Find results that contain...
Find results in...

eminem vs cage

Originally posted by alleniverson

I can't believe what I'm hearing in here. All I hear is "But his skills

blah blah blah". I thought some of you were MC's? Of course skills are

important, but your words aren't everything. Listen, having presence,

charisma, and personality are skills in their own right. People say shit

like "Well, Ja-Rule is wack, he only sells because of this and that".

No, he sells because he has presence and a persona. He's not just a dude

on the mic, he creates a character, it's alot like acting. See, to me,

these things are basic things an MC should know, you guys not kowing

these things leads me to believe that ya'll are some fake ass MC's. A

guy like Ras Kass will NEVER blow up because he has no presence. A guy

like Kiss will blow up everytime 'cause he does. It's not that he's

watered down so people like him, it has nothing to do with that, it's

the skill behind the skill. I could coach a regular MC into sounding

like he's been making albums for years and the methods are so simple,

the fact that you guys don't understand them are ridiculous. And to me,

if you don't even rap in a studio then your opinion holds no weight

because you don't even understand what you're listening to. You're like

a girl rating an actor on how good he looks, because you're not seeing

anything but the obvious. Jay-Z, Kiss, Method Man, Snoop, Eminem,

Outkast, Nas, Ghostface, Biggie, 2Pac, Foxy Brown, Bleek, Noreaga,

Shyne, Nelly, Ja Rule, DMX, Slick Rick...what do all these guys have in

common? That they all sell records? Yes, but why? because they all have

presence and personality and they understand how to spit on a mic. The

Genius, Ras Kass, Inspektah Deck, Drag-On, The Beatnuts, Sauce Money,

Kweli, Rosco, Mic Geronimo, Kurupt, Company Flow, Afu Ra, Jeru....what

do all these guys have in common? That they DON'T sell? Yeah...but why?

because they don't have any presence or personality. And it's not like

these cats haven't tried to sell out, but it hasn't worked 'cause they

don't have the charisma. All I'm saying is, it is RIDICULOUS to play

that off as something that doesn't even count on the mic. People say

"But look at the skills", okay, lets look at 'em...okay this cat has

better writing skills, but this one over here has better all around mic

skills. This is the exact reason why every internet MC you hear is

boring to listen to and puts you to sleep, 'cause they don't understand

how to use the mic, they just know how to rhyme (if that). Stop

believing that these MC's that blow up were given a Million dollars on a

platinum platter. They had to grind and go through the underground

passage to make it the promise land just like every other MC. The reason

they got there quicker is because they understand what I'm saying right

now. One.

then how the fuck did mase get popular? he's got no skills and no personality! and this guy's talking about jadakiss. what the fuck is so special about that guy? he's got a fucking personality deficiency disorder. the guy is boring as hell and he has weak ass rhymes. fuck that shit nigguh

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard of DITC? Mase grew up rapping on a Harlem street corner with Big L and Camron. He had skills back in the day. As to why he blew up. He had a look and an image. Think back to about 97/98 when him and Puff were wearing the flashy suits and making the club songs.

He had Puff and Biggie to promote him. Also I would think of him more as a flavor of the month, not necessarily an MC who blew up.

Originally posted by alleniverson

Ever heard of DITC? Mase grew up rapping on a Harlem street corner with Big L and Camron. He had skills back in the day. As to why he blew up. He had a look and an image. Think back to about 97/98 when him and Puff were wearing the flashy suits and making the club songs.

