PAINTING NEXT TO THE TRACKS

Guest wakassOATH

Guest wakassOATH

i think this thread should go into this section.. anyway

i dont know much about trains and shit so imma tell you my situation..

recentley.. a friend and I found what looks like to be a chill wall next to the tracks.. its flat concreat and goes for like a km.. no graff whatsoever on it.. anyway i was woundering about the trains.. and the conducters.. when we paint there(day time) and a train comes we usually hide in the small bushes .. but half the time im sure the conducters can see us hideing away next to our pieces.. lately im just been hiding my cans.. and when the train comes.. take my camera out and pretend to take fliks of the engine.. and wave to the conducter.. to make him think im just a railfan.. and that i have nothing to hide. they usually wave back.. or slow down to tell us that theres more.. faster trains comiing on the tracks and to watch out.. the thing is .. is the property we are standing on is owned by the railways.. and the wall we are painting is (i think) owned by the city .. its accually part of the highway witch runs above us.

agian i know nothing about tains and the people who work with the rail road so i need some advice..

should i paint infront of the engine and not care?.. should i stay with my wanna-be rail fan idea? should i hide in the bushes and get spotted half the time?

do the conducters care about this shit? will they call the rail cops/city cops?

thanks for your advice.. any idea's will be great..id like to keep this spot chill.. .. ohh this may sound really fuckin retarded.. but i heard some storys about writers bring fridge box's to their spots .. when the train comes they hide in the boxes and they just look like trash.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest me IS cool

I say do what you feel like. But do keep in mind that if you do paint the wall and other writers use that spot to paint trains you will make it harder for everyone to paint this spot. And may cause beef.

Guest krowteN
Originally posted by wakassOATH

should i paint infront of the engine and not care?..

hell yeah. they sepecially love it when you moon them or flip them off and throw rocks at the train. they never call in on you though;)

i dont know about your states

But in Sydney or pretty much australia, most line spots are painted at night.

Too suss for trains to see u, in some cases if there is bushes to hide then do it.

But even if u are hiding like u say, sometimes the train will sneak up n will spot u just as u duck down.

so its up to u, not all conductors/ train guards may not care, but its better to be safe than sorry.

yes they prop wil call the cops on u.

The rail fan story is ok, but also a bit bodgy if u are standing near a wall which uve 1/2 done a piece on.

They may put 2 n 2 together, that your the one painting the wall.

Or if u stil keen, bring bushes or extra branches of trees, that u could place in front of your piece try n hide it n u. when your finished just throw em out of the way.

Really not worth the troubles, where as if u were there at night u can hide in the dark, too easy.

peace Zina....

Guest wakassOATH

me is cool- its not a spot where peolple hit freights.. its just a long wall running beside the tracks.. in the middle of no where.. no one is around at all except for the odd train that goes by.. its our own "secret" spot where we can chill back and piece and noth be bothered

i think imma stcik to the rail fan idea because if im gonna take the patience of painting in the dark.. its gonna be somewhere more worthwhile.. but as zinasta says.. they may notice the half finished shit witch may be a problem

if i can find a big refridgerator box sometime on garbage day.. i may use that trick.. when the train comes i can just hop in the box.

thanks alot guys.

no probs

Originally posted by wakassOATH

me is cool- its not a spot where peolple hit freights.. its just a long wall running beside the tracks.. in the middle of no where.. no one is around at all except for the odd train that goes by.. its our own "secret" spot where we can chill back and piece and noth be bothered

i think imma stcik to the rail fan idea because if im gonna take the patience of painting in the dark.. its gonna be somewhere more worthwhile.. but as zinasta says.. they may notice the half finished shit witch may be a problem

if i can find a big refridgerator box sometime on garbage day.. i may use that trick.. when the train comes i can just hop in the box.

thanks alot guys.

Most line spots are worthwhile in the city.

But anyway good luck paint hard n represent...

Zina...

word of advice if the tracks run under a bridge or the wall is near the tracks you are prolly on railroad property and its federal being seen painting is not the best thing 2 do im sure the ones that have slowed down an talk 2 u will call u in saying that there is trespassing on the rail property some will pass with out caring,

but your better off not being seen use your senses kid why would u want 2 be seen doin illegal activity no matter if its in a farm feild with 1 guy watching or a city with thousands of people it only takes 1 to get u in trouble

I say stick with the railfan idea.

how would some guy driving a train know if a piece is half done or all done anyway? I don't think they'd look at the wall and think that something was half done or whatever. They may figure you're painting it anyway though if the same engineers pass by there often and see you a lot and the graffiti on the wall keeps multiplying.

