Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Step8

Alcoholism

I'm headed to a rehab for a year. Shit is real. I leave in a week.

:/

whole-lee shit, that's big. i hope it's a good move.

will send a writing address if you'd like.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When I can smoke weed I barely drink. When I take a hiatus I start drinking like a fish, almost everyday now. It's more mental than physical.

My body never really begs me for a drink, but I think several different ways that eventually convince me to go get a bottle or a 6 pack.

I wish everyone success in their battle with these urges, it's a hard time of year when it's so fucking cold and little else to do.

I've given up weed after 20yrs of smoking daily (with the exception 2004-2007 which only twice a week).

Drinking a "normal" amount after the last 7yrs which was pretty hectic, was averaging anywhere from 6-12 beers daily.

I'm headed to a rehab for a year. Shit is real. I leave in a week.

:/

This happening? Good luck man.

Coming up on 9 years sober a little later this year....

I am a state certified drug and alcohol counselor now.

Hope all you dudes struggling find some peace.

• Like 2

Checking in. Shit, it's been quite some time. The last couple of years have been tough. I started taking a xanax once a week for a conference call at work, within a year i was taking them everyday. Thought i would throw in opiates for a little fun too and bam! right back to where i was in late 2007 after almost 4 years sober. I stopped going to meetings, and doing all the things others suggested i do and my sobriety took a backseat. I had to go out of state to detox because no treatment center in my state would detox me from the amount of methadone i was on ( had to get to 30-40 mgs, no way in hell i could taper down to a dose that low.) The detox was by far the hardest and longest i have ever gone through. My 50 days in Central Michigan are a blur now, but coming off a high dose daily methadone, klonopin, and ambien habit was a living nightmare. I'll spare the war stories. I'm grateful to have my wife back, my job still intact, and most importantly my health. The PAWS are still in full affect, but I'm grateful to be able to finally now to get a full nights sleep after almost 8 months. On the 16th, i will be 8 months clean and sober thanks to AA/NA and for that I'm truly grateful.

RIP UGENE.

• Like 3

Have a bit over a year sober now, went from xanax/roxis/meth everyday for 3 years to drinking everyday, to getting back to xanax, but in high quantities. Overdosed for the first time last October, and it was just a shit show from that point, OD'ing every few weeks, everything just fucking sucked, I was ready to die. Wound up getting sent away to a few rehabs and psych wards and got my shit together on January 28, 2015, been hitting meetings everyday still, trying to keep myself relatively sane. I do that by going to meetings, talking to people in the rooms, and writing, writing relieves me of my apathy and anger, and the rest keeps me from wanting to die, or get high.

Lost my boy Devin a couple weeks back while I was in LV, this shit isn't a joke, he had been sober and just went back for "one last time" and it really was his last, rest in power brother, everyone else keep fighting this shit.

• Like 2

RIP pitofzombies

Don't know any details and wouldn't post them if I did. But he was a contributor to this thread and I figured you guys might care. I remember multiple times where he said this was the most important thread on the entire site so it felt right to post it here instead of making a thread.

Wish we chilled while I was in PDX Quincy.

Keep it up. Eventually the cravings completely stop. With some people it takes months, others take years but they do stop.

Yea man, Im pretty lucky, the craving went away after like 3 months, and its just been kinda sporadic, no real intense cravings now, still get drug dreams every few months or whatever but no real internal pressure to use.

RIP pitofzombies

Don't know any details and wouldn't post them if I did. But he was a contributor to this thread and I figured you guys might care. I remember multiple times where he said this was the most important thread on the entire site so it felt right to post it here instead of making a thread.

RIP, didn't know him but its always a strong and harsh reminder of how fucked up this disease is; we are losing soldiers everyday.

RIP pitofzombies

always tragic when we lose an oontzer

i'm very sorry to hear this news

Rest In Power

hey everyone I hope you all are staying strong and doing well. ive just been sittin sideline ...reading this thread every now and then but not signin in to speak; super focused on major events. I have remained n touch with several of you outside of here and appreciate it more than you know. Hearing of Quincy passing was a tough one. hearing all the comments and such related to it just reinforces the good, solid person I thought he was. rest in peace to him, sincerely.

I had reached out to another oontzer (anybody wanna peanut) to inform him of this horrible news because I know he would take in what Quincy had to say. it had been about a month since we exchanged texts and I found it odd that he was not responding after daily calls and or texts. I had to reach out to a friend of his back in NJ, only to be informed that CJ, (anybody wanna peanut) had passed last Wednesday. I know he had been to rehab several times and he had just finished rehab right before his death. I don't know the cause of his death but I am super bummed right now. we grew very very close and got some hang times in during one of my Pittsburgh visits. we connected like no other. I know he has a current gf and was getting his chef thing on, proud of his menu he was able to create and the dishes he would plate. I thought he was on a great path but also knew he would slip every now and then. I don't know if I'm posting this more to inform you or more to vent. hang in there everyone. the demons are strong