WESTCHESTER/BX HIGHWAYS AND TRAINLINES LATE 80'S AND MID 90's

ETHREADZNY

Originally posted by TGUNNER

http://www.tagpage.com/tag_page/images/1-25-00_jest_2.jpg'>

UltraFlat - Good lookin on that Emit.. This was up 287 from that "C" I think it was Ches.

On a different subject, I was Racing Up cental av. last night and I remebered that spot across from where Bradlees used to be.. Up high by that parking lot. NWC had it locked. Sien5 had shit there too. And MYTH nwc.. Ultraflat you gotta have some pics of his shit

Yup i remember that spot brother man.I remember Myth,Mast, Ser and Mosh KTC were up.I think Vet had something there at one point but got dissed superfast.What about the Walbaums further down Central?Behind there was alot of stuff.Mast,Any,Term,None,Tak,Myth..sh*tload of stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we see some more recent Westchester graff? I don't mean any disrespect to Westchester graff from the 80s and 90s but there's tons of shit on the train lines NOW.

And one more thing, if I see one more Emit I am going to vomit. (Although I will admit Emit did have a dope piece running on the Bronx River Parkway for a while.)

Can we see some more recent Westchester graff? I don't mean any disrespect to Westchester graff from the 80s and 90s but there's tons of shit on the train lines NOW.

What are you talkin about?? First look at the title of the thread.. Graffiti on the train lines suck now.. I take the train everymorning and all I do is get annoyed.. The only thing going on now is toys going over dope old pieces. Like the SARO at 238 or the AME and DMAND by Melrose.. Makes me sooo mad!!

Oh yeah and if it werent for EMIT you probally wouldent even be here..

Guest emit_df
Originally posted by JapaneseGrrl

And one more thing, if I see one more Emit I am going to vomit. (Although I will admit Emit did have a dope piece running on the Bronx River Parkway for a while.)

emit-vomit-admit

that rhymes, nice!

something to submit (that's for you emit)....

ok... this is fucking absurd. if anyone wants to bitch about Emit, start your own thread!

i am open to talking about modern 914 graffiti, but i want pictures to be posted and i want to know that these writers are actually FROM westchester or at least LIVE there. it didn't matter back in '92 if you were from CT because there were dozens of writers in Westchester- nowadays there's next to nothing (you are open to prove me wrong JapaneseGrrl).

what i'm trying to highlight is this- CT has its own thread, and so does NYC. 914 needs to have its own focus, especially if you're going to try to approach new graff. Westchester had its own discrete identity, that a lot of different people shaped over 10 years ago- it wasn't just some neutral place where people painted on their way through to the NJ or CT or whatever.

so don't bother with throwies from NYC guys who are on a 'day trip' or something. got it?

ok... this is fucking absurd. if anyone wants to bitch about Emit, start your own thread!

i am open to talking about modern 914 graffiti, but i want pictures to be posted and i want to know that these writers are actually FROM westchester or at least LIVE there. it didn't matter back in '92 if you were from CT because there were dozens of writers in Westchester- nowadays there's next to nothing (you are open to prove me wrong JapaneseGrrl).

what i'm trying to highlight is this- CT has its own thread, and so does NYC. 914 needs to have its own focus, especially if you're going to try to approach new graff. Westchester had its own discrete identity, that a lot of different people shaped over 10 years ago- it wasn't just some neutral place where people painted on their way through to the NJ or CT or whatever.

so don't bother with throwies from NYC guys who are on a 'day trip' or something. got it?

well said...

What are you talkin about?? First look at the title of the thread.. Graffiti on the train lines suck now.. I take the train everymorning and all I do is get annoyed.. The only thing going on now is toys going over dope old pieces. Like the SARO at 238 or the AME and DMAND by Melrose.. Makes me sooo mad!!

Oh yeah and if it werent for EMIT you probally wouldent even be here..

Yeah. Right. TGunner, you didn't reveal any personal information about yourself but I would be willing to bet that you are from the Bronx (or Yonkers), over 30 and think that the only "real graffiti" is old school graffiti. I have no problem with the Bronx or your age, but I do have a problem with your comment about the sad state of the train lines nowadays. Yes, it's disrespectful and fucked up when writers go over old pieces but that's not to say that there's not some decent stuff running on the train lines over in Westchester. (I've seen plently of dope shit from Pen, Shine, Nobs, Mast, Curve, and Menos.) And older writers also have some new (and semi-new) shit on the lines as well. Mone, Zine, Yes 2... And if you're going to say "it's nothing like it was back in the day," well, NO SHIT.

