and bags. visual effects on a screen that match the music..canvases on the walls.

I wouldn't know.. i dont go Cluuubin.

insane was the best. best night ever.

grote was cool too.... remember the alley before the club?

qube is fucked up, its kinda gay.

blue cheese is fun, but not for boozin.

that night at insane was wild. best ever.

back home i like

cherry lounge

the night gallery

the den

outlaws haha if your from where i am you know about outlaws.

outlaws is mayhem on wednesday nights!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haw.

well you could also go to

cowboys

ranchmans

desperados or whatever it is now.

most clubs have some western theme there. cowboys is actually good, desperados or whatever was cool too. its not cool with hip hop graff writers but whatever.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

outlaws haha if your from where i am you know about outlaws.

The Snoopy D-O-double-gizzle played there on Friday. I can't stand that place. I've been like, twice, both times for 50 cent beers and Foxy Boxing.....

I don't go to clubs. I hate them. Bars are so much better.......

Archived