He had Puff and Biggie to promote him. Also I would think of him more as a flavor of the month, not necessarily an MC who blew up.

yeah, but this guy is arguing that it's personality that is making dudes popular. mase aint got one. neither have the lox, yet for some reason they are popular (well, not mase, but you know what i mean). regardless of shiny suits or whatever. i could put on a sequined jumpsuit, doesn't mean i'm gunna be bigger than elvis

Mase got popular, because at the time, a mass amount of the public wanted to hear jiggy dance songs in the clubs, not everyone likes him, including me. but you got to realize when somebody goes out to a club, the last thing they want to hear is non-phixion, or any other hip hop that is extremely lyrical, they want dance beats. Sure mase was down with big l and d.i.t.c, but thats not what made a celebrity, it was the dance tracks that puffy influenced.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

Mase got popular, because at the time, a mass amount of the public wanted to hear jiggy dance songs in the clubs, not everyone likes him, including me. but you got to realize when somebody goes out to a club, the last thing they want to hear is non-phixion, or any other hip hop that is extremely lyrical, they want dance beats. Sure mase was down with big l and d.i.t.c, but thats not what made a celebrity, it was the dance tracks that puffy influenced.

exactly. personality doesn't mean anything. it's all about selling out for what's cool

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

then how the fuck did mase get popular? he's got no skills and no personality! and this guy's talking about jadakiss. what the fuck is so special about that guy? he's got a fucking personality deficiency disorder. the guy is boring as hell and he has weak ass rhymes. fuck that shit nigguh

Mase became popular because awhile back that's when Harlem was clickin, he was Murda Mase and ran with Camron, Big L, Cardan, and he had that flow to him, that persona about him.

He carried himself well, I never really liked dude and I still don't but yea, the way he presented himself had people buying into his shit, he used to have a laid back, I don't give a fuck, witty flow but he strayed. Ask fabolous.

As for Jadakiss, he's got a nice style/delivery and he carries himself well to that's why he's known...

"You know what I'm about when I run up in the house put the gun up in ya mouth and get the money out the couch, hearin you out is senseless, perhaps for instance, I give this faggot a french kiss, black gloves no prints an dark tints, word on the street they ain't heard from him since..."

I think that's how it went, not sure I forget. But the flow on that is real defined and falls nice on the ears.

"Even tho you seen me in an outta your house, there's no way she could have a baby outta her mouth"

People like to here shit like that.

Reminds me of, Nas, I think Nas is fake as fuck, I think he's a sellout and in general, even tho I don't know him personally I don't like him as a person. But he's got that fuckin flow.

One of my favourite verses by him is of eye for an eye, on infamy (my favourite mobb deep joint), his flow is on point.

seeking yea I feel you on that. I already forgot he came out with that C True hollywood stories bullshit. I don't know what that was about.

Eminem needs to change his beats up and stop rapping in that whiney voice about his moms. I haven't heard any cage since Agent Orange came out - and that is a dope track for sure. If we're talking about white mc's, or dope underground mc's in general, I have to say that I'm really checking for Edan at the moment - the guys clever and funny and his rhymes are on point. Word up!

Originally posted by seeking

cage is a fucking retard who hasent done anything good since his first 12". you fat piece of shit, do more coke, say 'nigga' till your white face turns black and at the end of the day, you're still ignored completely outside of the tri-state area. ill bill? that dude has been mediocre for a decade and i find it hard to believe that somehow the years are gracing him with more talent.

eminem's career is far from nearly over. dude is probably the dopest emcee out right now, bar none. he doesnt cater to a 'younger' audience, it's just that a lot of younger kids get into him. his albums have gotten more concistent with each one. infact, the only time they suck is when he lets his boys rap. other than that, every song on the last one was good, and white america was classic.

dude's dope. yall is haters. blah.

couldn't have said it better myself-

moving on ---have you all got to listening the new em shit-- where he murders the guy from the source.. on the shady records mix tape sampler or something like that- download it- damn-its good

allshitty,

no one's ever been kicked off anticon, they just sort of fade into the background. josh has always had his own label that he was trying to do. he was supposed to have one 12" (actually a 10") come out on anticon (women loving women) but it was decided it would be better suited for his own label.

in dealing with rap and personalities as large as some people, occasionaly not everyones heads can fit inside the same recording booth. it happens.

how anyone can still have enthusiasm about hip hop is beyond me....the "underground" is so full of the "drop knowledge while having the presence of a rock" crowd its disgusting...it would have been nice if these people would have stuck to posting theyre drivel on some internet battle board where no one had to listen to the empty delivery and corny ass bedroom beats....

i can see why wet made a comeback with the hip hop crowd

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by boogie hands

how anyone can still have enthusiasm about hip hop is beyond me....the "underground" is so full of the "drop knowledge while having the presence of a rock" crowd its disgusting...it would have been nice if these people would have stuck to posting theyre drivel on some internet battle board where no one had to listen to the empty delivery and corny ass bedroom beats....