About Emit. I definitely would be here regardless of Emit's existence (no offense, Emit). And to be completely honest, maybe Emit's shit was innovative back in the early 90s but it's TIME TO MOVE ON. And to be even more honest, Emit's shit these days all looks the same. You've seen one piece, you've seen them all.

Re: something to submit (that's for you emit)....

Originally posted by joewelcome

nowadays there's next to nothing (you are open to prove me wrong JapaneseGrrl).

Next to nothing? Comparing the current state of graffiti in Westchester to the 80s or 90s is absurd. Of course it's nothing like it was. But yeah, there is shit running on the trainlines. And I mentioned a handful of people inmy last reply, if you're looking for specific name, joewelcome.

Im 23 lived in Westchester actually Eastchester (you dont get more suburban than that) my entire life..

Out of all the writers you listed Only 2 of them are from westchester.. Ill give it to you Shine is dope (not from westchester).. but none of shit starts untill you get into the bronx.. Graf now is nothing compared to then.. In Westchester anyway.. Anyone else agree??

peace..

This is not a Bronx vs. westchester thread, nor is it a thread to argue about the fact that there is no current pictures on here. matter of fact, yes there are people still doing damage on the highway and trainlines running from westchester to the bronx. however, unfortuantly the highways and trainlines will never be like the way they were in the late 80's, early 90's.

I would love to see a current westchester thread for those that are doing damage. but not here.

the title indicates that this is for the cats that killed the highway years ago...

and once again imok had a huge impact on highway and trainline bombing in westchester and the Bx.

who has the pics? cst,off,way,inc,tvt,imok, 40t, tmc, nwc, and so on?

IM far past 23.I grew up seeing Westchester since 1986.Im far into my retirement, but I give new kids respect who are doing stuff in Westchester, or anywhere for that matter. Times are crazy today.It wasnt like the late 80s or early 90s.If you got caught it was a slap on the wrist, or if a cop rolled and you were painting some desolate bridge somewhere he might be cool and say "hey.Please dont get spotted by the train, and clean up your mess when you are gone.Thanks". Those days are long over. Id personally like to see some new 2000 and above stuff on these lines. Even though there not as good as they once were im sure there has to be something going on. As far as new kids going over old stuff i do think thats disrespectful. If a old writer has stuff and its been there 10 years then let it run. That guy went out that 1 night, and risked his ass dropping a nice piece like you are doing, and its not dissed. No need to go over it.I bet if it was brand new it wouldnt get gone over.

Guest emit_df

And to be completely honest, maybe Emit's shit was innovative back in the early 90s but it's TIME TO MOVE ON. And to be even more honest, Emit's shit these days all looks the same. You've seen one piece, you've seen them all.

a compliment and a diss all in one....... I think you need to look again because that remark is incorrect! I change, progress, learn something every time I paint. What do you do?....focus on that.

Can we see some more recent Westchester graff?

Ok, japanese... let's think about this. i suppose there's a few issues here with geography.

1. first of all, WHICH trainlines are you talking about, when you say you've got a problem with TGUNNER's comment? because there's a LOT of stuff on the Red Line that's NOT new at all, there's a LOT of stuff on the Blue Line that's completely buffed clean and if you're telling me that there's a graff explosion on the Green Line, well, then I'm gonna HAVE to see that for MYSELF.

2. WESTCHESTER is a county which borders THE BRONX (Bronx County, City of NY) at 238th Street/McClane Ave. This may or may not be apparent if you've not been riding the Metro North or driving the area for your entire life. But that's no big deal. But if you're going to talk about NEW WESTCHESTER GRAFF.. it ought to BE in Westchester.

3. Where are these guys from? Pen and Shine? Menos? Who is Nob? Westchester kids Curv and Mast get plenty of respect, but the stuff that comes to my mind from them isn't that new at all. Maybe I've got it twisted, but most of this stuff ISN'T in Westchester and hasn't got any connection to it. Like i said, day-trippers out of the city don't count.

4. You'd be surprised if you knew some of us... your positive thoughts are appreciated here and i can personally say that i welcome this discourse. but to make any assumptions about some of the people who post on this thread on the reg is not going to make you look smart.

there's a reason that we have a need to bring up the past- it's because it disappeared too fast for no reason, and the spark that made it great IS STILL THERE. but it seems that very few people are interested in what made 914 such an amazing place with such amazing graffiti.

and there's no question that LOTS of the stuff that might be new ANYWHERE in the county is hardly befitting to the legacy that preceded it. in other terms, the soul died when the past was ignored, and what new stuff there is, is pretty lousy.

Guest thedillz

What do you know about Westchester?

