attn: mamerro

Guest TEARZ

excuse me sir, i could use your help a little bit here if you'd be at all willing...

might you have any classic salsa recommendations for me to download- i'm looking for some primo shit to download for classic salsa- 70's-mid 80s...

i think you know a little bit about who i'm into.... eddie palmieri, larry harlow, hector lavoe y willie colon, eddie santiago, willie rosario, ray barretto etc......

specifically i'm looking for bangers that approach "ah ah oh no" in their quality and get me ampedness... though that one will probably remain king...

thanks in advance my friend.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest mikro137
Originally posted by PAYROLL

PACE IS GOOD SALSA.

yeah i havent stopped laughing yet. i dont know if its because pace salsa sucks and youre a liar , or because that was the best response ever.

hahaha... on the real, speaking of salsa, there's this shit called "arriba" that i've been eating for the past couple of months and it reigns supreme on the salsa scene... get the garlic variety or roasted chipotle.

Guest PAYROLL
Originally posted by TEARZ

hahaha... on the real, speaking of salsa, there's this shit called "arriba" that i've been eating for the past couple of months and it reigns supreme on the salsa scene... get the garlic variety or roasted chipotle.

That is good shit.

Guest PAYROLL

AND YOU CALL ME A JOCKER?

Originally posted by el barto

so you lika da shit?da shit is good?

EVERYTIME I POST, THERE YOU ARE RIGHT BEHIND ME. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Indeed, my friend, indeed...

Sorry for noticing this thread earlier, bro. Let's see... classic salsa. Well, for me Hector Lavoe and Willie Colon remain ultimate supreme astro-kings of that shit (and El Gran Combo... read below for more), so most of my recommendations will be theirs... I don't listen to salsa that often nowadays, and when I do, 80% of the time it's them. So go get:

"Che Che Cole"*

"Calle Luna, Calle Sol"

"Todo Tiene Su Final"

"La Murga" (Claaaaaaasic opening horn riff... I don't know why I haven't heard it sampled yet)

"El Gran Varon"* (One of the best produced salsa tracks in history)

"Te Conozco"*

actually, if you can get your hands on this CD, you're set for life.

As for non-Willie Colon/Hector Lavoe:

"Boogaloo", El Gran Combo (ooooold...)

"Brujería", El Gran Combo*

"Deciciones", Ruben Blades*

"Pedro Navaja", Ruben Blades w/ Willie Colon*

And just search in general for anything by El Gran Combo (the absolute OG's of salsa vieja), Roberto Roena y su Apollo Sound, old Ruben Blades, Raphy Leavitt y La Selecta, Twisted Sister, STYX, and Wham!.

Hope that helped a bit. I'll keep you updated as I remember more classics. Beer,

El Mamerro

* = absolute, hype-ass must-haves

wow, mamerro- thanks man, those are all great and much appreciated. i have some el gran combo- but i must admit that i've never checked for the roberto roena...

top notch, brah. thanks again...

and feel free to keep updating. ;)

Archived