Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Step8

Alcoholism

There is no reasonable comparison between cigarettes and heroin, it is nonsensical. 

On the sobriety front, my wife is out of town which means that I have an opportunity to use without anyone in my family knowing about it. It is not too much of a challenge and there are still barriers built into my lifestyle like working a job with random drug testing etc. but it reminds me of how much harder it was to resist the urge to use in the beginning and during the first few years. With many years clean it is easy to judge others and diminish in perception the challenges and hazards associated with narcotics, I am kind of happy to have a reminder, however mild, of what the struggle is really like.

I have other family coming into town soon so the window will close by the weekend anyway.

• Like 3

I am currently trying to quit drinking, or at least slow tf down. I get real anxious in the mornings when i dont have a beer. Been drinking at least 4 or 5 24 ozs a day for about 3 months straight. Im also on some other rx meds and it seems like im getting further and further away from reality. Time to chill. I drank 2 24s today, gonna try to drink just 1 tomorrow.

• Props 1

On 3/20/2019 at 4:35 AM, morton said:

There is no reasonable comparison between cigarettes and heroin, it is nonsensical. 

On the sobriety front, my wife is out of town which means that I have an opportunity to use without anyone in my family knowing about it. It is not too much of a challenge and there are still barriers built into my lifestyle like working a job with random drug testing etc. but it reminds me of how much harder it was to resist the urge to use in the beginning and during the first few years. With many years clean it is easy to judge others and diminish in perception the challenges and hazards associated with narcotics, I am kind of happy to have a reminder, however mild, of what the struggle is really like.

I have other family coming into town soon so the window will close by the weekend anyway.

Stay strong holmes! Junky life aint anywhere you want to be, im sure you know

Haven't drank in over 12 years - sometimes you feel so far removed from the past your tempted to pick it up again. 

Feeling safe and in control can be dangerous. 

For anyone that needs a alternative support (since this thread is slow), Reddit has r/stopdrinking

• Props 2

This third year is definitely throwing plenty of days/situations that historically would always be tackled with copious amounts of alcohol and ranting to the abyss of 12oz.

Thank God for a strong foundation made possible by people like POZ and others in this thread that carried the message to me. Oceans away but in the same state of mind. This was legitimately my final source of outside communication with a world I felt I'd rejected first - before it could reject me.

RIP POZ

Props to anyone out there trying to make a change in your life, whatever path you choose I wish you success.

• Truth 1
  • Props 2

Posted (edited)

being a alcoholic i only change wen i have to i live this way cuz its best for me ,but only i decide wats best for me , i will always figure out wat i need and wat  i want 

Edited by brothhalynch

after a long day of work or after working out my urge to have a drink always increases. I probably avg 4-5 beers a day, but then i'll get caught up in a project and not drink for weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Still sober....

My lady handed me a beer to hold yesterday - nice cold beer on a hot Los Angeles afternoon. I smelled the hops and fantasized about taking a deep pull....I would likely drink in a controlled manner. I would hold it together, for a few weeks at least.

Soon enough I would be back to the three ring shit show.

That being said, I had a few pretty good non-alcoholic beers over the last week. Fuck it. I guess i am satisfied with pacifying the beast. 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 2

God speed all yall wild folks in my boat. Do some shrooms helped it helped me cut back. Find some peace in nature. Buy bottled water and slam em.

• Props 1