I dont care why you said that but i give you 300% right on it, and another 600% for wording it with precision.

Originally posted by evokester

Cage is the shit - dont talk if you dont know - Download Movies for the blind - then tell me he aint dope!!! ILL BiLL will crush U!! Listen to his songs hes done w/ NECRO. He fucken kills shit - Fuck u Haters !! I can see why u listen to EMINEM

and i can see why your still in the fourth grade.

quiet down weenie. your blocking the REAL ideas.

Guest Can you sign my book???

I used to be very much on cages side with this, and I have seen him live, and well...Someone else said it....Not too good....I also used to say fuck em, and all that, but the guy has put in so much work, fuckin what four albums to cages one....There really is no contest....Cage is mediocre....Ill bill can at times definitely be sick with the flow but sucks live....Hes too fat...Really though...Goretex is where its at in non phixion.....

only complete nerds like cage....the only reason anyone knows about him is cuz em made him famous...cage got piped at a concert by the way...i dont know why he didnt do any of the crazy shit he claims he does in his songs...

Originally posted by fizm

and he and copywrite suck live. [/b]

Congratulations! You Fucking Retarded!

cage and copywrite rip the mic up soooo hard live. they have so much energy. when cage comes out on stage he isnt that impressive cause he's a little hunchback dude but he looks creppy as shit. but copywrite carrys the show and puts it on over haul. that dude has so much energy on stage.

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

Eminem needs to change his beats up and stop rapping in that whiney voice about his moms. I haven't heard any cage since Agent Orange came out - and that is a dope track for sure. If we're talking about white mc's, or dope underground mc's in general, I have to say that I'm really checking for Edan at the moment - the guys clever and funny and his rhymes are on point. Word up!

oh hell yes.......EDAN is definitely worth checking for sure.....his album is fuckin' dope......let us not forget about Checkmark and Esoteric...are far as some the first "white" Mc's you should check the crossover of the metal band Anthrax....

* also please see Raw Produce......

* also if I'm not mistaken I think Cage was part of a group called The Whooligans.'93......but I can't remember.I still have that tape somewhere...

a lot of younger guys i know are into this "underground hip hop" stuff but i just cant feel it. these guys have no rhythm to their delivery. they dont understand what phrasing is. they just spit out these run on lines that sound terrible.

"You know what I'm about when I run up in the house put the gun up in ya mouth and get the money out the couch, hearin you out is senseless, perhaps for instance, I give this faggot a french kiss, black gloves no prints an dark tints, word on the street they ain't heard from him since..."

im not really feeling "commerical rap" either mainly cause of the boring subject matter but these guys are a lot tighter and just better performers than the echo hoodie crowd. notice that each line here has the same sylabic pattern and flows nicely. this is basic stuff when it comes to poetry. these wordy white rappers need to retake english class.

to me these underground mc's are like 80's guitar "shredders" in hair metal bands. underneath the technical bullshit there is no soul or substance. aesop rock is the next yngwe malmsteen.

i find it hilarious that some of these younger guys telling me how great anticon is have never listened to public enemy or big daddy kane. they tell me that rakim and ice cube are wack too. they have heard of grandmaster flash but have never actually heard him. and how many good writers listen to rap anyway these days? its all about the misfits.

Originally posted by worldoflies

i find it hilarious that some of these younger guys telling me how great anticon is have never listened to public enemy or big daddy kane. they tell me that rakim and ice cube are wack too. they have heard of grandmaster flash but have never actually heard him.

these people exist?

ice cube's death certificate is one of my favourite albums ever, even though he ain't my steez anymore. amerikkka's most wanted was pretty good, too.