Alcoholism

Step8

Yeah Sleaze!

That little situation sounds gnarly. Sucks having substances still manage to almost fuck your shit up even when you're doing your part to stay away from them. I've dealt with some of this.

I'm super hyped to have been a catalyst in the skateboard/job deal. Telling myself to get up and go fucking skate has gotten my through some otherwise shitty moments. Hope you're still at it. Sorry i haven't really hollered recently. Just busy and forgetting to respond at times, but i'm by no means ignoring anything from you. Congrats to the new year marker... whoever that may be. Hope you're all doing well.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Also, crazy thing happened. Went to visit an old co-worker. I did not see her drinking, and was not under the impression she was, cause she seemed her usual self. we get in the car to get pizza,and all of a sudden, she's all over the place, on the other side of the road, almost hitting cars. I take control of the wheel and avoid 3 or 4 almost accidents. She starts freaking out, telling me to let go of the wheel, and that she's a "good driver." I'm panicking at this point fpr safety's sake, and we pull over in a parking lot.

I know she has gotten a DUI before, but thought she learned her lesson. I'm pissed she did that, but annoyed I couldn't tell, and stop it before it happening.

After we got back she was calling on the phone, cursing at customer service reps, calling her exes and saying mean things, and then complaining that she has no one at 40 years old.

this is what alcohol does, it's sad. Not judging, because I've done embarrassing things on liquor, but I do not want to end up like that.

damn dude wtf, a friend of mine was driving downtown on the highway in houston, hella fucking traffic, and he got in a fight with is girl

She pulled the fucking e brake and they did like at least a 360 spinning wildly . I think he made her walk home from there after almost killing them and avoiding death by inches,

Also another dude i know in San antonio (niggas crazy) was driving with his girl drunk, she opens the door to his Jeep and tried to jump the fuck out... grabs on to the door handle and is dragging feet on the pavement......... :eek:

dudes the way to kill cravings instantly is by grubbing down on some sugar....

our body is so used to the high levels of sugar from processing alcohol that it hardly knows the difference after you chow down on a snickers or in my case some sour candy.

it works.

hella happy to see all you dudes in here vibing and helping each other out.

i have been taking 3 hour classes 3 nights a week and with 40 hour work weeks it has been hella hard to stay plugged in to meetings and stuff.

started a new job on monday and had an interview for a county job on wed. if all goes well I will be on my way to a pension and dope benefits in the next few weeks. i feel bad having to leave this new job but at least I have options.

NONE of this would even be in the cards if I had not stopped drinking and using.

That's that. Stay up bros.

TEAM SOBER.

• Like 1

Catchin up on this thread. Ralphy, i love your lil updates..i hope it gives others some insight that it is possible.

I loved 'Million little pieces' (regardless of what Oprah said) as well as its sequel 'My Friend Leonard'

i got totally obsessed with james frey when it was released and was a frequent reader of his blog.

-Anybody wanna peanut-

use it.

i gave it up for a reason...that number never changes.

good luck man

welcome Brickos...I will agree with everyone else-

ya gotta do it for YOU.

Shai--POZ---sayWHAT..RED..Sleazeside...everyone stay up.

hardest shit to do..

but im pretty sure its worth it, and the self worth that is gained from it must be rewarding as ever.

• Like 1

welcome Brickos...I will agree with everyone else-

ya gotta do it for YOU.

Understand.

Not giving up drinking because of her... We had some lovely beers the other day.

I was well aware I needed to cut back and having someone there to support is good.

Monday night, no beers, no greens... Can't remember the last time that was (5 odd yrs).

I just want to cut back and have the odd night off here and there.

Having tonight off again but with some greens, ha.

18 months ago, took 6 weeks off due to a broken leg... Still was on the natural green pain killers.

It had been building up in the last five years... Unexpected break-up / retrenchment (2 months off work) / strata issues (bullshit financial strain), slowly creeping up.

Somethings were beyond my control... Other problems were caused by me being out of control.

Advertising is a bitch of an industry to avoid booze... In the past month my intake has decreased dramatically.

I'm in a better place... Could it do with more work... Yes... Am I happier for it...? Definitely.

i guess you could look at the fact that you didn't get wasted throughout your injury downtime as a good sign... haha. I would have sat on my ass getting wasted every day if i had been in your shoes and not on the sober tip. either way, do what works for you.

good luck.

Broke my ankle on the Wednesday night (after four beers... my fault)... Back at work the following Wednesday.

Didn't want to be the bloke at the pub on crutches getting drunk and breaking the other leg... Not a good look.

May I add yes I was getting wasted too much but I've been employed the whole time, paying a mortgage... Etc etc

Anyways had last night off and didn't really enjoy the hong kongs by themselves... Next week no brews or greens.

Aa works. Just go and listen. Domtactlikeudomt haveanextrahour. Just getup and do it

Yo! Bloodfart big fucking congratulations! Tats huge. I don't kno u very well or at all but tits or gtfo....wait I mean lemme pee in ur butt. No no that's not the right one...oh yeah, give ur self a pat on the back 1 year is huge. Real fuckin huge

A fine is least of yours worries

ive spent well over $35,000 on fuckups due to booze in the last 5 years alone, excluding this latest legal adventure.

fortunate to have not killed anyone or myself.

Mine says $11,000

:(

with the impound cost, along with retainers and whatnot it will be well over 13,500.

not tryna post a sob story or nothin.

merely stating that if you care about your wallet more than your health, heres proof that liquor devastates both.

It's alright I got that shit on lock now, the fine was rising until I put it on a payment plan last week.

So now I can get my drivers license back and that shit won't go up anymore.

No impound costs because my car is currently unregistered and sitting way out in the country where the debt collectors cant get to it, that being said I will have to run it through the pits, and it being an old car that will cost a shitload when the bean counters pick up every little problem with it.

Ahh well, one cannot win them all. paper problems baby.

@ralphy yeah man it's time. i am a HALT violator like a motherfucker.

For the unfamiliar it stands for:

Hungry

Angry

Lonely

Tired

... as being feelings that lead to needing a drink or six or fifteen.

I was 3/4 most days and nights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...