Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
swif ^^^

for a lot of folks, it only takes once.....most of us cannot control our drinking, i applaud you for being able to do so, but I know that for me control is not in the cards.

it only takes one night, it starts off as 4 beers....

Yeah, I know the feeling. I felt my hands always had to have a beverage at all times when I go out. What made it worse was I was drinking scotch neat (no ice).

So like I said, my sobriety started with the OD death of my best friend. Since then I've moved away and taken strides to better my life, working a strong program. Me, him and our very close friends were all using together. When we lost him and our worlds all got flipped upside down we all took steps to get clean. Sure it was probably easier for me considering I was the one that actually witnessed his death, all I have to do when I feel like using is bring that image back up. So I just checked up on my hometown and all of my close friends excluding the one that's currently in an inpatient program are fucking using again. It just breaks my heart. I just don't see how you could do that, how you could disrespect his memory like that. I don't think I could ever bring myself to pick up a drink or drug again, it just seems like spitting on his grave. I wish so much that they'd all just realize that, and that they're risking their own lives. But I guess the only person I can really take care of is myself. And I'm sober. Sorry if I'm rambling but I couldn't get to a meeting and I just needed to share this with someone. Keep them in your prayers.

I wish so much that they'd all just realize that, and that they're risking their own lives. But I guess the only person I can really take care of is myself. And I'm sober.

you speak the truth bro.

focus on yourself.

the attempts you make at bettering yourself may just rub off on your peers.

lead by example.

sorry to hear about your friend, but wherever he is, im sure he'd be honored that his death inspired some change and encouraged you to be the best you can be.

keep your head up homey.

peace.

ps. props to all of you as soon as im not 24'd.

IT's EASY TO GET DRUNK.

IT's HARD TO GET SOBER.

IT's SMART TO WORK AT SOMETHING.

IT's DUMB TO BE LAZY AND DO NOTHING.

ANOTHER THING TO REALIZE IS WHEN YOU DO SOBER UP YOU WANT AND NEED TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE DO THE SAME, BUT IT JUST WILL HAPPEN IF THEY WANT TO.

I HAVE PRICK "FREINDS" THAT WERE HELLA HAPPY TO SEE ME DRINK THE 4 TIMES THIS MONTH, "IT's GOOD TO HAVE YOU HANG OUT AGAIN."

FAKE FREINDS THAT WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING THAT I'VE TRIED TO HELP GET SOBER WHEN I WAS ROLLIN THE 8 YEARS STR8.

NO JOB

NO VEHICLE

NOTHING THEY CAN LOOK AT AS THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

FIX YOU, I'LL FIX ME,

AND WE'LL ALL KEEP SHARING OUR UPHILL AND DOWNHILL STORIES.

PEACE-

• Like 1

It's easy to GET sober, its hard to STAY sober.

It took me 4 years of really trying to get that one year sober. It was always a piece of cake going through the physical wd's for a week or so...the month or two afterwards with the mental wd's always got me. I couldn't take the anxiety, lack of motivation, depression, and cravings that came in that time. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin, i would usually cave.

I'm coming up on 3 years this October...getting through that first year motivates me to never want to get back in that place again.

crackalackin: ramble all you want man!

• Like 1

It's easy to GET sober, its hard to STAY sober.

quote]

NO,

NOT EASY TO GET SOBER.

(UNLESS YOU'RE TALKING LIKE FOR 1 DAY?)

AND ONLY IF YOU LOOK AT IT 24 HRS AT A TIME, CAN IT CAN BE MANAGED EASIER.

TO EACH HIS OWN.

JUST LIKE THE "HIGHER POWER' CONVO,

YOU DECIDE WHAT FUELS YOUR OWN MOTIVATION AS IT CAN BE DIFFERENT FOR ALL OF US.

YES SOME CHOOSE GOD, GRAFF, HELL I CHOSE A CAN OF GRIZZLY WINTERGREEN AND A NEW JOB I WOULD COMPLETELY BURY MY THOUGHTS ON AND MOVE UP IN THE COMPANY.

