quitting smoking...

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

ive more or less cruised through the past year smoking occasionally until it had grown this summer to more or less every day...i never think of my self as one to be addicted to anything, so now that i feel urges to smoke i really want to get off it.

every time i start again (usually after a couple days), the next day i feel real giddy, and i have a weird feeling going through my body.

anyone else when trying to quit have the urge to drink a lot of water or caffinated drinks? ive found myself drinking whole huge glasses of water, and popping one coke after another.

how long did it take you guys to do it cold turkey stylee?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Remi Martin

pretty much as long as your active and smoke less than 15 cigs a day your harming your self as much as living in the san fernando valley and breathing smog everyday, its the people that smoke like 2 packs a day and are fat that got the problems, but moderation wont kill you.

i dont smoke for a few days, break down and buy a pack and it takes me a week to smoke it. i aint trippen. the air here isnt to smoggy.

Guest Remi Martin

well yeah, but fuck, at least its rational rationalizing, i mean shit, its not like ima coke head or head anything;0, but really its not bad for you if you do it moderatley, i mean i enjoy the smooth flavor of a well cured tobacco, and it does compliment a fine malt beverage. so fuck it, i paint shit to, xylene stands to harm me just as quick but i wear mask and gloves...fuck this life shit anyways........

Guest imported_Tesseract

I smoke about two pacs a day, never tried to quit and although i wish i didnt smoked at all, i fuckin like smoking!!!

I can think of a million times i couldnt stand without a cigarette,

Some people say that most of the cigs a smoker does in a day dont really offer satisfaction and that from 30 cigs only 3 are really enjoyed,

I totally disagree, the pleasure of being a smoker lies in to being a smoker not smoking after sex etc

So...if you never smoked in your life, thats the best, if you ocassionaly smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes you aint smoking aaand if you smoke regulary you can quit for like 10 years but still miss the damn thing

And if you quit.....you'll probably get fat!

smoking for about two years, Patches Suck, Gums Sucks, carry aroudn a water bottle, drin kwater instead. I quit for 3 months, I gained 15 pounds and became the meanest person you will ever meet. Then I broke down and started smoking again, lost 20 pounds, and I am one of the nicest persons you may ever meet.

Oh,, oral fixations. Chew on stuff, pens, straws --- like me, guitar picks.

wait, it's gonna make you look like an E-tard, carrying around water and chewing on shit...

------------------

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Guest Remi Martin

no shit, when i dont smoke im a fucken evil vindictive mean bitter jaded asshole, well i guess im like that all the time, but when i dont smoke it gets worse...oh forgot to mention abraisve, obnoxious, shady, grumpy, irritable, awnry, crabby and vicious..ok thats better...

Yeah I've been trying to quit for my boyfriend lately. He hates it when I smoke, and I can understand. I tried to quit off and on for the last two years.

At my worst I was a pack and a half a day. I haven't bought a pack in three weeks or so and I've gained 15 pounds and I'm quite bitchy. I hate it and I don't actually want to quit, but my boyfriend and I have been fighting over it, and I know I should before I'm 45, and in the hospital because of lung cancer.

Whatever, Quit now while you're not really addicted. I wish I'd never started, but I love it so much now.

Guest Remi Martin

i really need to quit cause i have asthma so if i keep smoking i have a 90 percent chance of getting a terminal lung disease by the time im thirty...but i keep it under a pack a week, which is like i said, the equivilent of living in the san fernando valley.

me quit? ive tried....the patch...cold turkey...even got welbutrin <sp?> prescribed for me..and i sitll couldnt do it...ive got an addictive personality..and thats not good....allows me to get addicted to things oh so quick....dont start if you dont smoke...

Archived