Brazilian D N B

T.T Boy

ok, im not usually into drum and bass but these brazilian djs are really good. maybe this song is super old but you should go download the track LK by dj marky and dj xrs.

maybe i should go to carnival this year............

super pointless thread 70006.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty
Originally posted by El Mamerro

You can't front on Soul Slinger, nigga.

ANNNNNNNNNNND once again mamerro proves that he knows the fucking deal.

Guest BROWNer

mamski, have you heard a group called batacuda or

something similar?..?.......its not 'drum'n'bass' per se...

but its fast drums and stuff....?

i heard about them a few years ago and i've always

been curious.....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Word to the Unwitty One.

Browner, I think you are referring to a "Batucada", which is a type of Brazilian percussion ensemble, not a band itself... Almost all batucada bands include the word "batucada" in their names, so that's not of much help. I don't know of any of em except a PR-based one called Batucada Baoba that I heard for the first time at a rum fest. Too bad I was twisted as fuck off the drinks, cause shit was ill and believe it, I would've busted the bboy/capoeira hybrid to it.

Burundi drummers are also hot shit to check out percussion-wise. I used to study math while listening to old Drums of Burundi tapes that a history teacher got for me back in junior high. I really wish I still had em. Beer,

El Mamerro

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Word to the Unwitty One.

Browner, I think you are referring to a "Batucada", which is a type of Brazilian percussion ensemble, not a band itself... Almost all batucada bands include the word "batucada" in their names, so that's not of much help. I don't know of any of em except a PR-based one called Batucada Baoba that I heard for the first time at a rum fest. Too bad I was twisted as fuck off the drinks, cause shit was ill and believe it, I would've busted the bboy/capoeira hybrid to it.

Burundi drummers are also hot shit to check out percussion-wise. I used to study math while listening to old Drums of Burundi tapes that a history teacher got for me back in junior high. I really wish I still had em. Beer,

El Mamerro

ahh..thanks..as i looked into it, i started realizing that.

i'm gonna check the drums of burundi funk.

^

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by BROWNer

ahh..thanks..as i looked into it, i started realizing that.

i'm gonna check the drums of burundi funk.

^

Wordski... unfortunately, all the Burundi audio I can find online is really not quite up to par to what I used to listen too... they're mostly recordings of very repetitive and rather monotonous patterns. I remember these tapes had some seriously complex shit, with a lot of variation. They should be somewhere around my house in PR, I gotta look for em when I get back. beer,

El Mamerro

Archived