Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zen

Hip Hop- new coke.

I was wondering if any one else has noticed this new sort of sub-genre of hip hop thats really becomming popular recently (And i have enjoyed alot).

It really consists of people like company flow, mr. lif, deltron3030, antipopconsortium, dj vadim, (occasionally aesop rock) dj food and many other artists that rock more of strange type of production that feels like a blade runner sound track, coupled with more complex lyrics that allow for more abstract flows and subject matter.

I personally enjoy this kind of shite and I was wondering if any body else is into this junk since my only exposure to it is via the internet and the occasional radio play.

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by swif1

company flow gets a thumbs down from me.

well you do like trance, so your opinion doesnt really go too far...

Guest illwill

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest YinzerXpress

deltron is pretty cool, but i dont think this is a new thing, kool keith did it a couple years ago with his dr doom and dr octagon albums.....

dan the automator, another kool keith character has some good shit out as well

ah hell. I thought this was gonna be a thread on coke packaging the "original recipe" in one of those skinny cans (red bull) and testing them in New York clubs.

I can just see how that meeting went:

CEO: How do we cash in on the energy drink craze.

Creative (annoyed that this meeting is even taking place): Dude, just put it in a little can with no logo.

ummm, yeah, since this isn't a thread about that, uhh, nevermind.

*edit, cause I can't spell.

Guest sneak

as long as it has energy and makes me want to dance i like it

no more energy than a normal can of coke. technically less since the serving size will be smaller.

Its all about packaging the same old recipe in a new way to make more money off of the little ADD kids.

Guest 455

yeah,some of that stuff is dope,but personally I like listening to more "jazzed-out" shit......I have Diamond D's "Check 1,2" on repeat right now.

Guest FlamingHobo

man i thought this thread was going to be some shit like Coke release vanilla coke with hip hop "stars" on them...like rap snacks...boo@this shit.

Originally posted by YinzerXpress

dan the automator, another kool keith character has some good shit out as well

Okay you must be smoking some serious shit to think that Dan the Automator is Kool Keith..

Oh by the way Def Jux is sick along with all the other listed in the first post..

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this