Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my mother called me yesterday and told me her 4th husband got fired after a 6 day binge. She is getting a divorce. She is an alcoholic, and I am too. She met her (current) husband in rehab. Divorced 3 times because of her, or her husbands, alcoholism. I drink every day, not get drunk, but drink, and sometimes I have trouble sleeping if i don't. I get drunk about once a month, and it's by myself, and it's very light-hearted and fun, I usually chop wood and split logs, and sing merle haggard out loud until about 2 am. I live in the woods. I do think that I am an alcoholic because I drink every day, and if I don't I notice something is missing. However I don't get drunk, so I can't figure it out. However, I know that from my horribly fucked up childhood, what it's like to have alcoholic parents. I hope that I can remember that when I have children...

I hate it when my friends,= who smoke instead of drink tell me i drink too often, when they high every day.

My ex used to try and talk about drunk drivers while she would drive around high all day and claim it wasn't "as bad." It might not be "as bad" but impairment is impairment as far as cars driving cars go. Being overly cautious to the point of second guessing every decision you make while driving high is just as dangerous as being reckless and drunk. Shit drove me nuts. Not to mention the fact that weed makes people into armchair philosophers and they have all these idiotic insights into what everyone else who isn't high is doing. So they always have an obvious opinion about shit.

weed is only bad in that it makes you lazy and lets you be satisfied without achieving anything in your life.

This only happens if you are lazy in the first place.

i gave him posis. because delerium is wack. and i agree with him.

Thanks for pointing that out...now u can rock a tampon with your boy.

This guy i work with was working late on friday and drank a 12 pack and a pint of vodka on the job...

Dude was buzzin and just left the bottles in the open, everyone on monday saw the shit. Fuckin idiot.

That's beat.

We used to sneak into this pool that was way up in the hills and through the woods.

Perfect for after bar summer nights.

Until people started leaving bottles behind and ruined it for all.

I can see your workplace getting stricter about people smelling like a tiny hint of booze now.

the past 3 years the longest i didn't have a drink was about 2 weeks (drinking about 5 days week .), cause i had an awful sinus infection ,then for a couple months i drank almost everyday , but i went sober for 4-5 days and now i only drink about 3 nights a week, will power niggers!!

if y'all need help, there are programs and people willing to help. I know it's cliche, but admitting/realizing it is starting to get out of control, or your life has become unmanageable in general, is the first step toward a better life.

Not everyone who drinks regularly is an alcoholic, but if you feel it is affecting your life negatively, or that when you try to stop you don't or can't, maybe it's time to try something different and positive. It takes a real man to admit defeat to something as powerful as the bottle.

~friendofbillthatfellbackunderthewheels

menace to sobriety hahah

its a lovely ass sunny day in san fran, i want nothing more than to enjoy a shitload of beer by the waterfront, then drunk drive all around the city.

but im not.

so that means im not an alcoholic.

i got a bunch of beer in my fridge, fat tire, mickeys, blue moon, and a MGD. But im not drinking.

For the last 3 or 4 years I haven't gone more than a few days sober at a time (except for the first 45 days of my house arrest, and 10 days in prison), and even those 2 or 3 days stretches are very rare. I usually get drunk at least 6 nights out of the week, usually 7.

That said, I still don't think of myself as an alcoholic really. I don't (usually) drink during the day, I don't drink alone, I just happen to go out and hang out at bars with my friends almost every night haha

Me and my ex used to fight about the definition of an alcoholic quite a bit, because she would try to throw it at me all the time when she was pissed. I might of drank alot more and alot more often, but both her parents were raging alcoholics, and she'd get really mean after even one drink sometimes. I don't know, but to me that's alot worse