Yeah. What do I know anyway?

i have the same deal theres big ass wall with 2 sets of tracks that run next to it when i paint i just look down the line every few minutes for the light of the train then when i see the light i just go be hind the wall theres a wall that separates tracks from a creek that runs next to it its like a piller that hold up the road above wait for the train to go by then back to painting.. but one time i was doing a roller and got in to it and didnt look down the line and a slow movin train was rollin down the track in reverse with a caboose on the end to switch tracks down the line i hear it but it was to late there was a guy standin on the back of the caboose he just looked at me not taking any chances i grabed my shit and left came back like 4days later and finished it

[.

agian i know nothing about tains and the people who work with the rail road so i need some advice..

QUOTE]

sorry then man hate to say it but then you shouldnt be on the tracks near trains,:o

Double-track Main

Itsounds to me like you are painting a retaining wall supporting a highway overpass. More than likely, the train crew's biggest concern is that you don't get hit by the train. As long as you stay well away from the tracks, you aren't likely to be reported. How close is the wall to the ballast (the rocks/gravel under the railroad track)? If it's real close (say less than twenty yards) (about 25 meters or so) you want to be careful to stay well clear of the tracks.

The railroad definately owns the Right of Way (the land under and on both sides of the tracks) out to a distance of around 100 or 150 feet on each side of the tracks, and in some cases, even more. For land to be considered "posted" in the state of Texas, it must be either "fenced for cattle" or it must be posted with signs that say "No Tresspassing." If the signs say "No Hunting" as well as "No Tresspassing" then not only can passers-by not hunt there, neither can the land owner, which is why so few people in Texas post their land "No Hunting."

Simple tresspassing means (in this state) "entering onto or remaining upon posted land after one has been requested to depart." In other words, if it's not posted, but the land owner drives up in a Jeep and says "You are on private property---Get off," then you'd best be on your way and quickly.

Criminal Tresspassing is doing the above, but "while armed with a deadly weapon." See "hunting", above. This law is mostly used against unwelcome hunters, burglars who are armed but who were not captured in the house, and angry, potentially violent ex-husbands or ex-boyfriends. Be careful that you are not carrying an illegal knife or a gun on railroad property. You could be charged with criminal tresspassing. This is a felony.

The last applicable law is "Interfering With Railroad Operations." This was designed to punish dynamiters, saboteurs and labor strikers, but in modern times it is occasionally used to charge vandals who break signal lights or place rocks in switches, etc. This is a serious felony. If one's vandalism injures someone in a railroad accident or derailment, you could get 25 years. Or more, maybe. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER vandalize railroad property. Not only is it a serious crime, but it's lame as shit. Only punk-ass weenie bitches vandalize railroad property. If I catch a railroad vandal, he's going to get thumped. It brings down the heat on everybody, and they tar us all with the same brush.

Be friendly and polite to anybody associated with the railroad. Never rat off a railie who helped you. If you get busted, just grit your teeth and be a stand-up guy. We all know that writing (and tresspassing on railroad property) is illegal. Getting busted is just part of the game. If you can't handle it, then stay off railroad property. Regardless, if you do or don't, never say "But that MoW worker over there said it was okay!" He doesn't have the authority to say shit. You know the score. It's a risk. If you can't deal with the potential consequences, then don't take the risk. Simple.

Guest fr8lover

Re: Double-track Main

Originally posted by KaBar

Simple tresspassing means (in this state) "entering onto or remaining upon posted land after one has been requested to depart." In other words, if it's not posted, but the land owner drives up in a Jeep and says "You are on private property---Get off," then you'd best be on your way and quickly.

Criminal Tresspassing is doing the above, but "while armed with a deadly weapon." See "hunting", above. This law is mostly used against unwelcome hunters, burglars who are armed but who were not captured in the house, and angry, potentially violent ex-husbands or ex-boyfriends. Be careful that you are not carrying an illegal knife or a gun on railroad property. You could be charged with criminal tresspassing. This is a felony.

good information...

Originally posted by me IS cool

I say do what you feel like. But do keep in mind that if you do paint the wall and other writers use that spot to paint trains you will make it harder for everyone to paint this spot. And may cause beef.

Exactly how a good train spot goes the shitter! Kids burning spots by painting the walls or surrounding objects!

;)

i dont know if this has been said or not cause i just scrolled down to reply but here goes......check out around the spot make sure there are no lay-ups or yards cause if you paint that wall then not only have you blown the wall but itll more than likely blow the up the lay-ups/yards near the area....wich will piss off a bunch of people so do your home work fuck......

.....sorry if i come off as a dick but im a lil drunk:D

Archived