Official Hip-Hop Thread

IDrinkSprite

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hiphop only popularized graffiti, like abc said it's been around for a long time, it's also played a role in a lot of subcultures that predate hiphop. the 50's when people were playing elvis on the jukebox and "Tagging" there gang names on walls with paintbrushes no one stopped and said; "I think we need some Boogie Down Pro." ;d

I will argue that rap and hiphop are a two headed baby, but you find one so repulsive you ignore it with disgust. I'm sure somewhere your favorite underground emcee has described him self "rapping." So forth.. HipHop has became a melting pot of sorts, just cause you ain't feeling the product doesn't make it any less of a ingreident, like these ineternet canibus emcees ain't no less hiphop then you...

dl; bdp - the bridge is over

hahaha......for all the stupid fucks out there in cyberworld.....

word to AFI......

top five right now as we converse on the computer is......

All Natural--"Elements of Style"

Brand Nubian--"Claimin' I'm a Criminal"

Godfather Don--"Dip Dip Die"

Kurious--"I'm Kurious"

Diamond D--"When It Pours It Rains"

go fuck yourself if this isn't a "cool" enough list......

God dammit!....I almost forgot Atmosphere.....hahaha.....naw,that shit is pretty tight.....

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

quit clowning on hip hop. yeah, there's alot of shit hop out there, but don't generalise. you might not dig hip hop, and that's your choice. i don't dig punk or whatever it is you probably listen to, and we can all agree that punk is just as clown-worthy as hip hop, but you don't really see anyone on here bagging you about your skin tight pants and thrift store t-shirts now do you?

as far as graffiti being part of hip hop, no, it aint. at least we can agree on one thing. graffiti is graffiti. period. it didn't die out with punk rock because as much as it isn't part of hip hop, it's not part of punk rock either. graff kids in the late 70's early 80's dressed all punk rock cos that was what was fashionable at the time, same with when some graff kids started sporting shelltoes and kangols. graffiti didn't die out with those "subcultures" or whatever gay name you want to give it because it wasn't part of those "subcultures". graffiti was around before punk rock, before disco, before hip hop, before rock and roll, before world war 2, before the great depression.......i could go on and on. but yeah, you catch my drift.

mr abc-listens to hip hop and writes graffiti. also likes to scratch his nuts on occasion.

i made no association with punk rock either, i was proving that hip hop had nothing to do with graffiti. i personally like most kinds of music including some "hip hop". but to me the "hip hop" culture is wack. im sorry, where i live all i hear all day long is "do you listen to anticon", or "hey are you going to that atmosphere show". yeah i have been to see all those motherfuckers, but that is besides the point. my original point was that i am tired of all these baggy pant wearing workmens outlet shopping, "hi i buy my paint at walmart" punk kids that listen to hip hop and try to live the culture. and yes they are lemmings, followers, just like all those kids that bite styles and carry around blackbooks to shows asking me what i write. i remember at bboy summit DOC TC5 even commented on how stupid kids are thses days. he was telling the kids how back in the day you didnt go around asking people what they wrote, or carrying around a black book to advertise that you paint graffiti. suburbia is slowly poisoning graffiti. and of course she will live, she has time and time again, but that doesnt make it any easier for the heads that truely love this lifestyle. there is a difference between those of us who live and breath graffiti, and the ones who purchase it at workmens outlet. excuse me for hating hip hop.

Originally posted by 455

hahaha......for all the stupid fucks out there in cyberworld.....

word to AFI......

top five right now as we converse on the computer is......

All Natural--"Elements of Style"

Brand Nubian--"Claimin' I'm a Criminal"

Godfather Don--"Dip Dip Die"

Kurious--"I'm Kurious"

Diamond D--"When It Pours It Rains"

go fuck yourself if this isn't a "cool" enough list......

God dammit!....I almost forgot Atmosphere.....hahaha.....naw,that shit is pretty tight.....

yeah what he said...

plus my top five right now...

Lord finesse (feat percee p)-Kicking flavor with my man

D.i.t.c-day one

Blackmoon-I got ya opin

anything scarface

emanon-good measure

Originally posted by loudhardfast

i made no association with punk rock either, i was proving that hip hop had nothing to do with graffiti. i personally like most kinds of music including some "hip hop". but to me the "hip hop" culture is wack. im sorry, where i live all i hear all day long is "do you listen to anticon", or "hey are you going to that atmosphere show". yeah i have been to see all those motherfuckers, but that is besides the point. my original point was that i am tired of all these baggy pant wearing workmens outlet shopping, "hi i buy my paint at walmart" punk kids that listen to hip hop and try to live the culture. and yes they are lemmings, followers, just like all those kids that bite styles and carry around blackbooks to shows asking me what i write. i remember at bboy summit DOC TC5 even commented on how stupid kids are thses days. he was telling the kids how back in the day you didnt go around asking people what they wrote, or carrying around a black book to advertise that you paint graffiti. suburbia is slowly poisoning graffiti. and of course she will live, she has time and time again, but that doesnt make it any easier for the heads that truely love this lifestyle. there is a difference between those of us who live and breath graffiti, and the ones who purchase it at workmens outlet. excuse me for hating hip hop.

i wasn't having a dig at your musical tastes or whateverthefuck. frankly i don't really care. i wasn't having a dig at punk rockers either, or even saying you were one. i like hip hop, but hate these blackbook-carrying-backpack-wearing little fuckers too. but there are that sort of bandwagon hopping trend whore in any type of (god i hate this word) subculture. regardless of whether they write or not. i dunno. i've lost focus cos i have a belly full of chicken burger goodness. blah

all i have to say is i need to get a copy of that blackstar album from a couple years ago..also dela, stakes is high, and a couple by the roots, because i lost a bunch. but then again, i also want a couple mahler symphonies, or beethoven string quartets, although i would go to mozart or haydn for the root of that. alban berg is also the man, need to get his violin concerto. maybe some brahms string quartets. the complete ravel/debussy piano music is on the way, 7 cds...um, yeah so anyway....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Third time I've said it on 12oz... Nas, "Made You Look". Get it. Now.

Beatnuts, "Yae Yo"

Diamond D, "Freestyle (Yo That's That Shit!)"

Funkdoobiest, "The Funkiest"

Common, "Soul by the Pound (Thump Remix)"

Archived