A riddle for all you christians out there...

High Priest

The problem with a god is you can't prove that it exists or that it doesn't exist. That doesn't take away from the positive effects that come from believing in a higher being. People who believe in a God are happy, have a stronger sense of community, live longer lives, etc. I'm not making that shit up either, psychologist have been studying it for years. So what it really comes down to is what do you lose by believing in a God and what would you gain? There are so many different religions out there one has to fit your personal beliefs in how humans should live their lives. Wouldn't it be benificial to have a place where there are people with similar ideas as you?

Personally I would rather believe in a god and later find out I was wrong, then to say God does not exist because no one has proven it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rip

i cant believe people still have blind faith in something that doesnt exsist......tell me how the fuck did a person create a planet? and does every planet have its own god? ofcourse not cause no one lives on them fuckin faggots. so did god create the other planets just because he was bored? no because he doesnt exsist.

though i'm a cross burning, pentagram tattooed, blasphemer myself, i don't see all belief in god in that way. it is not always blind faith. for example, people's lives that are continually great have faith that god is doing that for them. as long as its good, isn't their reason? (or atleast reason enough to remove the term 'blind')

i dono 'bout that riddle, its interesting. though the points on 'god is what you make it' are nice.

Originally posted by Kettiecat

The problem with a god is you can't prove that it exists or that it doesn't exist. That doesn't take away from the positive effects that come from believing in a higher being. People who believe in a God are happy, have a stronger sense of community, live longer lives, etc. I'm not making that shit up either, psychologist have been studying it for years. So what it really comes down to is what do you lose by believing in a God and what would you gain? There are so many different religions out there one has to fit your personal beliefs in how humans should live their lives. Wouldn't it be benificial to have a place where there are people with similar ideas as you?

Personally I would rather believe in a god and later find out I was wrong, then to say God does not exist because no one has proven it.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sure. k here i go, how does believing theres a higher being help you like longer? did it help the jews,gays,gypsies in ww2? no i dont think it did. what about gay people with aids now because they believe in god makes them outlive there illnes? no i dont think so either, nd just because i dont believe in any god makes me not be able to have close friends and a sense of community and family with the set? no it doesnt, so before your bring your wack ass argument to me make sure you have proof.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by rip

i cant believe people still have blind faith in something that doesnt exsist......tell me how the fuck did a person create a planet? and does every planet have its own god? ofcourse not cause no one lives on them fuckin faggots. so did god create the other planets just because he was bored? no because he doesnt exsist.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sure. k here i go, how does believing theres a higher being help you like longer? did it help the jews,gays,gypsies in ww2? no i dont think it did. what about gay people with aids now because they believe in god makes them outlive there illnes? no i dont think so either, nd just because i dont believe in any god makes me not be able to have close friends and a sense of community and family with the set? no it doesnt, so before your bring your wack ass argument to me make sure you have proof.

oooooooooooohh i wish i had time for this thread

first of all, do you believe in air? oxygen? have you ever seen it? but it's there right? how do you know? because other people told you. hmmmmmm, that sounfd familiar.

and for there to be good, evil has to exist. is it fair? no. not when you are the victim. but there is no good without evil. free will also comes into play in your argument too.

and let me say, i believe in a higher power. NOT religion. i despise religon, but i also acknowledge, to each there own. whatever has you on your right path. religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. spirituality is for people who have been to hell, and dont want to go back.

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by OJ Simpson

http://www.liquid2k.com/scn/8retard.jpg'>

ahahhahaahah

thats great always good for a luagh

NOW LOOK!!!!! l0rd Ka0s will speak of this riddle

BUT IF YOU WILL RECALL IF YOU HAVE READ THE BIBLE!!!!

this has already been asked of god via christ on the top of mount cyanide or whatever

but the real answer here is that lucifer was banished from the kingdom of heaven for being an envious angel and for asking that question. He then took with him a third of the highest ranking warriosr of the kingdom of heaven being the seraphim. Thus creating his own kingodm to war against his own creator god and jesus christ. Now to tell you the truth god has created a rock so large that he cannot lift it in the form of a material being with its own will. his name is man, and this is one of the reasons why lucifer left the kingdom of heaven, because he was jealous of man and his free will. In essence gopd cant control man if he could, none of you would deny the existence of a higher force that created us and can destroy us.

thats all bye now.

