Opinions ARE like assholes and this thread has NOTHING to do with graffiti...

Mr.LonelyHeart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

Ok...

Since i've been fortunate enough to see some of your work in person, bue i missed this first time around, i'll ramble. K?Thx!

It's hard to judge solely on style because the subject matter also plays a role. Cowgirl couldn't be realistic, it's cartoonish world; same with heart problems, drunken, pin-up, and a little with happy.

angry and paisa are separate.

I'd say angry shows your huge strength in rendering images realistically. Just enough of the hair shows up on my monitor so i can tell you didnt just scribble inside it with a huge Magnum and call it finished. Honestly, the strokes in the hair are what impress me probably the most, and if you showed that to me in person, you better be as fast as me or faster. Yoink*

Like beard said, I think paisa does the most with what it has. It's clean, uncomplicated and communicates really clearly without a lot of anything to lean on. I'd say the style is more towards the cartoonish, but because of the lack of background, and facial expressions, it comes across more realistically.

I'd say sighting is my favorite in the cartoonish vein. I've always liked this one, and it leans more toward a cleaner style, like cowgirl, where the space extends right to the border. I like the other way you border too, but this works better with the image i guess.

My picks are sighting and angry

BUMP

• 2 weeks later...

damn this got brought back from the dead...

thanks again for the feedback...I'm not too surprised that most people voted for the pin-up drawing...I mean shit...sex sells, but a lot of people commented on the "paisa" one which I wasn't expecting. that was cool..a few people mentioned wanting prints....if you're really interested just drop me a line......Pilau, you get the award for most in depth commentary...and mr.abc that irish kid thing cracked me up

PAISA.

Says a lot without being a lot.

Dope style, and kinda sinister, like there's something to hide.

What do you typically use to ink with? I see all this stipling-looking stuff and I can't picture anyone taking the time to use a dip pen with a nib, but your stuff doesnt really have a technical-pen kind of look. Some of the more fluid, thick lines look like they were done with brushes maybe?

If you're one of these people who pulls off the impossible with markers and bic pens and shit I'd be in shock.

I really like all the tech info shit, figuring out exactly what people use to do stuff. A response would be fresh.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived