Canada to Decrim !

RumPuncher

yep...

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A parliamentary committee urged the Canadian

government on Thursday to relax its laws on possession of marijuana,

setting the stage for more friction with U.S. law enforcement officials

unhappy with the amount of drugs flooding in from Canada.

news

Decriminalize small amounts of pot, committee says

Canadian government will introduce legislation in 2003 to decriminalize marijuana

now please dont Blame Canada !

Peace Man!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

At least according to the Justice Minister, who says the government will introduce legislation early (3-4 months) in 2003. They are still waiting on the final commons report on the subject, due in November, (which means sometime in January). But since the first senate report recommended that marijuana should be legal to anyone over 16!!!! It is so nice to live in a country where we don't have a DEA that sticks to 50 year old reports on how bad marijuana is. And the war on drugs is actually on drugs not people. (also included in the article were suggests to create more treatment centre's to help the addicted people rather than just locking them up, like the brilliant people in the DEA.

^^ from an American news source.

1 more point....

"The United States has the highest use of marijuana in the world with the most punitive drug laws," Martin says. "That should tell them something.

"We know the status quo is a failure. The war on drugs has been a failure."

--------------------------------------------------note !

I bring this up as a political / legal subject.

Not as an excuse to brag about blunts and other such irrelevant comments. - thanks

It really isnt that big of a deal though unless you traffic some serious amounts of trees. The current law states that if you're caught for possession of 30 grams or less all you recieve is a fine with no jail time but it is progress none the less. all that the current law does is tie up our courts.

I watched the comittee speaches live this morning, and one thing that they proposed seemed to make sence.

Instead of a court date that will probably get thrown out, you'll get a hefty fine.

If you dont pay that fine, your driver's liscense gets cut off.

How's that for incentive!?

I almost made this topic like 4 or 5 times since I heard. it makes sense. we're close to it already out west. fuck, in my neighbourhood they wont even nail you for possesion if you have rock. The courts are so busy they refuse to take simple possesion cases, so the cops have come right out and said they wont charge people. they'll just confiscate it and warn you.

and I like the sounds of the fine system. just like transit tickets....whip out the fake id and start stacking up the unpaid tickets. just ask my man ben sherman, he knows the deal...

just another example on how canada is not fit to be its own country... they let people have bud............smoke bud............and transport it across into the US................. you fucking faggots, we should just goto war with you fags and take your stupid piece of land.

Neither myself or the Canadian government said anything about letting criminals roam free. They didnt say they were lifting any laws on possession of real narcotics like crack or coke they simply said they were going to relax on their laws towards marijuana possession to slow down the congestion of our court system so that they have more ability to deal with the real criminals like O.J. whom got off scot free for murder. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by KRONOLOGIK

Neither myself or the Canadian government said anything about letting criminals roam free. They didnt say they were lifting any laws on real narcodics like crack or coke they simply said they were going to relax on their laws towards marijuana possession to slow down the congestion of our court system so that they have more ability to deal with the real criminals like O.J.

hey be carefull not to step in the bull shit. your so fucking dumb...............

how did I never realise what a dumb little shit you are?

It's not about getting rid of all prisons, it's about changing the prison system.

There's a lot of people who are in jail for non-violent crimes.

Why does an aids or cancer patient who takes a drug to relieve pain,

end up sharing a cell with someone who's taken a life over drug turf.

Those are totally different crimes.

Drug use is a medical problem, not a criminal one.

Originally posted by KRONOLOGIK

If you call possession of marijuana a criminal offense worthy of jail time then you must enjoy paying taxes.:o

shit i dont care about paying taxes................there alot of hardcore criminals out there that get caught with bud..................so yes i will pay taxes so they ca get jail time.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

how did I never realise what a dumb little shit you are?

It's not about getting rid of all prisons, it's about changing the prison system.

There's a lot of people who are in jail for non-violent crimes.

Why does an aids or cancer patient who takes a drug to relieve pain,

end up sharing a cell with someone who's taken a life over drug turf.

Those are totally different crimes.

Drug use is a medical problem, not a criminal one.

k heres a gun. so if i had cancer and i took morphine i shouldnt get arrested for it? its the same as heron. get a fucking clue unless your prescribed by a doctor then you dont need it.

Originally posted by rip

so if i had cancer and i took morphine i shouldnt get arrested for it? its the same as heron. get a fucking clue unless your prescribed by a doctor then you dont need it.

1.) morphine is NOT the same as heroin.

2.) doctors DO perscribe morphine.

3.) doctors DO perscribe medical marijuana, to hundreds of people.

4.) so fuck you!

Archived