graf and art part II

Guest spec

Wow, kinda surpised about the reaction to my thread about graf and art, even thoguth that wasn't its intention. Anyways just to get a broad generalization I got a poll goin', vote if you want, or don't. but no more fucking lectures.

Sorry if this i old and retarded. here's a hint if you don't like the thread don't reply to it it'll die faster!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im undecided, i just got into the whole graff scene and what i do now is shit, therefore its not art. But when i see some of the pieces that people do, of course its a form of art, just as much as painting a fucking stream.

but the only thing i can say is masturbation is art.

APC bitch.

haha....whatever.....when I need money....I use aerosol spray paint to stain "borrowed" canvas.....then sell them downtown in the bars......fuck it dude.....whatever floats your boat.........

Guest FlamingHobo

regardless of your "intention" wether you are "expressing yourself" whatever the fuck that means..or you're out there painting on shit for the hell of it...it doesn't matter...if you're an illegal piecer...90% of the people looking at your supposed fucking art..are going to be like.."this city is going down the tubes" ....200 color burners and murals blah blah...the fact of the matter is that art is perception based...we saw that when there was a whole gallery of urine and fecal matter in nyc...how many of you assholes are going to say that's art?essentially i could care less...its not art to me...it might be aesthetic but i percieve it as a life source rather than me "expressing myself" i dont take a tag and then look at the tag and say "man i was really pissed...look at the point in the middle of my W"...thats BULL-SHIT...now..i will agree with you that some people rock canvas with "graffiti"(which i also think is a joke) and it gets in galleries and people love it...people love it because its not GRAFFITI..its out of its element..you put that shit on the business they own..and a vast majority of entrepenuers will be outraged...no matter how "pretty" you make it...sorry this is long but...i had an outburst....peace..

Guest PAYROLL
Originally posted by FlamingHobo

people love it because its not GRAFFITI..its out of its element..you put that shit on the business they own..and a vast majority of entrepenuers will be outraged...no matter how "pretty" you make it...sorry this is long but...i had an outburst....peace..

I guess you've never seen a wall that a BUSINESS HAS COMMISSIONED. Jesus, dude! Nice try at sounding like you know what the fuck is going on, though. :golf clap:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived