PAINTING NEXT TO THE TRACKS

Guest wakassOATH

kabar touched on just about everything you need to keep in mind.

if theres anywhere in a 2 mile vicinity of the spot your painting that you or anyone else paints anything that rolls, you shouldnt paint there, you should take paint to match the walls and go buff your shit and dont paint there again. you could heat up things all over the city.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 8 months later...

really fucking late on this one, but what the hell. Spots like these are my favoritist places to paint. i usually make walls like this an all day event of piecing. From my personal experiences, its best to hide at all costs, like others have said being seen can completely blow it. I have been seen by people in engines several times and nothing has happened. it is best to not put your cans out, keeping in your backpack, and keep your backpack on your back when you paint. i love painting with a backpack on anyway. It is common sense in many ways, laying out your colors means its gonna be hard to pick it all up before a train steaming and speeding by comes into view. One time i did not have time to pick all my shit up, and a relatively slow moving train came by. I watched the dude, look out the window and stare at my cans and the sketch i had lying out, while a half finished piece lay on the wall behind it. If he was a dickhead, he could have contacted someone and notified them of me. Of course i think nothing of the matter and just paint away for the next hour, i could have gotten busted. use your head, hiding for a few minutes will allow no one to know of your secret spot of endless chillness and time. I have many of these spots and when its blown its blown.

• 2 weeks later...

THAT "RAIL FAN" IDEA IS THE STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD. THERE'S STILL A HALF PAINTED WALL, PAINT ON YOUR HANDS, AND YOUR STILL TRESPASING. PLUS THESE DAYS WITH PEOPLE ALL TERORIZED ABOUT TERRORIZM YOU CAN GET LOCKED UP AND SENT TO GUANTANAMAL BAY NEVER TO BE HEARD FROM AGAIN JUST FOR TAKING A PICTURE OF A TRAIN. STICK TO HIDING IN THE BUSHES.

• 2 weeks later...

Your asking for trouble painting retaining walls next to the tracks...the spots going to get heated sooner or later. If your close enough for the engineers to talk to you, your definently trespassing. Even if your not caught red handed, but with a sack full of paint walking along the tracks shit still might go down, especially if your stopped by some bulls on rr property. If you want to paint walls find an alley, around here it pisses me off how many layups are tagged up along the retaining walls, bridges, and surrounding buildings. I don't understand why writers do that, all it does is alert other fr8 heads who go there that you write their too, and all the RR workers see it and alerts them that shit goes down there. Take it how you want it, I guess it depends on the persons perspective. Im a fr8 head, your into painting walls so our opinions will be different on the matter...

Guest Ted Kennedy

i agree with bosco, you're askin for it.

If i was hittin freights there, and i caught someone painting the wall like that i'd sneak up on them and hit them with my lock cutter, i'm sure i'm not the only one so you best not do that.

paint at night they may call the 50s one time and you may not know.

or he conductor may mistake you for 2 diffrent people-what i mean is he comes by and sees you fliking notices the graff getting painted everytime he is switching cars and what not then he may call the cops on the kids painting, not knowing it was you-your fucked-the spots blown for good,

• 5 months later...

Even if a driver recons that youve been painting coz theres a half finished peice just tell him i dont know what your talking about if they didnt see it then they cant prove it. and even if it goes well far if you have a good lawer then you have nothing to worry about its like painting the insides of trains(i speak from experince) if all they got is CCTV of you getting off a smashed train then theres fuck all they can do about it

So be a happy "railfan"

(PS ive noticed that where train spotters sit and look theres allways hundreds of apple stickers you know them stickers they come on the side of the apple so bring a few of them each time you paint and stick they on a post or the wall :P)

Archived