Official Hip-Hop Thread

IDrinkSprite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE QUICKER THAT PEOPLE WILL REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYONE LISTEN TO THE SAME MUSIC, THE WORLD WIL BE A HAPPIER PLACE.. I LIKE HIP HOP< MY MOTHER DOESN'T, OH WELL.. I AM DOWN WITH HARDCORE< PUNKROCK< COUNTRY, ITS NOT THE LABELS, IT IS THE SONGS AND ARTIST. I USED TO GET PISSED OFF AT THE JIGGY SHIT ON THE RADIO, THEN REALIZED that I CAN CHANGE THE CHANNEL< OTHERS OUT THERE LIKE IT.

I will make my top twenty hip hop list..

no particualr order,....

1)KOOL G RAP

2)PERCEE P

3)SCARFACE

4)RUN DMC

5)DUCK DOWN CREW

6)HEIROGLYPHICS

7)FREDDIE BRUNO

8)NON PHIXION

9)Mr.LIF

10)BIG L

11)2pac

12)JERU THE DAMAJA

13)GRAVEDIGGAZ

14)xzibit

15)NAS(OLD NAS)

16)AZ

17)LORD FINESSE

18)RAKIM

19)mc JUICE

20)ATMOSPHERE

Originally posted by sneak

ima keep doing this till people learn how it goes down...

Krispy and Roots Manuva are dope.....the shit he pulled off with Skitz was ill......'97.-Harliquins from Germany are good......the old shit from '95....check out this cd called "Griots"......came out in '96....it has all kinds of good stuff on it......I know of more,but I just woke up,bro....and I have a hangover.

I hate hip hop but I go to the bboy summit

Originally posted by loudhardfast

i made no association with punk rock either, i was proving that hip hop had nothing to do with graffiti. i personally like most kinds of music including some "hip hop". but to me the "hip hop" culture is wack. im sorry, where i live all i hear all day long is "do you listen to anticon", or "hey are you going to that atmosphere show". yeah i have been to see all those motherfuckers, but that is besides the point. my original point was that i am tired of all these baggy pant wearing workmens outlet shopping, "hi i buy my paint at walmart" punk kids that listen to hip hop and try to live the culture. and yes they are lemmings, followers, just like all those kids that bite styles and carry around blackbooks to shows asking me what i write. i remember at bboy summit DOC TC5 even commented on how stupid kids are thses days. he was telling the kids how back in the day you didnt go around asking people what they wrote, or carrying around a black book to advertise that you paint graffiti. suburbia is slowly poisoning graffiti. and of course she will live, she has time and time again, but that doesnt make it any easier for the heads that truely love this lifestyle. there is a difference between those of us who live and breath graffiti, and the ones who purchase it at workmens outlet. excuse me for hating hip hop.

If you hate Hip Hop so much why did you attend the bboy summit? It dont get any more "Hip Hop " than that. I would think that someone who thinks hip hop culture is so wack would stay away from such an event. Oh, I forgot that's when it was cool to be into hip hop. The latest "trend" of Its not "cool" for a graff writer to be into Hip hop shit is getting old. It sounds to me that you are the lemming.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i dont know why people would want to lable themselves as being 'hip hop' or 'punk' or 'metal' or 'polka' or anything else. your just sticking yourself in a corner. there is tons of good music out there.

wether its rock, rap, jazz, etc etc etc. new or old. i like good songs. Sinatra, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Aesop Rock, Masterminds, even groups like Saves The Day.

Listen to what you like, doesnt matter what genre it is.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

i dont know why people would want to lable themselves as being 'hip hop' or 'punk' or 'metal' or 'polka' or anything else. your just sticking yourself in a corner. there is tons of good music out there.

wether its rock, rap, jazz, etc etc etc. new or old. i like good songs. Sinatra, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, Aesop Rock, Masterminds, even groups like Saves The Day.

Listen to what you like, doesnt matter what genre it is.

see this guy gets it. no need to label yourself hip hop. just like whatever music makes you happy.

prodigy is like 5' 2" n has been robbed more than 7-11.....on the other hand...

"Drop him off the roof of a buildin and let the news film him

I hop in front of the cameras and tell 'em how I'm feelin

I tell 'em how I feel that hip-hop, should deal wit it

Tell 'em how I'm tired of the state rappers in

Ninety percent of the shit that rappers kick is subject matter-less

Not original, but blasphemous, just a bunch of the same characters

shootin the same videos, it's embarassin

Usin the same formulas to have a hit

Usin the same actors and actresses, same shit different laxative"

can-i-bus is iLL..

four pages this quickly...wow LHF i see you achieved your goal with this nonsense...didnt take the time to read it all, but i see youve had a little entertainment today..hahaha....

dont have much to say about all this, but i'll agree with the point of the whole arguement--that being, graffiti no longer has anything to do with hiphop....its become its own entity, and will only continue to take its own path in growth...yeah, there will always be kids who listen to hiphop that write...but there will also be plenty more kids who are stuck on some punkrock,emo,hardcore,metal, or......brace yourselves hip hop fans.... there are kids out there painting who listen to country....

point being...graffiti is graffiti...there are no boundaries...we're all just a bunch of morons who find grace in writing our petty made up names on somebody elses shit...

