REBUILDING OF HARLEM.

ETHREADZNY

HARLEM, NEW YORK WHICH HAS A VAST AMOUNT OF POVERTY, but HAs been know for it's close nit community, is getting a facelift. Mom and pop stores, that were run by generations of families, are being replaced by large corperations.

do you feel that it is benefical to open up these "malls in Harlem" to hire members of the community, or do you feel that by doing this you are closing the mom and pops store, and raising the property value, so residence can no longer afford to live there anymore/

what is your view on rebuilding ghettos for economic advancement.

I feel that alot of these businesses are causing wealthier people to move into the area, which inturn causes the original residence to move out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest YinzerXpress

if you renovate somewhere, you are just going to make the poor of the area poorer. that is a fucking stupid idea.....

the rich get richer, the poor dont get shit

Originally posted by willy.wonka

i heard Harlem was being turned into a tourist area.

the crazy thing is this is true, but it is being made a tourist attraction for the wrong reasons, not the rich culture, jazz renissances, and amazing buildings, but for the mall of america..

It's called gentrification, folks. Happening in a lot of neighborhoods, in a lot of cities. The poor get pushed out, what else is new? One of the most insulting, classist things I ever saw in my life is the law against homelessness. "Find a place to live, or I'll arrest you!" Although that's a bit off topic.

Guest willy.wonka

can anybody say?

get out of here niggers!

:rolleyes: something i thought of while thinking of the 700club guy and harlem

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

It's called gentrification, folks. Happening in a lot of neighborhoods, in a lot of cities. The poor get pushed out, what else is new? One of the most insulting, classist things I ever saw in my life is the law against homelessness. "Find a place to live, or I'll arrest you!" Although that's a bit off topic.

EXACTLY.

gentrification = money, and more "justifiable" policing of neighborhoods.

now what i want to know is what the man will do with the final frontier, the projects. can't really move them so well.

i can't wait to see what the next step is. (sarcasm).

Archived