Alcoholism

Step8

I haven't stopped drinking, but the periods (short periods) of sobriety are getting closer together.

I find it to be pretty common that,after I stop drinking for 5-7 days, I feel great, and taking a drink feels good, but I only have a couple. This is the first introduction of the "maybe I can drink like normal people" thought process, which inevitably leads me back to hard liquor and morning/afternoon drinks.

Yesterday I had a morning drink, and drank all day, and had very random and unpredictable emotions/anger. I also noticed that when I was going to bed my heart wouldn't slow down like it should. The physical symptoms of long term drinking are very real.

Tomorrow, I am not going to have a drink, and after this one beer is gone, I am not having another. It has only been two weeks since my last brief hiatus, before that it was a month or so, a couple times, but before July of last year, it had been over 10 years since I went 3 days without drinking...

One day at a time. Fake it till you make it. ONER.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Also, I try not to give advice, because I am not in the position to give it. Just want to share personal experience in case anyone can relate to it.

Glad to see familiar names in here, HALT and RID are helpful ways to understand yourself a little better, and understand more of the physical side of the issue. Understanding the 'whys' helps me a lot.

Stay up everybody, not gonna name names, everybody stay up.

Anybody here have experience getting off Suboxone? I was in recovery for a long time. I used to do AA, NA, went to rehab years ago. I stopped all drugs, drink every once and awhile, but hate it. The thing is, Ive been on Subs for like 5 years and I cant get off. Shit is hard. Any oontzers? This is a new screen name too. Ive been following 12oz since it started practically...

• Like 1

been feeling good not being hungover and feeling like a p.o.s. all the time. From physical work i feel like crap every morning with my sore muscles, and neck pains from the pillow i sleep on, but that's still tenfold better than my average hangover. I have drank few and far between at block parties/birthday parties/social hangouts, and have gotten maybe one or two headaches next morning, but feels so much better than that doing that a few times a week. I've cut back so significantly...i don't hang out at bars and throw my money away anymore. real progress being made.

I was sick last week and couldn't smoke any cigarettes due to my obvious lung irritations, I inhaled some sand.sawdust, and other crap, so with smoking made it much worse. Went through some intense withdrawl symptoms, constant cold sweats at night were the worst. Even with a cool breeze from the window, I soaked my sheets from the sweat and could not sleep well. It did pass. I bought a pack few days after, and it was so not satisfying like i thought it would be, Which is a good thing...after not doing it for a bit, it's gross when you do. So I'm not there yet, but in the first steps of quitting smoking, Weening off slowly.

Noticed my one friend's behavior of constant casual boozing to where it was an overflow, but they didn't realize. The point where they kind of place drinking around all social activities, and don't want to hang with people who don't, buying 4 cases at a time, liters of liquor, and boxes and boxes of wine. Seeing that in bulk makes me think what I did/am doing to my own liver and body, and i'm not too into that.

ramblin', but the point I was making is that even though Ill slip up, I've been doing great overall, and even that little change has been really good for me. Not getting down when I do drink, and taking that as a step to not next time. You guys said baby steps and one day at a time, and it's totally true. i didn't see it then, but it makes sense, you do what you can. Hope all you nurgas have been doing good or better with your struggles and have stayed out of trouble. Not easy, but i guess nothing good ever is.ok ill stop. peace.

Sleaze-youre doing good man.

how's everyone doing.

I wish i was closer to some of you.

I didn't quite understand the importance of being there for someone and what actual support means until i was on the other end of it.

I received texts from 2 different fellow oontzers this weekend, in which both made me slightly emotional..in an odd and hard to explain type of way.

I hope you all are doing well. sincerely.

One foot in front of the other around here, actually had to wrestle around with the idea of having a drink this evening. The amount of time I have alone is really really small and with the GF out of the house for the evening I totally started planning out grabbing a six pack and a joint.

Instead I am just going to do the same shit I always do but read in bed instead of on the couch because the TV is off.

I just wanted to give a big shout out to sizes. She may have saved my life the other night. I was blessed with the number and lucky e nuff I was able to talk it out. Just wanted to share that here. Picking up the phone can be hard but it can also save you from a relapse. Anybody who needs a number to call canpm me and I'll be happy to given my digits next time I check the oontz.

Aight, yous guys. Check this out.

If you read my walls of text, you've probably caught up on my situation, i know it's a problem and have been taking a lot more 'breaks' these days ("i'm going to stay sober today" is my mantra), and overall things in life have gotten better. Got a good job, and got 3 raises and a promotion within 2 months.

SO yeah, yesterday I get a call from the highest up on my day off, he was asking me to step up to manager! Salary, benefits, less bullshit, paid vacation, bonuses, etc. Even funnier to me, I had planned to get out and do some fun shit that I used to do with al old friend, but instead ended up realizing what I used to do was getting me nowhere, and what I am doing now is working just fine.

I think I had what alcoholics refer to as 'a moment of clarity.'

• Like 1

Get that, red. You deserve it, mate. Stay with it, you've got superior skills - love the gift.

Fallen in a bit of a hole myself. Working on the basics. Filling days with tasks that must be completed before the first sip. First stip is still too soon.

Met a girl from Colorado on Saturday night.

Had the hook baited and didn't reel it in because I didn't want to bring someone else into my bullshit.

This problem has a face. It's in the mirror.

FUCK.

I guess I have developed some social responsibility?

Everyone knows just what to say once they get caught.

I give huge props to the people on this thread. Even the ones who do not do so good at controlling. To come here and share, takes alot of courage. Even if it does not show, there are people who read this and do not say anything, but it still makes an impact on them.

CIL = one of those people

• Like 1

Get that, red. You deserve it, mate. Stay with it, you've got superior skills - love the gift.

Fallen in a bit of a hole myself. Working on the basics. Filling days with tasks that must be completed before the first sip. First stip is still too soon.

Met a girl from Colorado on Saturday night.

Had the hook baited and didn't reel it in because I didn't want to bring someone else into my bullshit.

This problem has a face. It's in the mirror.

FUCK.

I guess I have developed some social responsibility?

Everyone knows just what to say once they get caught.

now it's over and done but if you wanted it you should have gone for it. everyone has their problems.. if we could only see, what a trip it would be. you may think you're a bad influence but despite your past actions, the future is unwritten. IT'S UP TO YOU.. give yourself some credit

sometimes, your "bullshit" can save somebody's life or make them see life differently.. wacked out huh