Guest Can you sign my book???

What if I like timbos, what if i like triple 5 soul, what if i listen to hip hop when i go bombing, and dont give a fuck what some pseudo intellectual has to say about it....Some of you argue like this shit even matters....Man i happen to live hip-hop, i feel in my heart, but fuck ill still listen to janes addiction, like i did in junior high school, fuckin fifteen years ago...Who cares????I dont...Prententious nerds always want to turn something fun, into some philisophical debate about the stars and sun....Graffiti is hip-hop in my life, i certainly dont have any need to preach to you why....So what if some high school backpacker just copped the new big l freestyles,and recites all the new lyrics, but would never walk down 139 and lennox, walk away and laugh, thats what adults do......

Guest Can you sign my book???

Oh by the way:

Gangstarr-Skillz/Natural

Beatnuts-Buyin out the bar

Asheru and Blue Black-Soon Come

many more.......

Originally posted by Can you sign my book???

Oh by the way:

Gangstarr-Skillz/Natural

Beatnuts-Buyin out the bar

Asheru and Blue Black-Soon Come

many more.......

That Gangstarr single is ill.....for sure.....along with the other things you listed.....

Akinyele-The"Vagina Diner"cd is playing at the moment..

Guest willy.wonka

see this guy gets it. no need to label yourself hip hop. just like whatever music makes you happy.

hahaha..is that how you glorify yourself?

i said that on page one and you didnt get it at all.

hiphop is no phase in my life. it is a life style that i have choosen to live. along with it comes graffiti, that is what first turned me on to it. hiphop is the driving force in graffiti and you cant test that with any of your new theorys and idealism. they have become one and each time you put up a tag you contribute to the hiphop community. you may be meaning to contribeute to a differnt one, and you still are, but at the same time you give an equal amount to hiphop. quick over jerkin your gercin on this one, just because you dont like the music doesnt mean you have to come up for some reason why it isnt hiphop.

Originally posted by cultural me

hiphop is no phase in my life. it is a life style that i have choosen to live. along with it comes graffiti, that is what first turned me on to it. hiphop is the driving force in graffiti and you cant test that with any of your new theorys and idealism. they have become one and each time you put up a tag you contribute to the hiphop community. you may be meaning to contribeute to a differnt one, and you still are, but at the same time you give an equal amount to hiphop. quick over jerkin your gercin on this one, just because you dont like the music doesnt mean you have to come up for some reason why it isnt hiphop.

keep dreamin chump. that lifestyle you lead is a joke. keep thinking you are contributing to some massive hip hop culture, but in actuality you are just another pawn in the game. and from the way you speak about this whole thing your probably one of those chump kids that pays 10 bucks for a marker and orders montana paint over the internet, so you can paint your weak ass bitin letters in your backyard. keep frontin big guy, its your life, waste it playing follow the leader if you want.

Originally posted by willy.wonka

hahaha..is that how you glorify yourself?

i said that on page one and you didnt get it at all.

glorify? i was just agreeing with the statment. you guys are childish, anytime you cant think of a valid rebutle you make personal attacks on me. dont hate me, hate yourselves for falling victim to "hip hop" culture.

Re: I hate hip hop but I go to the bboy summit

Originally posted by sarifs&clips

If you hate Hip Hop so much why did you attend the bboy summit? It dont get any more "Hip Hop " than that. I would think that someone who thinks hip hop culture is so wack would stay away from such an event. Oh, I forgot that's when it was cool to be into hip hop. The latest "trend" of Its not "cool" for a graff writer to be into Hip hop shit is getting old. It sounds to me that you are the lemming.

sorry i am just getting around to all these posts, the reason i went to bboy summit was because my friend was painting there and got me in for free. i spent most of my time outside anyway, i just went to watch people paint. i could careless who was dancing or performing inside.

and if i am such a lemming where is my ultra dope anti hip hop culture to help support me?

Guest willy.wonka

glorify? i was just agreeing with the statment. you guys are childish, anytime you cant think of a valid rebutle you make personal attacks on me. dont hate me, hate yourselves for falling victim to "hip hop" culture.

im not hating on you..i was just suprised to see that you said that...and im suprised to see you say this..cause you're the one hoppin in the hip hop thread attacking everybody.

i hate what some people think hip hop is..you guys are geeky homos.

Archived