Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 2/23/2024 at 4:09 AM, morton said:

I actually would not think that a person who harms others would be happy, I would expect for them to be suffering. I would try to build both practical (external) and spiritual (internal) boundaries, often that is all that can be done and therefore the best course definitively.

As to your first point, for sure, a positive feedback loop or return can take a really, really long time to come back around and sometimes it never will except in that is should be much more forgiving than a negative feedback loop which has a tendency to react a lot faster.

Sorry to hear a person say they hold hate in their heart for themselves, although I can relate. Just like with the return on investment from doing the right thing forgiveness can take a long time and ebb and flow with the years. I endeavor to be patient if nothing else.

I personally don't really fuck with na beers very often at all, I can feel my old using self wake up a little, like a sleeping dragon when an explores disturbs some stones near the lairs entrance.

Some great points there, thank you for your perspective. I’m finding myself giving positive feedback to me more than ever now. Seems like if that’s what I crave it has to start with me anyways. 

I sympathize with the NA beers. I had my last one last weekend, I’m done with them specifically for the reason you are; it’s like a tease to it. The small amount of alcohol in it definitely feeds that dragon forsure. Kinda like lying to myself with it. I’m not smoking bud either now gunna do a full 90 days and see where I’m at then. April 10th I’m 3 months sober from alc. feeling good.

@fat ralphysaddened to hear about your alls boy, may he rest in piece. Will be praying for everyone who’s heart he touch that is shriveled by the loss of the legend. 

stay up fellas. 

• Props 2

On the devils advocate tip - NA's have hella helped me along the way. 

They are for sure 100% a slippery slope for any alcoholic - there have been 3 instances in 16 years that I ended up sipping a regular brew because I thought it was an NA.

This happened twice in restaurants and once when a regular was mixed into an NA 6 pack. That said I could tell immediately after the first sip - which is kinda wild if you think about it. 

Me and my chick like this ice cream spot and often times the flavors of the month will have alcohol - flavor in question last week was Vanilla Caramel Bourbon or some shit. 

I figured it cant be a significant amount of alcohol - my girl says naw dude you dont get to order that, and she samples it like the taste tester for the king.

She was surprised and felt like the shit had quite a punch.

So I ask the staff who makes the ice cream? We do.

How do you add the alcohol?

After its made we just pour in a bunch and stir it up.

Point is - be cautious, somethings are not for everyone and some things you think are ok probably are not. 

Thanks for the kind words - poor Joonee. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Sounds like you have a good woman behind you. Wonder when they will add canna-infused.

sitting in an AA meeting right now talking about the 12th step. 

had the opportunity to shed some light on fellow alcys and addicts the past 2 days wrapping up some time in the county. Couldn’t wait to hit a meeting today. Hit a Waffle House just before this then trusted a fart; all good under the hood so I’m going to start trusting myself more. 

• Like 1

I definitely don’t think I would have stopped the first time without drinking NA’s. I probably went a good year drinking them everyday and reprogramming myself. Get off work and immediately buy a 6 of Clausthaler to fulfill the craving. I don’t really drink them often anymore. Empty calories and expensive.

• Like 1