Originally posted by rip

a 1996 study compared the death rates for 3900 Israelis either in religious communities or not. The researchers reported that over a 16 year period, "belonging to a religious collective was associated with a strong protective effect" not explianed by age or economic differences. In every age group, those belonging to the religious communities were about half as likely as their non religious counter parts to have died.

an earlier study of 91909 persons in Maryland county found that those who attended religious services weekly were less likely to die during the study period than those who did not. (comstock & partridge 1972)

"an enhanced well being associated with a coherent world view, a sense of hope for the long term future, feelings of ultimate acceptance, and the relaxed meditation of prayer or sabbath observance help explain why religious people have healthier immune functions and fewer hospital admissions. (koenig & larson)

I have about 8 or 9 more studies if you want...

I'm not talking bullshit out my ass here. There is a correlation (maybe not causation) between attenting church regularly and an increases in your life expectancy.

Guest angry xbox

a 1996 study compared the death rates for 3900 Israelis either in religious communities or not. The researchers reported that over a 16 year period, "belonging to a religious collective was associated with a strong protective effect" not explianed by age or economic differences. In every age group, those belonging to the religious communities were about half as likely as their non religious counter parts to have died.

an earlier study of 91909 persons in Maryland county found that those who attended religious services weekly were less likely to die during the study period than those who did not. (comstock & partridge 1972)

"an enhanced well being associated with a coherent world view, a sense of hope for the long term future, feelings of ultimate acceptance, and the relaxed meditation of prayer or sabbath observance help explain why religious people have healthier immune functions and fewer hospital admissions. (koenig & larson)

I'm not talking bullshit out my ass here. There is a correlation (maybe not causation) between attenting church regularly and an increases in your life expectancy.

so god so loved the world that he sent his one and only son, and for those who believed in him shall not perish but have eternal life...

JOHN 3:16

ok well go ask those isralies now about how many are living when muther fuckers running around are exploding themselves . the second one ofcourse there going to live during the study period, you know why? cause there not near anywhere they can get shot.........when they leave the church its a different story. are you going to tell someone that wants to kill you "i believe in god dont kill me"? o i didnt think so. i didnt bother reading the third one i gotta go jogging.

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

and let me say, i believe in a higher power. NOT religion. i despise religon, but i also acknowledge, to each there own. whatever has you on your right path. religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell. spirituality is for people who have been to hell, and dont want to go back.

not all religions believe in hell. not all are money sucking bastards, most but not all.

Originally posted by rip

ok well go ask those isralies now about how many are living when muther fuckers running around are exploding themselves . the second one ofcourse there going to live during the study period, you know why? cause there not near anywhere they can get shot.........when they leave the church its a different story.

these studies happened over at least 10 years....you mean to tell me you don't think these people left their churches for ten years?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Amazing fucking article about a scientific study on the power of prayer. It's incredibly moving and well-written, I highly recommend everyone to read it sometime. That was the best issue of Wired I've ever gone through.

Anyways, rip, you really should be shutting up. And Kettiecat, read the above article before you completely believe in the veracity of these studies. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Amazing fucking article about a scientific study on the power of prayer. It's incredibly moving and well-written, I highly recommend everyone to read it sometime. That was the best issue of Wired I've ever gone through.

Anyways, rip, you really should be shutting up. And Kettiecat, read the above article before you completely believe in the veracity of these studies. Beer,

El Mamerro

I dont even need to read it, ive seen it in my flesh working in my life. but ima peep it anyway cause i love it, it inspires me to be a human again.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

not all religions believe in hell. not all are money sucking bastards, most but not all.

lol

sorry sis

it's not a perfect quote, but its pretty close to on the $

i know all religons dont believe in hell, but you (or they) hopefully got my drift

Humans cant handle the truth...if they thought that when they die thats the end of there existence and you just disappear there lives would be filled with negativity and wouldnt care about anything in the world......but if they were grown up to believe that there is a reason for there existence and that there is an incentive after there life then they will grow up trying to be as best as possible hoping to have a decent positive existence in the world......humans are naturally greedy there not born with it but they are grown to live within it....

