Hip Hop- new coke.

zen

I was wondering if any one else has noticed this new sort of sub-genre of hip hop thats really becomming popular recently (And i have enjoyed alot).

It really consists of people like company flow, mr. lif, deltron3030, antipopconsortium, dj vadim, (occasionally aesop rock) dj food and many other artists that rock more of strange type of production that feels like a blade runner sound track, coupled with more complex lyrics that allow for more abstract flows and subject matter.

I personally enjoy this kind of shite and I was wondering if any body else is into this junk since my only exposure to it is via the internet and the occasional radio play.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by swif1

company flow gets a thumbs down from me.

well you do like trance, so your opinion doesnt really go too far...

Guest YinzerXpress

deltron is pretty cool, but i dont think this is a new thing, kool keith did it a couple years ago with his dr doom and dr octagon albums.....

dan the automator, another kool keith character has some good shit out as well

ah hell. I thought this was gonna be a thread on coke packaging the "original recipe" in one of those skinny cans (red bull) and testing them in New York clubs.

I can just see how that meeting went:

CEO: How do we cash in on the energy drink craze.

Creative (annoyed that this meeting is even taking place): Dude, just put it in a little can with no logo.

ummm, yeah, since this isn't a thread about that, uhh, nevermind.

*edit, cause I can't spell.

Guest FlamingHobo

man i thought this thread was going to be some shit like Coke release vanilla coke with hip hop "stars" on them...like rap snacks...boo@this shit.

Archived