new, and hopefully improved

Guest gimpos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

duh

duh a handstyle is supposed to flow, if ya writing the shit quick ye let it flow out and the letters join, if you fuck around with sperating letters that just a waste of time man...

hating anything but simple

yo guys thanks for the pointers, but seriously yall seem to hate on any sketch that people post and all yall ever say is stay simple... like how do ya mean anyway, i'll try it, don't get me wrong i know i'm still a toy in this graf game but when ya stay simple and make block letters how do you advance it from there? yo could yall maybee post up some of your early block sketches just so i can see what yall getting at. well props for tryin to educate me yall. peace.

Re: duh

Originally posted by gimpos

duh a handstyle is supposed to flow, if ya writing the shit quick ye let it flow out and the letters join, if you fuck around with sperating letters that just a waste of time man...

Why ask for pointers...and then when they are given to you say that they are wrong?

because that shit doesn't help, i'm still to see anyone on this forum give any pointers other than stay simple, the shit up there is simple, i've done way more complex shit before but folks told me to go simple so i go simpler and yall say its too complex, whats complex about writing yer handstyle out, putting an outline and a lil shadow on. mofukas want me to write blocks, blocks suck man, and if yall say you gotta start there then you stupid u should develop a handstyle first and how can ya develop a flowing handstyle doing blocks, shits stupid. peace

Guest tears*uno

because that shit doesn't help, i'm still to see anyone on this forum give any pointers other than stay simple, the shit up there is simple, i've done way more complex shit before but folks told me to go simple so i go simpler and yall say its too complex, whats complex about writing yer handstyle out, putting an outline and a lil shadow on. mofukas want me to write blocks, blocks suck man, and if yall say you gotta start there then you stupid u should develop a handstyle first and how can ya develop a flowing handstyle doing blocks, shits stupid. peace

then quit writing you whiney little bitch...thats jsut the way it goes, dont act liek you knwo how to do a handstyle then ask for tips. yeah its boring but if yo uwanna whine about startign where yo ushoudl start then stop fucking writing. dont call us stupid, blocks are where yo ustart PERIOD. faggot. do it or dont write.

nah man

nah man, yall got it all upside down... what did taki start writing, and stay high, that shit was a handstyle... then they went on to do blocks.... super kool did than with star 9 and phase 2, but first they were out there getting a handstyle flowing... and man i aint whining, i'm just pointing out that quite a lot of yall never say anything to anyone other than stay simple most of yall never even post your own shit up here anyway. i dont wanna start no hate slanging here tho bro. some peace... but ya threw me the diss and i aint throwing it back. peace yall.

let me set this str8!

ok by simple... means.. no arrows.. no connections.. not half big not half small... the best thing to do is have every letter form with the last one... same slopes same turns.. same bends.... iw ill try to pst some examples.. but keep every letter looking the same almost.. and simple dont mean block letters.. you can have complex simples just watch your use of pointed edges and shit... you may not under stand no one may.. but im giving it a shot.. here is the best i can say with out being there drawing it for you:D

a difference

yo theres a difference between sticking up for yourself and being a whiney little bitch with an attitude man. peace yall and props dentone ya given me hella help.

Guest CRYrock81

yo gimpos man....do you have any older heads that can show you the ropes over your way?that could help you in a big way bro...if not i would just say...to look at other peoples shit.....study that shit real hard...and find the reason why other people dig that shit.....because your gonna suck until you know what it is about those peices that people dig...someone said it before and much better......may have been stephen powers......find out way that connection is bangin.....find out why that color scheme is the shit......find out why his or her "A" is fuckin fresh.....really ....its all about proportion and distortion ...ima tell you the truth....start simple...i know youve heard it all through out this thread....but start simple and as your mind becomes more complex your letters will follow it...i hope i helped......even if it was ony a little bit.....peace bro

Re: nah man

nah man, yall got it all upside down... what did taki start writing, and stay high, that shit was a handstyle... then they went on to do blocks.... super kool did than with star 9 and phase 2, but first they were out there getting a handstyle flowing... and man i aint whining, i'm just pointing out that quite a lot of yall never say anything to anyone other than stay simple most of yall never even post your own shit up here anyway. i dont wanna start no hate slanging here tho bro. some peace... but ya threw me the diss and i aint throwing it back. peace yall.

Your not taki, nor will you ever be.

Your not stay high, and you shouldnt ever compare yourself to them. People are trying to give you some fucking tips on how to get better and you're bitching about how someone else started out this way and all this other stupid shit. They're giving you their advice and experience on how they got better. Maybe if you shut your fucking mouth you could learn something.

yo man cant you fucking read? did i ever compare myself to taki or stay high?

blocks are where yo ustart PERIOD

i just pointed out that you dont have to start out writing blocks and taki etc. were good examples... peace tears you digging the shit. FourOneTwo you just saw an oppertunity to hate on me... you twisted my words to something i never said or ever would say, so for you i have one word "hater". peace.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Simple, shmimple... true, it's the best and certainly the most effective way to learn, but if it's boring for you, then don't do it. Your boredom and unwillingness will show through the piece. However, your last simple attempts are looking very good, so keep it up.

The best advice anyone gave you is to look at shit you absolutely love, and find out what about it drives you nuts. When a letter or a form has good proportions, and the lines flow and relate to each other the way they should, something just "feels" right. It's up to you to find out in your own drawings what it is that makes it feel incomplete... a good example is your first block sketch:

http://www.design-eye.co.uk/camo2.jpg'>

Look at the S at the end. None of those lines, with the exception of the vertical lines on the bottom half, relate to each other. There's something about the angling and the sizes of the spaces they contain that just doesn't make full sense. The top line of the S and the bottom line completely contradict each other in terms of angles... and contradictions are fine, as long as you can wield them and use them to your advantage, but that wasn't the case here.

After all your lines and spaces make sense in a single letter, you gotta make multiple letters make sense with each other, which is a lot trickier. And the reason people suggest practicing simples is because working out these line/space/letter relationships in simples is a breeze, and you will get the gist of what it is you gotta do when you go complex. So yeah, I agree with you... everyone in here thinks saying "stick to simples" is great advice, when it really isn't. Explain why, at the very least, or just refrain from saying shit.

If it's any comfort, I don't think I have ever done a single simple in my life, as a matter of fact, I don't even do letters very much, but I can still hold my own cause I learned about line and proportions elsewhere. Good luck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived