Basquiat

i love phat rabbit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The movie was really well done. It wasn't about graff very much, but his "real" art. I enjoyed it. I think like the only graff in it was some of his writing on a wall (like a sentence) and on a door maybe....

That movie isn't really that accurate, from what I have been told by some artist of that period. That shouldn't really be a suprise though. The movies tend to embelish and bend the story for viewer appreciation. Anyhow, his art is interesting, and I was entertained by the movie on more than one occasion. I thought that the movie left his death to be sort of vague, and his relationship with Warhol to be unclear.

"Wanna buy some ignorant art?" was my favorite line of the movie.

BASQUIAT is a loose biography of Jean-Michel Basquiat who (with one other kid) wrote SAMO© all over the city. The film is by Julian Schnabel, another painter from the early eighties. If you're looking for a graf movie, this isn't it, but rather a drugged-out fable about the price of burning too bright too fast. Definitely see the movie, just because - as artists- it applies to you.

Originally posted by MESTHREE:

Bowie is so damn awesome as warhol...

you are sooooo right!bowie was great in that role,probally one of bowie's best acting roles in my opinion...

"oh look looh jean micheal,its the duck man,growwing up my brother and i had 2 pet ducks...we called them the garcia brothers.."

J.M.-"andy,why is that guy peeing on your floor?"

andy-"its piss art jean micheal.."

Archived