Originally posted by High Priest

One day lucifer proposed a challenge to god. He asked god to create a rock so large that even he would not be able to lift it. God stood perplexed, because if he was to create this rock wich he could not lift , he would no longer be omnipotent, but if he could not create a rock of such size he had failed as a creator.

what was god to do?

Im not a cristian

But i suppose god would make that huge rock which was too heavy to lift,

and then he would enlarge himself,so that huge rock became but a pebble

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

oooooooooooohh i wish i had time for this thread

first of all, do you believe in air? oxygen? have you ever seen it? but it's there right? how do you know? because other people told you. hmmmmmm, that sounfd familiar.

and for there to be good, evil has to exist. is it fair? no. not when you are the victim. but there is no good without evil. free will also comes into play in your argument too.

so your saying that criminals are possesed by evil? sure buddy keep dreaming. its een provin by science that its in how the brain grew.

and do you people know why there are still people who believe? because they are brainwashed from day one to believe in non realistic things, but they do not know yet that thats what they are so they take them for fact and realism. since day one they are smotherd in god this god that, church this chruch that, and then they are forced to goto that nazi sunday school. if it wasnt forced upon them untill they were old enough and wise enough to make a choice of their own im sure there would be alot less believers.

Guest angry xbox

no ones life is meaningless. There is something definatley wrong with people in this country though and we are ALL guilty in one form or the other. Mans law could not begin to truly prosecute anyone for anything since Mans law is only to benefit his own selfish gains. Yes our nature as humans is to stray towards greed but thats what makes my life so righteous, and those lives of true individuals out there who believe in humbling thierselves before their creator whter it be a man or a woman or a god. What we miss nowadays is that RELIGION was created by the devil long ago to make you think that participating in the machine of theology makes you a sanctioned individual. IT will be your downfall and the catastrophe that the crusades and other bullshit movements of so called faith have already proved to be evil. No killing in the name of anyhting is worthy. Creation is to be glorified and america is an ungrateful nation of sqaundering pagans who are hell bent on owrshiping and idolizing what is evil and bad for your spirit. Yes we may have been the first and most famous insurrection of democracy but we closely resemble the roman empire that sluaghtered and accused and opressed gods chosen people. FUCK YOU IF YOUR A BAPTIST OR A METHODIST OR A MUSLIM OR YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN. I dont go to church for very good reason. because its all about money in this country.

Originally posted by WhAt_dA_fUcK

but isnt that caused by how they way you were raised?......what you were taught...difference between "good" and "bad"?

exactly my point its not god choosing if you will do bad or good with your life, its how you were brought up, how you were treated.

Originally posted by angry xbox

no ones life is meaningless. There is something definatley wrong with people in this country though and we are ALL guilty in one form or the other. Mans law could not begin to truly prosecute anyone for anything since Mans law is only to benefit his own selfish gains. Yes our nature as humans is to stray towards greed but thats what makes my life so righteous, and those lives of true individuals out there who believe in humbling thierselves before their creator whter it be a man or a woman or a god. What we miss nowadays is that RELIGION was created by the devil long ago to make you think that participating in the machine of theology makes you a sanctioned individual. IT will be your downfall and the catastrophe that the crusades and other bullshit movements of so called faith have already proved to be evil. No killing in the name of anyhting is worthy. Creation is to be glorified and america is an ungrateful nation of sqaundering pagans who are hell bent on owrshiping and idolizing what is evil and bad for your spirit. Yes we may have been the first and most famous insurrection of democracy but we closely resemble the roman empire that sluaghtered and accused and opressed gods chosen people. FUCK YOU IF YOUR A BAPTIST OR A METHODIST OR A MUSLIM OR YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN. I dont go to church for very good reason. because its all about money in this country.

hes my hero:love:

Guest angry xbox

really what im trying to say is that if you are so VAIN as to think that there is nothing beyond man and that our judicial systems of heirachy value throught history cant give oyu enough evidence to prove this, then you are a worthless and emmenintley selfish person who deserve to be crucified as though christ was. So that you can feel how pain really feels in the face of mans wonderous and greedy laws of lust for power.

Originally posted by rip

exactly my point its not god choosing if you will do bad or good with your life, its how you were brought up, how you were treated.

