the new d12 album.

atc

I "copped" (as the kids say) this shit today and listened to it... all I can say is, "eh." It's pretty good, but it isn't nowhere as good as the singles Shit on You, No One's iller, or Quitter. It's pretty anger-filled, but it seems that Eminem is the one who keeps it going mostly. There are some pretty decent verses in there, and the beats are kinda slow... the production value is decent. I just looked on the D12 website and it says that Shit on You is included, but that must only be on the vinyl. But I think the song, if you wanna hear just straight out dissing, is Girls. It's a hidden track, but Eminem straight wets Limp Bizkit, and I'm not a fan of the Limp, so I was feelin it, definetly. seeking, I swear I read on here you know Em, so if you've heard this album, I'd like to hear yours, along with anyone else who owns/has heard this album's opinion....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

haven't heard the album, but honestly, everything i've ever heard from D12 has been shite. especially bizarre; what the fuck is up with that guy? it sounds like a bunch of people trying to get noticed with the kind of lyrics that first made people ask what was up with eminem. although by now, a lot of people are tired of hearing folks talk about raping their mother and killing people. also, with that girls shit...i think it's a case of someone finding a gimic and not knowing when to let go. how many fuccking times to i have to hear em sing the hook on his own song?!? now i don't like a lot of hip hop out there, so maybe i'm a hard sell...but in my opinion, things are looking dim folks for the dozen.

D12 fucking sucks. They can't make up a decent rhyme, and the only reason they have a record is because their buddy Eminem's on it (I'm not a fan of his either). I watched an interview with D12 on tv a while ago and any question the guy asked them somehow went back to Eminem. like the guy asked them: what's your inspiration? They said :"Eminem drank mountain dew that was in this fridge", "eminem recorded here", "Eminem sat here" and on and on. But yeah, they're lame and their lyrics are terrible.

i was at the d12 record release party in detroit two weeks ago (briefly, i walked in, made an appearance then bounced) anyway, that place was filled with the worst trash in the world. not saying that everyone who bought the d12 album is trash, but jesus... the ones who lined up 3 hours before hand just to make sure they got a free t-shirt sure as fuck were.

to be honest i havent heard the album and ive heard very little of the rest of the guys stuff. proof used to be cool, but i dont know about the shit he's on now. the rest of em are pretty wack to me. em might rely on shock value quite a bit, but the fact remains that dude can rap circles around most emcees. the rest of those cats are whatever... hey, make your money, get your fame whatever. dont bother me none.

and as far as fleshteck dissing the rest of the detroit cats... im sure you werent old enough to be listening to any of those albums when they came out, so dont talk shit. esham might not be everyone's bag, but dude put out his first album when he was 16. he was producing beats ten years ahead of his time. using 10 bar black sabbath samples. kid rock has been doing rock infused shit since 91. he was doing covers of hank williams jr. songs live, before you had hair on your nutts.

you can like whatever you want, but dont hate just cause its the cool thing to do. kid rock has more talent in his ball sack than your whole family tree...

seeking, im having trouble believing you about the whole kid rock is talented musically-wise thing, but u probablly know more about this shit than me. all i know is that he attempted to ruin "fortunate son" by creedence and i hate his latest shit on the radio. he may be creative and original but i still have trouble digging his music. but whatever, my cheerios still taste fine, naw wha i mean?

I think the new D12 is dope. Im feelin every track. Especially 'American Psycho'. This shit is probably hip hop album of the year so far. I really cant think of anything thats touching it. Except for maybe Sticky Fingaz..but Im feelin D12 even more than Sticky. Bizarre is fuckin wack! Theres no way the rest of them hear his shit and honestly think in the back of their heads that its good. I guess they just feel loyalty to him or something. I wish Em or Proof would ghostwrite for him..or better yet, just kick him out.

well furie, you gotta understand, i grew up around these cats... both rock an eminem. kid rock lived in my neighborhood right before he blew up and my ex got in a bar fight with the infamous 'kim.' i know a different side of them than everyone else.

kid rock used to do a club night. no one would go. this was 94. there were literally 6 people there each night. it was called 'brass monkey.' he would just sit there getting drunk playing records for hours... it was dope. ive watched him dj, play drums, bass and guitar all after taking acid, drinking ridiculous amounts of whiskey and smoking joints laced with dust. dude is no joke... he lives how he talks. but, at the end of all, he's still pretty mellow....

trust me, he's not that bad. and i actually find myself liking alot of his newer stuff...

well i just read some of his lyrics and i guess if he is the bad ass he claims to be, his shit is ok. but i just feel that there is so much more better music that i could be listening to instead of his stuff. maybe i need to be more bad ass to appreciate it. just an opinion....

[This message has been edited by kid furie (edited 06-20-2001).]

Archived