SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA

kromephillen

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

while being a STRICTLY legal writer is pretty lame, it is important for kids to have a place to learn and practice before hitting the streets. for this purpose I think the Blok is great. It's also a place out-of-towners can come to show case their work and meet locals while putting up something nice to put in the photo album. But writers who frequent the Blok are also some pretty big time crews who DO put in lots of work else where, i doubt you would say the same shit to (TRC, SDV, TVC, OCP etc..)

maybe i am just playing the devils advocate here but i think cities need places like the writers block so that the streets aren't filled with garbage and where writers who don't know the scene here can paint and enjoy meeting some SD Talent..

i grew up painting illegally, spending time in jail over something that's buffed the next day aint hard homie. it's stupid.

• Like 1

while being a STRICTLY legal writer is pretty lame, it is important for kids to have a place to learn and practice before hitting the streets. for this purpose I think the Blok is great. It's also a place out-of-towners can come to show case their work and meet locals while putting up something nice to put in the photo album. But writers who frequent the Blok are also some pretty big time crews who DO put in lots of work else where, i doubt you would say the same shit to (TRC, SDV, TVC, OCP etc..)

maybe i am just playing the devils advocate here but i think cities need places like the writers block so that the streets aren't filled with garbage and where writers who don't know the scene here can paint and enjoy meeting some SD Talent..

i grew up painting illegally, spending time in jail over something that's buffed the next day aint hard homie. it's stupid.

No disrespect to your opinion, but I'll put it in a nutshell from experience back in my day.

1. Toys are still here regardless of writers blok, its the same as back in nine trey.

2. Youngsters want to meet fooz doin shit nowadays not hasbeens.

3. If its legal & thats all they do & dont get paid thats GAY.

4. If your a hasbeen tryna meet & greet go to a gallary & buy their shit dont go jockin they nuts in a back lot.

5. If you old ass fuck, or young ass fuck fear the jail time & dont do illegals do yourself, fam & the rest a favor & give it up.. If not come out and play once in awhile its all hood.

6. If your oldschool & care about the game, teach the youngsters what the fuck, aint no cats teaching shit at writers blok they need guidance, leadership, dont criticize like you a king cuz real talk this shit been grimey since nine trey & even before that, I dont see ya WE on the streets ... just my 2 cents keep the movement movin. Big ups to S.D. & props to those few oldschoolers still doin the do & I mean the REAL DO.

You sound like an Army recruiter homie. The streets ARE the learning grounds. I prefer my streets with garbage, that's how you know who the shiners are! Last time I checked graffiti was about wrecking some shop and getting up...not practicing in the gym like a jock all day.

Just sayin'.

dumbest thing i've read all day.

Guess you don't read very much..either that or you missed my aim. What I'm saying is who's to say what's garbage and what's not? It's graffiti. I'd rather see these young kids come up from phase 1...writing on the STREETS...even if it is "garbage" than them practicing all day in some spot that isn't out on the street. Besides, I'll take a messy freeway spot over a clean production any day of the week.

No disrespect to your opinion, but I'll put it in a nutshell from experience back in my day.

1. Toys are still here regardless of writers blok, its the same as back in nine trey.

2. Youngsters want to meet fooz doin shit nowadays not hasbeens.

3. If its legal & thats all they do & dont get paid thats GAY.

4. If your a hasbeen tryna meet & greet go to a gallary & buy their shit dont go jockin they nuts in a back lot.

5. If you old ass fuck, or young ass fuck fear the jail time & dont do illegals do yourself, fam & the rest a favor & give it up.. If not come out and play once in awhile its all hood.

6. If your oldschool & care about the game, teach the youngsters what the fuck, aint no cats teaching shit at writers blok they need guidance, leadership, dont criticize like you a king cuz real talk this shit been grimey since nine trey & even before that, I dont see ya WE on the streets ... just my 2 cents keep the movement movin. Big ups to S.D. & props to those few oldschoolers still doin the do & I mean the REAL DO.

well said.......

I don't know why everybody is so butt hurt over this writers blok shit. STOP hating, and START spraying paint. Everybody is not built for this shit, so who cares, go let them play at the block. On a sidenote a lot of heads with MUCH street game paint at the block too, they know who they are. At least they are painting, and there's a lot more of that NOT going on in SD as there could be. "WHERE'S THE FLICS?"