BLAH,,,BLAH,,,BLAH,,,DON'T DRINK!

LOL

AND

PEACE-

AND ON A LOL-ING SIDE NOTE,

RELAPSING FOR ME IS LIKE WAKING UP WITH A FAT CHICK IN MY BED,

GUILT OMELETTE FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER.

GOTTA START SOMEWHERE AND KEEP IT POSITIVE WITH SOME EXCERCISE,

AND OF COURSE THE GRAFF-DANCING WILL MARCH ON.

been working with a sponsee and i took on a six month meeting secretary role (biweekly)

trying to stay in the middle of the pack.

the more i have thought recently about the "success of AA" argument.....

sure the majority does not stay sober completely.....but that does not mean that the program has failed.

if people are exposed to the program, even if they go in and out and relapse often....odds are that each time they take a little something with them. maybe it helps them to stay out of jail, or to not drink and get behind the wheel.

my point is that even the small battles with alcohol are victories if people change their behavior and continue to improve.

props swindle, keep it up holmes.

AND ON A LOL-ING SIDE NOTE,

RELAPSING FOR ME IS LIKE WAKING UP WITH A FAT CHICK IN MY BED,

GUILT OMELETTE FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER.

I wouldn't mind waking up next to a fat chick, western omelette for breakfsast lunch and dinner.

on a real side-note... things are looking better on my side. I'm too busy to even type it out, but I'll update tomorrow possibly.

honestly, one cool thing about meetigns was seeing this girl, i remmeber i saw her once, totally fucked up, face all cracked out. and then i saw her again a few days later and she looked clean that was cool..

AND WHY CAN'T YOU SPIT THAT,

"HEY WE SHOULD BE EACHOTHERS SPONSOR" GAME?

2 BIRDS WITH ONE STONE.

KEEP EACHOTHER SOBER,,,, AND HIT THAT SHIT!

Its called 13th steppin her.....

There are so many easy broads in the program...its like shooting wounded fish in a barrel, thank god im married.

sponsee has been calling me everyday by 10am.....we have done steps 1-3 and he is reading the first 164 pages of the big book.

its crazy, you invest time and energy into a sponsee...but you cant let yourself get angry/upset if they relapse, kind of a hard thing to do.

haven't heard from my brother in a while....hope he is still not drinking

hey folks. hope all are doing well in your battles against the demon that is drug/alcohol addiction. im not proud to say i havent really been drinking at all, partly because i have been strung out for the last four months or so. i never really drink when im doing heroin, but the second i stop im sure it will once again become a crutch for the difficulties/pain in life. maybe not.

i started using again shortly after my girl got locked up in june, and it quickly developed into a habit. two weekends ago i got really sick trying to go cold turkey, only to start throwing up blood and bile and having the worst body and stomach cramps ive ever experienced. i could no longer breathe and decided the emergency room was absolutely necessary. it turns out i had the flu, and a little condition known as severe acute opioid withdrawal syndrome. stayed in the hospital one night while they pumped me with fluids and non-opiate nausea and pain medication. i hated myself the morning i left because i knew the second i got out i was going to cop. i ended up staying sober for about eight hours after my release and fucked up again.

today, i am really hoping my unemployment check comes, although im not sure it will because yesterday the post office was closed for columbus day. i was hoping to buy five bags, and five suboxone sublingual films, and say a (perhaps) final goodbye to my beloved, abusive significant other.. heroin.

for now ill lay in bed dopesick waiting for the mailman.

good luck everyone!

• Like 1

how do you get started on heroin. is someone like here, you should try this cool stuff called heroin and you're like, "heroin, the stuff i was warned all my life about? no, it couldnt be that they must mean something ele, sure ill try some of your magic pixie dust"

its crazy how people get drawn into using.....

family influence, peers, mental illness, boredom.

i cant speak for dahmer but there was a point in my life in my early twenties i would do just about anything, its like you think you are invincible.

heroin was all around where i lived when i was growing up, maybe its been drilled into my head more than other people. i dont think i know anyone who has done it.

now ice is really bad here, everyone is treating it like a party drug, like its not going to take over their lives.