It's time that someone brings up the true kings of Westchester. I'm talking about writers like SIPHA and how he'll make each letter of his throwy a different size. Mistake or no mistake. Fuck symmetry! SIPHA don't care. What about KUIRK? He represented that one red tag near exit 6 on 287 like the fuckin' wall was built for him. Heads like EVOL and Mas get me going. Hardly any skill. The type of writers that hook up tags behind an A&P....true kings!

Don't think that I'm forgetting about Westchester's history. I remember when SOAP came on the scene. Nobody could fuck a fill-in up like that kid. Drips like crazy, poor color schemes. Hey ...I ain't mad atcha. SOAP, you were just painting to the best of your ability. If there were more writers like you doing there thing today, Westchester would be an iller place.

Guest Suzanne

joewelcome,

It's really wonderful to learn that you know your geography. LOL.

"3. Where are these guys from? Pen and Shine? Menos? Who is Nob? Westchester kids Curv and Mast get plenty of respect, but the stuff that comes to my mind from them isn't that new at all. Maybe I've got it twisted, but most of this stuff ISN'T in Westchester and hasn't got any connection to it. Like i said, day-trippers out of the city don't count."

Why don't "day-trippers" count? I say fuck that. If it's in Westchester, I count it as being in Westchester. I love to see different people go into places like Westchester; what's wrong with that? And JapaneseGrrrl said "Curve and Mast" not "Curv" (as in the Curv from Westchester). And since you're probably going to attempt to correct me- yes, I know CURVE (note the e) is from Philly.

"a compliment and a diss all in one....... I think you need to look again because that remark is incorrect! I change, progress, learn something every time I paint. What do you do?....focus on that."

Silly, silly Emit. Your shit might change a little bit here and there but not enough to take notice. And Emit- please don't try to prove me wrong by posting a million and one of your pieces. (I hope that last comment doesn't encourage you to post.)

:crazy: :crazy:

Guest emit_df
Originally posted by Suzanne

joewelcome,

Silly, silly Emit. Your shit might change a little bit here and there but not enough to take notice. And Emit- please don't try to prove me wrong by posting a million and one of your pieces. (I hope that last comment doesn't encourage you to post.)

I wouldn't post flix for you if my life depended on it.......and you're still wrong.

Originally posted by Suzanne joewelcome,

It's really wonderful to learn that you know your geography. LOL.

"3. Where are these guys from? Pen and Shine? Menos? Who is Nob? Westchester kids Curv and Mast get plenty of respect, but the stuff that comes to my mind from them isn't that new at all. Maybe I've got it twisted, but most of this stuff ISN'T in Westchester and hasn't got any connection to it. Like i said, day-trippers out of the city don't count."

Why don't "day-trippers" count? I say fuck that. If it's in Westchester, I count it as being in Westchester. I love to see different people go into places like Westchester; what's wrong with that?

you see, there IS something wrong with that.. it's kinda like when college kids who come from somewhere else try to act like they matter in the context of an area.... then they move away. useless.

this is about graff that says something about the area- the old stuff that came out of 914 had its own style and its own approach. even when the COP/CT IMOK cats came through, it meant something to do a different, CT style AMONG the 914 style stuff. a bunch of borough kids doing some throwies while passing through is a spit in the face of an actual scene- it just doesn't equate, and doesn't count as westchester graff. lots of westchester cats (the ones who matter) bombed in NYC, move to the boroughs or whatever. i am not interested in the graff that a bunch of suburban kids who pack into a car and paint in Harlem do.

yeah, i DO know my geography, thanks very much. it sure seems that some enlightening is in order here. lots of kids clearly don't, and probably think that the Harlem Hall Of Fame is in Yonkers or some bullshit. when you're new to the area and ride the train back into the city, you just might remain ignorant about what you see through the windows and my job is to stand up to ignorance. so, class, let's recap- it MATTERS if you are from Westchester and it MATTERS if what you're talking about is in Westchester.

you might say 'fuck that', but you also keep tripping over yourself while trying to pop shit about Emit- and he's proving to have a LOT more class and sense than you are.

Ultraflat, my bunk ass computer is not letting me see your pictures, but according to the pic description, you are posting gems. and why are these ladies Japanesegirl and suzanne arguing, nobody is taken away from the state of graff today, or outoftowners. But do us all a favor, and Just sit back awhile and

understand that the true purpose of this thread is to recapture the ill state of graff in weschester from the late 80's early 90's. I will say it again, peeps today are doing their thing, but nothing like the way it was.

be my guest, please post a new thread on the current westchester scene. but do us all a favor, and dont shit talk and taint this thread.

Guest TOM HAGEN

AFTER EXTENSIVE CONSIDERATION UPON THE MATTER AT HAND I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT ETHREAD'S INNER CHILD IS A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL...

MOVIE AT 11

Archived