But it is up to you to decide if you want "God" and generally depicts as a kid how you are.....

i want to say that i do believe in him but im more of a nuetral agrument on this topic...

But there are those Extremists who decide to start killing people because "God" told them too....for example the abortion doctor murders,those people who commited suicide because they thought that the new millenium was the end of all humanity...........

Guest angry xbox

But it is up to you to decide if you want "God" and generally depicts as a kid how you are.....

i want to say that i do believe in him but im more of a nuetral agrument on this topic...

But there are those Extremists who decide to start killing people because "God" told them too....for example the abortion doctor murders,those people who commited suicide because they thought that the new millenium was the end of all humanity...........

these are people who could not find a proper balance between what they truly beleive and what is actual truth. They had no substance in thier lives they only looked for a reason to commit an atrosity that would scar them beyond sanity. THESE PEOPLE WERE IMBALANCED

really what im trying to say is that if you are so VAIN as to think that there is nothing beyond man and that our judicial systems of heirachy value throught history cant give oyu enough evidence to prove this, then you are a worthless and emmenintley selfish person who deserve to be crucified as though christ was. So that you can feel how pain really feels in the face of mans wonderous and greedy laws of lust for power.

fuck you i dont like you ignorant bastard

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by rip

fuck you i dont like you ignorant bastard

ahahhahhahhaahahahah

"im sorry did i offend you???? WELL MAYBE YOU NEEDED TO BE OFFENDED!!!!" -suicidal tendencies

Humans cant handle the truth...if they thought that when they die thats the end of there existence and you just disappear there lives would be filled with negativity and wouldnt care about anything in the world......but if they were grown up to believe that there is a reason for there existence and that there is an incentive after there life then they will grow up trying to be as best as possible hoping to have a decent positive existence in the world......humans are naturally greedy there not born with it but they are grown to live within it....

You should really read Jean Paul Sarte's Existentialism is a Humanism.

to summarize. There is no set "human nature" each person by their own actions determines what human nature is. We are motivated because we a responsible for our actions.

Guest angry xbox

look here kid, being an atheist wont make you someone people will fear in fact no one on either spectrum will like you. Atheist are the most ignorant people in the world by thier own devices. Why wouldnt thier be a god or jesus christ or buddah or allah or moses. This shit was written in history books from thousands of thousands of thousands of years ago. Your problem is you are to endowed and in slavery to the belief of man himself. wuit watching TV and ignore waht technology does for us. Go study nature for awhile. Walk through the rail yard at night by yourself walk where the industry ends and the organics begin BY YOURSELF with just your thoughts. then tell me no god exists. Visit a third world country and tell me god doesnt exist. Talk to the bum on the street who lost his life to alcohol and tell me god doesnt exist. watch someone be born and tell mans science created this and tht nothing higher than us exists. QUIT BEING SO FUCKING SHELTERED THEN COME TO ME AND TELL ME THAT NO GOD AT ALL EXISTS and THAT MAN IS THE ONLY EXISTING THING IN THE WORLD.

look here kid, being an atheist wont make you someone people will fear in fact no one on either spectrum will like you. Atheist are the most ignorant people in the world by thier own devices. Why wouldnt thier be a god or jesus christ or buddah or allah or moses. This shit was written in history books from thousands of thousands of thousands of years ago. Your problem is you are to endowed and in slavery to the belief of man himself. wuit watching TV and ignore waht technology does for us. Go study nature for awhile. Walk through the rail yard at night by yourself walk where the industry ends and the organics begin BY YOURSELF with just your thoughts. then tell me no god exists. Visit a third world country and tell me god doesnt exist. Talk to the bum on the street who lost his life to alcohol and tell me god doesnt exist. watch someone be born and tell mans science created this and tht nothing higher than us exists. QUIT BEING SO FUCKING SHELTERED THEN COME TO ME AND TELL ME THAT NO GOD AT ALL EXISTS and THAT MAN IS THE ONLY EXISTING THING IN THE WORLD.

ummmmmmmmmmmm k dont blow a blood vessel there buddy. and i dont believe i am ignorant........... i may not know some things but i know i am not ignorant and THERE IS NO GOD.

Archived